• 151(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2013-01-22, 21:17)upD8R Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 16:52)DanCooper Wrote: But wait for the next fix in 6-7h, I made a too small window for the episode-thumb.jpg option (for full frodo style) in settings. with next fix you can make the TV shows completely Frodo ready/compatible.
So this episode-thumb.jpg is not in fix 4 yet? That's the reason the thumbs are not recognized by Frodo after rescraping one of my shows. I'm going to wait for your next version. Thanks for the support! Nod

Ember 1.3.0.7 Fix 4.1
- only fix "<episode>-thumbs.jpg" option (now available in settings)
What setting is everyone using for season fanart with Frodo?

I can't for the life of me get it to work. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
thx DanCooper for the new release ... actors thumbs (i think) works now...
another question, please: apart from the sets manager...could be possible to add a checkbox in the edit fields of a films to quick add this information ... near sort order or some?

sorry my english!
(2013-01-22, 23:21)Samu-rai Wrote: What setting is everyone using for season fanart with Frodo?

I can't for the life of me get it to work. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
I haven't tried it but it should be "season01-fanart.jpg/png" located in the TV show folder, not in the season sub-folder.

Not sure, if this is now fully supported with Ember fix 4.1, I believe the file can be created but it's in the season folder, which is wrong according to Frodo naming convention.

Kodi 17.x running on Nvidia Shield, 1x KODIbuntu
mySQL hosted on WHS 2011
(2013-01-22, 23:32)upD8R Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 23:21)Samu-rai Wrote: What setting is everyone using for season fanart with Frodo?

I haven't tried it but it should be "season01-fanart.jpg/png" located in the TV show folder, not in the season sub-folder.

Not sure, if this is now fully supported with Ember fix 4.1, I believe the file can be created but it's in the season folder, which is wrong according to Frodo naming convention.

Ember safe seasonXX-poster.jpg in the tvshow folder and that's correct. I add seasonXX-fanart.jpg in the next release.

Quote: 1.16 How should local images be named for Frodo?

Shortcut: #Local_images

See also: Thumbnails

Since Frodo now supports both posters and banners simultaneously, and for other supported images, the following naming conventions are available for local images. Whenever possible, old Eden style naming is supported for backwards compatibility.

For folders (e.g. tvshows, movies in folders, or just folders on the filesystem)

poster.(png/jpg)
banner.(png/jpg)
fanart.(png/jpg)

Season images reside inside the tvshow folder

season[XX]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
season-all-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg}
season-specials-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

For files (episodes, movies not in folders, video files)

[moviename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
[episodename]-thumb.(png/jpg)
[filename]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

Correct filenaming and folder structure are:

\Movies\Avatar\Avatar.avi
\Movies\Avatar\poster.jpg
\Movies\Avatar\fanart.jpg
\Movies\Avatar\movie.nfo

\tv-shows\American Dad\Season Specials\American Dad - S00E01.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season Specials\American Dad - S00E01-thumb.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season Specials\American Dad - S00E02.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season Specials\American Dad - S00E02-thumb.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season 01\American Dad - S01E01.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season 01\American Dad - S01E01-thumb.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season 01\American Dad - S01E02.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season 01\American Dad - S01E02-thumb.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season 01\American Dad - S01E03.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\Season 01\American Dad - S01E03-thumb.avi
\tv-shows\American Dad\tvshow.nfo
\tv-shows\American Dad\poster.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\banner.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\fanart.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\season-all.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\season01-poster.jpg
\tv-shows\American Dad\season-specials-poster.jpg
dan how are you going about getting seasonXX-fanart working? TVDB doesn't have specific fanart per season does it?
@DanCooper Good job again hehe ! Smile
@CaptainKen-

I've ran into similar issues which seem to be resolved by removing the media path in ember, updating the library (to empty), then re-adding the path. Ember will the initialize properly based on the updated changes for that title.
(2013-01-22, 16:37)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 07:37)CaptainKen Wrote: This is very strange. I just scraped Sweet Home Alabama with Ember with the Offline Media Manager. It found it with the correct name so I selected it. then it changed the name to "Melanie's Getting Married", which is not what IMDB shows as main name. So I corrected the name as well as the folder. I Updated the Library in Ember and XBMC and neither sees the movie. What is also strange is that even though the nfo contains numerous actors, there was no .actor folder was created. Here is the nfo generated by Ember.

So I'm assuming that something must be wrong with the nfo, but I can't figure out what. Here's the NFO.

I am really starting to hate movies with two names because of this

Ok, it got even stranger this morning! Last night one of the many things I tried was rebooting, which had no effect. Left the pc all night as usually, woke up this morning, opened Ember and it saw the movie. So did XBMC. Must be gremlins!

(2013-01-23, 05:54)cpmiller22 Wrote: @CaptainKen-

I've ran into similar issues which seem to be resolved by removing the media path in ember, updating the library (to empty), then re-adding the path. Ember will the initialize properly based on the updated changes for that title.

Thank you.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-01-22, 21:32)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 21:17)upD8R Wrote:
(2013-01-22, 16:52)DanCooper Wrote: But wait for the next fix in 6-7h, I made a too small window for the episode-thumb.jpg option (for full frodo style) in settings. with next fix you can make the TV shows completely Frodo ready/compatible.
So this episode-thumb.jpg is not in fix 4 yet? That's the reason the thumbs are not recognized by Frodo after rescraping one of my shows. I'm going to wait for your next version. Thanks for the support! Nod

Ember 1.3.0.7 Fix 4.1
- only fix "<episode>-thumbs.jpg" option (now available in settings)

The above link in your post is broken, however I was able to use the one in your sig. Thank you.
Today, all of a sudden, it's taking forever (5+ minutes) to get posters/fanart, and most of the time after the long wait there's nothing to pick from. Haven't had a problem until today (this evening around 6pm central time. Will updating to the new fix 4.1 fix this? It's not a bandwidth issue, i ran a speedtest simultaneous and it told me i was getting 30 down 15 up. I went to themoviedb.com and did notice it was taking a long time for images to load on that page as well. also, i just re-scrubbed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II and after the long wait, only 2 posters came back and they were neither of them in english. Hinkie
(2013-01-23, 07:06)gh56243 Wrote: Today, all of a sudden, it's taking forever (5+ minutes) to get posters/fanart, and most of the time after the long wait there's nothing to pick from. Haven't had a problem until today (this evening around 6pm central time. Will updating to the new fix 4.1 fix this? It's not a bandwidth issue, i ran a speedtest simultaneous and it told me i was getting 30 down 15 up. I went to themoviedb.com and did notice it was taking a long time for images to load on that page as well. also, i just re-scrubbed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II and after the long wait, only 2 posters came back and they were neither of them in english. Hinkie

Similar issue here in Arizona. I've had a blank "Select Fanart" window for a long time.
Cool, glad someone else is running into this same thing
After almost an hour I finally had to click cancel on the scraping of select fanart, and then let it continue with the rest. Fix 4.1 didn't fix the actors issue.

I assume that I was simply supposed to just copy the fix4.1 onto of my existing fix3?
(2013-01-23, 02:36)fma965 Wrote: dan how are you going about getting seasonXX-fanart working? TVDB doesn't have specific fanart per season does it?

No, TVDB doesn't have specific season fanarts, but you can use/choice one of the show fanarts.
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26