• 208(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2013-03-02, 04:40)BoxeeUser Wrote: Im having an issue with scraping TV shows. It is not working at all for me. I had the same issue with 1.3.0.9 as well, just never bothered to look into it in hopes that the new version would fix my issue. When it tries to find a TV show it does not come up with any results. Also, when i try to manually search or enter a tvdb id number manually, that does not work either. When i look in the settings I do not have any Native TV scraper settings available. Am I missing something? Since it is just not finding any results it does not generate an error log. Any help would be appreciated.

This is weird, series work fine for me. Here's my setup:

Also before I scrape any series in Ember I create the tvshow.nfo and simply put the tvdb.com link to the serie in it and save the file, i.e. like

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=76290&lid=14 for Twenty Four.

Maybe this helps. The native Settings are blank like in your screenshots, so I don't think thats the problem.
Individual episode directories are still not possible with 1.3.0.10 Sad I assume this is something which is not trivial to fix, and we should not expect to see it soon?
(2013-03-01, 23:43)Randall Lind Wrote: I thought fanart.tv was just for clear art . logos etc for TV shows BTW didn't find anything, I also can't get the movie db to work. So how do I set it up to work?
@m savazzi
I would say fanart.tv is only needed for downloading clearart.png, logo.png and landscape.jpg for tvshow. Have a look in my screenhot, I posted a screen of my tvshow structure, there you can see I have these files and XBMC Skin Mq4 will use it (and others too I believe)
(2013-03-02, 10:01)Cocotus Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 23:43)Randall Lind Wrote: I thought fanart.tv was just for clear art . logos etc for TV shows BTW didn't find anything, I also can't get the movie db to work. So how do I set it up to work?
@m savazzi
I would say fanart.tv is only needed for downloading clearart.png, logo.png and landscape.jpg for tvshow. Have a look in my screenhot, I posted a screen of my tvshow structure, there you can see I have these files and XBMC Skin Mq4 will use it (and others too I believe)

the fanart listed for movies which was my reason for posting that, I didn't get the point why it was under movies and not TV Shows.
Hello guys,

@DanCooper
first, thx for the great program Ember Media Manager.

and i have a question, it is not possible to refresh all movies data (for create the .nfo) in 1 click ?
i have need refresh all my videos and its really looooong and boring to click on refresh button for all.
(i do not use scraper).
@m savazzi

can you point me to the correct naming convention for Frodo or skins? Is not clear to me how to call them and where to save

(2013-03-02, 10:07)Randall Lind Wrote:
@m savazzi

the fanart listed for movies which was my reason for posting that, I didn't get the point why it was under movies and not TV Shows.

I've created a scraper for movies only, not for tv shows as the existing one works on thetvdb. Now the fanart.tv part is only in my new scraper.
I can look to add it to the native and/or add to my scraper the tv one Wink

but I'm not clear on which should be the naming convention for logo and clear art.

also on actors thumbs where should they be saved?
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2013-03-02, 14:06)m.savazzi Wrote:
@m savazzi

can you point me to the correct naming convention for Frodo or skins? Is not clear to me how to call them and where to save

This should do it:
Quote:7.1 Filenaming

Movies:
Poster (poster.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)
Extra_fanart (<image ID from provider>.jpg)
Extrathumbs (thumb1.jpg to thumb4.jpg)
Clearart (clearart.png)
Logo (logo.png)
Discart (disc.png)
Wide_Banner_Icons (banner.jpg)
Thumb 16:9 (landscape.jpg)

TV Shows:
Poster (poster.jpg)
Season Posters (seasonx.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)
Clearart (clearart.png)
Characterart (character.png)
Logo (logo.png)
Season Banners (seasonbannerx.jpg)
Season Thumb 16:9 (seasonx-landscape.jpg | seasonall-landscape.jpg)

Musicvideos:
Poster (poster.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)
Clearart (clearart.png)
Logo (logo.png)
Discart (disc.png)

I place them in tv show main folder (like in the screenshot I posted)

Source:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...Downloader
Cocotus,

I think my issue may be an issue with large collections and the "Newest Movies" filter. When I click on it, the left pane lists movies 1-999 then start over again at 001. So maybe that is what is causing the sort to fail for me. Last night I added 5 movies and sure enough they didn't get sorted as the newest movies like you were saying should happen.

