• 11(current)
Pivos Xios DS
(2013-01-08, 16:42)JoZerByte Wrote:
(2013-01-08, 16:16)davilla Wrote:
(2013-01-08, 15:43)PobjoySpecial Wrote: Linux will offer better performance.

Take note that the Raspberry Pi can probably give you what you want for ~1/2 the cost.

Geesh, I'm becoming an evangelist...

not if you want passthough Smile

(2013-01-08, 16:29)thebearnecessit Wrote: i think davilla was saying the pi cannot do passthrough.

(2013-01-08, 16:34)Nu7s Wrote: Are you sure davilla? If I try to adjust the volume while playing on my Raspberry PI, I get a warning it is not possible during passthrough.

Raspberry PI supports DD and DTS passthrough. What is not supported yet is DD-HD and DTS-MA passthrough, but neither on the Pivos Xios DS.

two lines of code Smile
And If Iám right, Pi cannot downmix high bitrate audios either (hd audios, under video playing)
(2013-01-08, 21:12)davilla Wrote: two lines of code Smile

What are you waiting for? Wink
(2013-01-10, 01:01)JoZerByte Wrote:
(2013-01-08, 21:12)davilla Wrote: two lines of code Smile

What are you waiting for? Wink

All in good time Smile
(2013-01-07, 08:29)sevusal Wrote: ... looks like you have picked the last remaining inventory from Amazon. no more $99 box left! Sad

At the time of my purchase (Sunday) there were 10.

And, I bought two. Big Grin

TIP: Never post a link here until AFTER you make your purchase!!! Rofl

They arrived today, both M3's. Nod

(now, I patiently wait for my mSD cards to show.)
Hey guys, signed up here to thank davilla for the excellent work done so far.

Ordered myself a box a couple days ago on amazon.de on the pivos amazon.de substore (I'm in the EU). Just got an e-mail from Pivos / at-visions GmbH saying my shipment was delayed, it should ship in the next couple weeks, hope I don't have to wait that much longer :-)

The mSD card arrived today though, my body is ready!

Hope the Xios can replace my trusty old atom/ION barebone box running Openelec as main xbmc box in the living room, otherwise I'll just put it in the bedroom for the time being (it only has to play 720p series there), I'm patient and I don't doubt that support will improve over time.
(2013-01-10, 18:47)koji_m Wrote: ... saying my shipment was delayed, it should ship in the next couple weeks, hope I don't have to wait that much longer :-)

Look at it this way, koji: When you receive it, Frodo will likely be full 12.0 and not RC 3, so you will not need to reflash the system

Plus, over at Pivos, Davilla will keep coding and resolving issues, so that much "cleaner".

...although we should all pitch in and likely get him a new system... The speed of his coding and compiling means that he likely has an old IBM AT 286... lol... Rofl

ah... memories.

Now the XIOS is about the size of the number keypad section of the old AT keyboard.
Rofl
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have a stupid question for you guys. When running Linux or android are you able to turn it on or off easily? Or is it like the ATv going into some sort of sleep?

m1's have a real power off/on but they cannot suspend/resume.
m3's have suspend/resume but they cannot power off/on.
Did they learned and did it tight with the M6? Big Grin
(2013-01-10, 19:45)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: I have a stupid question for you guys. When running Linux or android are you able to turn it on or off easily? Or is it like the ATv going into some sort of sleep?

Running linux, there is no "off". It goes into suspend. Your XBMC menu choices are: [Custom Shutdown Timer], [Suspend] and [Reboot]

The suspend works VERY well, and it comes out of suspend directly back into XBMC. Quickly!

Pressing the power button on the remote wakes it, so the Wake-on-IR-USB function is happening very well.

(...unlike my main Zotac / Win7 based device... grrrr... )

Power use must be negligible in suspend mode. When the XIOS is "on" it can get fairly warm. In suspend mode the box is stone cold.

While there is a small green power button on the back of the device, in Linux it has no effect. If you want to completely shut down, I choose reboot and then when the Pivos Xios logo comes up, I pull the plug. (you would do that when you need to flash a new version, and need to go from a cold boot)

I cannot comment on Android... I tried it and found it so unwieldy that I changed to Linux. (... and I am NOT expert in Linux. I use XBMC and the mSD for all my file management needs)

It depends on the design of the M6 board Smile To power off/on, you need support outside of the M6 SoC Smile
hey guys
im a noob here
davilla ive seen u on the pivos forums when i 1st got this device
been having trouble with it from day one...got it a lil bit better using hardware excel and what not
then my g/f mom gave us a wireless router
i connected the xios by ethernet to the router..all was well..still a lil choppy but if i paused n let it load it usually wasnt a prob..unless it was hd

so one day i figured i would unplug it from the router n straight into my modem to see if anything acted better
well now i cant connect to any urls in xbmc
i can go on google play when in android and go online
but in xbmc i cant connect to any of the apps..navix, icefilms, 1channel
it all say "cant connect to url"

im not sure but it looks like my mac address in the network setting may have changed..not positive but it looks different to me then before

any help would greatly be appreciated as my g/f is starting to get on my case about having tv to watch instead of dwnloading stuff and streaming/ putting it on usb..lol

thanks in advance guys
(2013-01-10, 20:51)DUDENOOB Wrote: but in xbmc i cant connect to any of the apps..navix, icefilms, 1channel
it all say "cant connect to url"

Not to be discussed on this forum.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivos Xios DS2