• 117(current)
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)
(2012-07-03, 15:20)stephanstricker Wrote: Hi,
I created a few commands and would like to change their order. Is there any way I can do this?

Stephan
Yes Click edit and move them (on the view where you add the commands)

Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
Sorry for being stupid but that is where I thought it would be but I can not find it. When I click on + I get a new windows that says command management. In this window I can only see 'cancel' and + to add another command. When I hold one of the existing commnads it does not let me move it. When I swipe over command I can delete it but that's all.

Stephan

(2012-07-03, 16:53)FSS_Dawid Wrote:
(2012-07-03, 15:20)stephanstricker Wrote: Hi,
I created a few commands and would like to change their order. Is there any way I can do this?

Stephan
Yes Click edit and move them (on the view where you add the commands)

Is there a way to turn off just some collections. For example I want the Star Wars as a collection, but not the Avengers movies ie Iron Man, Thor, Hulk.
@mardup:
I know everyone has waited awhile, but you guys are all going to LOVE the new features when they are finalized and able to be released... there's so much new/awesome stuff going in that will make your jaw drop.

@stephanstricker:
Sadly I don't have an older version to test with, but I thought that feature was in a version that went into the AppStore... are you using the latest version you can get from iTunes?

@robkonz:
As far as I know, it's an 'all or nothing' approach to the collections (XBMC API rules, not Constellations fault). The quickest thing I can think of (granted, might not be ideal) is to remove the Avengers movies from the collection they are in. How to do this depends on how they were put in the collection to begin with.

If XBMC did it (via the TMDb scraper) you have to turn that feature off, remove each of those movies from your database, re-scan the movies, then optionally turn the feature back on.

If you scraped them into the collection via NFO file, you have to remove the movies, edit the NFO to remove the collection info, re-scan the movies.

@Everyone:
Sorry I haven't been around for awhile... and I apologize for any inferred 'tone' in this post, I'm a bit loopy on pain medication right now... by the way, if anyone cares, the HTPC Portal Project I mentioned awhile ago is about to have a massive update in the next day or so. I stripped the site and wrote it from scratch to build in a nice framework with new security features, library functions, and a whole lot more. There's a thread about it on the Constellation Forums if you're interested. For now, I'm going to lay back down before I put myself into a freaking coma.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
(2012-07-03, 22:27)Archigos Wrote: I know everyone has waited awhile, but you guys are all going to LOVE the new features when they are finalized and able to be released... there's so much new/awesome stuff going in that will make your jaw drop.

Can't wait to see what the FSS team has in store for the next release!

(2012-07-03, 22:27)Archigos Wrote: @stephanstricker:
Sadly I don't have an older version to test with, but I thought that feature was in a version that went into the AppStore... are you using the latest version you can get from iTunes?

The version I use is 2.2.4. Is that supposed to have this feature?

Stephan
is there anyway to change the channel using the paid app and live tv? if I try going to remote and using the keyboard it doesnt take the channel number change?
(2012-07-05, 15:14)stephanstricker Wrote: The version I use is 2.2.4. Is that supposed to have this feature?

Stephan

Well it should Smile I will give the appstore version a test and let you know.

(2012-07-05, 18:15)gman3042 Wrote: is there anyway to change the channel using the paid app and live tv? if I try going to remote and using the keyboard it doesnt take the channel number change?
Just click on the channel name or in the details you have switch/record.
yeah.. I know about that... don't want to have to scroll everytime through all the channels.. want to be able to enter in th channel number
(2012-07-05, 19:32)gman3042 Wrote: yeah.. I know about that... don't want to have to scroll everytime through all the channels.. want to be able to enter in th channel number

Ok got you. well for now there is no possibilty to do this. I will add this to our todo list. Will try to fit it in the next release.
thanks! i love the app. last question though.. i do hide a lot of channels in XBMC-PVR because I don't need a lot of them.

But Constellation shows all of them.. I only want it to show the ones that are showing in XBMC

anyway for this to do this?
I have Constellation on the ipad 3. I have used it for about two months now and have really enjoyed it.

I have a couple questions.

The library for the movies and tv shows always update really well for me, I never have any trouble with that. But I have noticed that the remote part has a little trouble. It will usually show what is playing and display it. But most of the time, the progress bar will be at 0, even though the movie or tv show may have been playing for any amount of time, and the volume scroll will be at 0.

To get the remote to update I will have to do something like pause, and play the movie, and to get the sound to reflect what the volume is at, I will have to actually scroll the volume up. After I do that, it will stay in time with the movie or tv show playing, but most of the time it will just show them both at 0 until I do that. I would say that the one single area that the official remote out performs this one is that it always seems to be in time with volume and seek bar. Other than that I prefer everything more with constellation.

---Above is more of a bug problem. Below is more of a question about a potential feature.

I don't know if this has been asked before, I tried to find if it has but 170 pages is a lot. The youtube player is awesome to be able to search and play any youtube video. I was curious if you have any plans to be able to comment on a video from the remote, or view comments. This would pretty much complete the entire experience of having the best remote for youtube.

These are both minor things that shouldn't be looked at as criticism. Overall excellent work on the remote, it's well worth the money.
Hi,
is there any way to delete TV Shows with Constellation? It might be a custom action but I have no idea which one to use.

Stephan
Question 
New to XBMC and Constellation. Love it, love it, love it. Paid for the Pro iPad app the day after I loaded it.

I've spent hours tinkering with Constellation, reading the forum posts, the wiki, and various YouTube vids. It looks like the "Features" section on the wiki has been promising updates for the better part of a year now. Honestly, reading through 176 pages on this thread alone is a bit much to try to learn how the app works. Confused

Anyone have any links to the really good posts within this thread? Or some better YouTube videos?

One main objective I have for my entire setup is to clean it up and lock it down so it's user-friendly for my wife & three young kids. I can't do tech support from work if one of the kids hoses up XBMC while I'm gone, and the wife sure wouldn't be happy.

Some specific questions:

1. I have edited the Constellation menus to remove Live TV, TV Shows and YouTube. However, when I return to the Dashboard screen, I'm seeing "Episodes" listed after the "Movies" section. I assume that's for TV Shows. How can I remove that?

2. I don't see an option to add "Movies" to the main menu. On the Confluence skin, the video add-on section is where I get to TED talks, DIYnet, etc. How do I get to that via Constellation without using the remote gestures to navigate the Confluence menu?

3. On the Dashboard screen, the Albums section only lists a few of my albums - all with titles starting with an "N", but not all the "N" albums. What is controlling what shows up here? Going to the Albums and changing sort/filter options doesn't seem to have an effect.

4. What is the purpose/effect of "Resync local data", "Remove database" and "Flush images cache" in the config menu? Is that affecting data just on my iPad, or on the XBMC machine?

5. On the control (?) menu (where you set up the host), what is the purpose/effect of the Update Library buttons? I've pressed them both briefly and held them long enough to light up, but nothing happens. No pop-up telling me something was complete or not installed or anything. It was fun watching the button light up, though!

Thanks for a really slick app! You'll be getting another $0.99 (minus what Apple takes) when I upgrade my wife's iPhone...

Is there anyway of using sort title instead of the movie name as my movies are not in order

Its fine in xbmc but not in this app as I use alot of sort by sort title to keep them in order.

Cheers
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote)5