• 200(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2013-02-25, 12:05)oleroc Wrote: Issue with Frodo and Ember.

Frodo's way of scraping has uncovered a few issues with multipart movies.
Earlier, Eden would just find an online thumb if no local thumb could be found, but Frodo will show a screen shot of the movie instead.

Also, frodo DOES not accept:

<movie>.part1.tbn [.jpg]

For Frodo to pick up the thumb, any multipart movie must have the thumb:
<movie>.tbn

So, could ember be patched to pick up <movie>.tbn [.jpg] and all other files (<movie>-trailer.xxx, <move>-fanart.jpg, etc)
in a multipart scenario?(<movie>.part1.mkv, <movie>.part2.mkv, etc.)

I know the code was changed earlier to allow for <movie>-trailer when the movie was called <movie>.part1.mkv but the change didn't stick.

Regards,
Ole M

Yes, i have already fixed stacking files for next release of ember.
(2013-02-24, 05:05)DanCooper Wrote: News for next release:
- full, I hope really full Frodo support for all movie folders and files structures
- saving actor thumbs on auto scraping
- better search results on auto scraping (IMDB)
- display exact matches (not popular) on manual scraping
- fixed YouTube downloading
- fixed issues when "use all fanarts for Extrathumbs" is activated

To do list for tomorrow:
- fix picture recompression

Hi... Can you set the .actors folder as hidden like XBMC does when you export the library?
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
(2013-02-25, 13:33)Pr.Sinister Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 05:05)DanCooper Wrote: News for next release:
- full, I hope really full Frodo support for all movie folders and files structures
- saving actor thumbs on auto scraping
- better search results on auto scraping (IMDB)
- display exact matches (not popular) on manual scraping
- fixed YouTube downloading
- fixed issues when "use all fanarts for Extrathumbs" is activated

To do list for tomorrow:
- fix picture recompression

Hi... Can you set the .actors folder as hidden like XBMC does when you export the library?

Curious what the benefit would be to flag folder as hidden? I like seeing it as it's a good visual to remind me to make sure one exists.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
I'm a new Ember user and I can't get it to work properly. I manged to scrape all the movies but when I click "update library" in XBMC nothing happens. No updates are made. I use "How to Geek" guide for Ember and I have Frodo.
Thanks in advance
Angel
(2013-02-25, 17:35)Angelripper Wrote: I'm a new Ember user and I can't get it to work properly. I manged to scrape all the movies but when I click "update library" in XBMC nothing happens. No updates are made. I use "How to Geek" guide for Ember and I have Frodo.
Thanks in advance
Angel

How to geek is old and out dated. 1.3.0.9 has frodo buttons just click on the in settings for moves/ TV shows to set it up.
I clicked on the Frodo buttons in settings but still when I "update library" in XBMC nothing updates.
(2013-02-25, 17:55)Angelripper Wrote: I clicked on the Frodo buttons in settings but still when I "update library" in XBMC nothing updates.

The Update button is only to scan your sources for new files. After update you can scrape the movies.
It's working :-)
Thanks Dan.
Hey guys,

Whenever I scrape movies with ember it gets me the poster and fanart nicely, but no usable extrathumbs. I can select the images to be used for extrathumbs under the fanart window, but no matter what quality I select (large, normal, or small) the final extrathumbs are always bad quality (look like small resolution or very badly compressed images). I have had this issue probably since versions 1.3.05. I somehow hoped the problem would resolve itself but it hasn't =( The problem is that I have to use the frame extractor to get my extrathumbs, which is okay but it takes so much more time. Has anyone experienced this problem, or might know why it does this? I am thoroughly puzzled - please help HuhConfused Happy to post pics to illustrate the problem if that helps....
(2013-02-25, 08:03)mojo_lo Wrote: Downloading of the poster (actually a thumbnail screenshot) when scraping an episode seems flaky. Usually it doesn't work at all. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am having this problem since 1.3.0.9. The previous release worked great for TV shows, but the IMDB scraper didn't work. Not sure which problem is worse ...
(2013-02-26, 02:50)Struikrover Wrote: Hey guys,

Whenever I scrape movies with ember it gets me the poster and fanart nicely, but no usable extrathumbs. I can select the images to be used for extrathumbs under the fanart window, but no matter what quality I select (large, normal, or small) the final extrathumbs are always bad quality (look like small resolution or very badly compressed images). I have had this issue probably since versions 1.3.05. I somehow hoped the problem would resolve itself but it hasn't =( The problem is that I have to use the frame extractor to get my extrathumbs, which is okay but it takes so much more time. Has anyone experienced this problem, or might know why it does this? I am thoroughly puzzled - please help HuhConfused Happy to post pics to illustrate the problem if that helps....

you can set the quality in settings - pictures - native scraper. Standard is thumb (the smallest size). The option calls Extrathumb size, top right corner.

(2013-02-26, 05:49)boblinthewild Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 08:03)mojo_lo Wrote: Downloading of the poster (actually a thumbnail screenshot) when scraping an episode seems flaky. Usually it doesn't work at all. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am having this problem since 1.3.0.9. The previous release worked great for TV shows, but the IMDB scraper didn't work. Not sure which problem is worse ...

Can you upload a sample image?
Any ETA on 1.3.0.10?
(2013-02-26, 17:22)Randall Lind Wrote: Any ETA on 1.3.0.10?

If I can solve the image resizing problem today.... tomorrow(?)
(2013-02-22, 10:41)DanCooper Wrote: Ember don't support multi scraping in TV shows (atm).

... Really? Well, that explains why nothing was happening when I expected it to :lol:

Quote:ut you can select more than one with CTRL + rmb and select rescraping. After this Ember scrape all selected shows step-by-step.

That, I tried, and it just wanted to scrape the last show I control-clicked.

Oh well, no biggie for the moment, and thanks again!
I tried to setup XBMC controller module, but I keep getting following error, whenever I try to "populate sources" or try to access "XBMC -> Update" from Media Centers dropdown.

Code:
The remote server returned an error. (404) Not Found.

I've enabled network services on my XBMC setup and I can access the XBMC web interface from browser as well use official XBMC remote app from my iPhone, but I can get this working in Ember. Any idea what I might be doing wrong or if this is known issue?
  • 200(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26