Also I noticed that the media.emm database stores the release date of a movie. Instead of having a Release Year filter, why not filter by the actuall release date? That way years where you have many movies would at least be sorted in a more precise order.
Question: does Frodo support episode fanart under TV?
I've noticed what when you check the button there is no check for it

There is a bug in .10: the boxee module has the YAMJ name. Probably is a string issue, will look into it
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2013-03-02, 17:52)m.savazzi Wrote: Question: does Frodo support episode fanart under TV?
I've noticed what when you check the button there is no check for it

There is a bug in .10: the boxee module has the YAMJ name. Probably is a string issue, will look into it

No, XBMC don't support episode fanarts.
Randall,

The list above is not 100% correct. It should be this:

Movies:
Poster (poster.jpg, <moviename>-poster.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg, <moviename>-fanart.jpg)

Fanart.tv -specific movie artwork:
Clearart (clearart.png)
Logo (logo.png)
Discart (disc.png)

TV Shows:
Poster (poster.jpg)
Season Posters (seasonXX-poster.jpg, season-all-poster.jpg, season-specials-poster.jpg)
Season Banners (seasonXX-banner.jpg, season-all.fanart.jpg, season-specials.jpg)
Season Fanart (seasonXX-fanart.jpg, season-all-fanart.jpg, season-specials.fanart.jpg)
FanArt (fanart.jpg)

Fanart.tv specific TV artwork:
Clearart (clearart.png)
Characterart (character.png)
Logo (logo.png)
Season Thumb 16:9 (seasonXX-landscape.jpg, season-all-landscape.jpg, season-specials-landscape.jpg)

Note that the syntax for season specials is not "season00", but rather "season-specials".
More infos about Frodo paths:

http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...adID=24196
(2013-03-01, 17:22)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 16:48)CaptainKen Wrote: I have confirmed the following:on 3 PC's. One is my laptop with Win7 Pro SP1 that was an existing install of v1.3.09. The other 2 are PC's with fresh installs of Windows XP Pro SP2 and all updates. No other programs including EMM are installed.

If EMM is installed with the Frodo options checked, then movies with <movie>-fanart.jpg and <movie>-poster.jpg are the only ones it sees artwork for. So it does not see artwork for fanart.jpg or poster.jpg. If after completing the wizard I enable poster.jpg and fanart.jpg as well, then artwork for all movies shows up. If I then click Update Library all artwork is still showing. However, if I then F5 Refresh on ANY movie regardless of <movie> or not, then just the main fanart disappears.

However, if EMM is installed without using the Frodo setting, then no missing artwork.

Bulk Renamer will only list movies the EMM recognizes fanart for.

Actors are not being scraped regardless of settings.

As reported earlier Export Movie List has issues with the Source Folder Filter not working and with New and Reset buttons unusable.

Also as another user reported none of the fanart images are checked by default when scrapping, were with v1.3.0.9 and earlier they were.

That's the way Ember works!
Ember recognizes only the images that are named like they are set in the settings. If you have set "poster.jpg" Ember looking for "poster.jpg", if you have set "poster.tbn" Ember looking for "poster.tbn". If you have more than one selected, Ember tried to find at least one of them.
F5 rescan the folder and checks all the files if they match the settings.

Bulk Renamer need only a nfo (respectively a database entry) to list the movie.

Actor thumbs and actors only be scrapped if activated. This works perfect.

Another use has solve the problem with a fresh installation of Ember.

... and btw, the source filter work also.

Thanks for replying Dan and clearing up my confusion with what artwork will show up.

Regarding the other issues, I'm sorry to report that they are issues. Here is a link to a video of the whole install process and problems on a FRESH Win 7 Pro SP1 PC. Another fresh new windows install with all updates. The only programs that are on it are VLC, Camtasia and Filezilla. The two previous PC's didn't have any other programs installed. So 3 fresh systems with no prior EMM install. I'm in software development so I understand how important being able to start with a fresh PC to replicate an issue is as well as demonstrating in detail any issues found. So unless there is some setting I'm missing, these must be bugs. You'll get to see my settings this way as well, and I've sped up the update processes where needed. Do you have a fresh system to try out yourself, such as maybe a Virtual PC?

http://youtu.be/jEtaAfFC9L0

EDIT: Oops I neglected to include Bulk Renamer issue so here's a quick 30sec video on it:
http://youtu.be/YkOv4RLcezg
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Thanks for those vids CaptainKen - I will check the Export HTML page and report back Smile

Ok I checked it out and I can reproduce your obersvation with the Export HTML when using source filter.
The solution is that you have to click the button AGAIN after checking the folder in the list. This will save/set the filter and button to regenerate the list using the filter will be enabled.
(2013-03-02, 00:58)pritect Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 12:04)pritect Wrote:
(2013-03-01, 11:57)DanCooper Wrote: The most in Ember is VB/.net3.5. You have install the last .net Framework?

Yes, i have .net framework 4.5

Still got the issue, are there any logfile anywhere that I can use to find out what causing this?

Have you tried installing the v3.5 Framework as well?
  • 208(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26