• 36(current)
Release ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<
(2013-05-17, 05:29)winylisa Wrote: Any way to make this more mouse friendly
I like the skin and I hate having to use the keyboard, is there any way to make this more mouse friendly. I don't want to buy a remote as I have XBMC through an HTPC. Many times I find when I click on an icon with the mouse, the submenu appears and then disappears when I move the mouse cursor toward it. I find the only way to consistently get it to work is if I select the icon with the keyboard and navigate the submenu also with the keyboard. Another thing I would appreciate is to make right click go back only one screen instead of the home screen. This again forces me to use the keyboard if I want to go back one page. One final note, Is it possible to change the size of the Custom Shelf Icon so it fits in the banner on top better?

Thank You for any and all help in advance and Thank You for the great work

Unfortunately,no plans for Mouse support... sorry.
as for the custom Icon, You need to create an image with clear borders to make it fit better.. I can't reduce the size or the weather icons will result being too small...

(2013-05-15, 19:29)abdxbmc90 Wrote: first off, wonderful skin. i usually change skins every two to three months from aeon mq, ace, quartz and metropolis. sio2 is the skin im into now. i normally like to edit the skin through the xmls for a personal touch. can you help me rearrange the order so in the main menu it goes * movies * tv shows * music * pictures * addons * weather * instead of * addons * pictures * weather. ive looked into the includes.xml but cant really figure it out.

also can you teach me how to incorporate fanart3 view from quartz into sio2 if that is possible

thanks in advance

thanks!

which skin are you using sio2 or sio2-X ?

anyhow you just need to edit Home.xml and exchange positions btw:

Code:
<item id="343">
          <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(hideaddon)</visible>
          <thumb>icons/Addons.png</thumb>
          <label>24001</label>
          <property name="color">icons/Green.png</property>
          <onclick>ActivateWindow(1118)</onclick>
        </item>

and

Code:
<item id="344">
          <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(hidepic)</visible>
          <thumb>icons/Photos.png</thumb>
          <label>1</label>
          <property name="color">icons/darkblue.png</property>
          <onclick>ActivateWindow(2)</onclick>
        </item>

as for adding views that's messy....

keep in mind that the home switch will reset itself at every update. (even though there might not be that many in the future for regular sio2)

Enjoy.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
Fastcolors

What .xml file do I edit to change the width of the text box for the weather condition?

thanks

HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
Hey Mr fastcolours im using the sio2 x skin love it but theres just one thing that i wish i could change on the home screen i would like to change the background to a deep black so all the widgets and icons look like they are floating, similar to the finish in the ATV2list, is this possible or is it something that can only be done in the developing stage?
thanks again for you hard work with this skin

REVLUGA
(2013-05-18, 04:07)scrolling Wrote: Fastcolors

What .xml file do I edit to change the width of the text box for the weather condition?

thanks

includes_shelf.xml

I'll fix it.. but I see you're stayng on 2.0.8 so updating is not an option Wink

(2013-05-18, 10:35)revluga Wrote: Hey Mr fastcolours im using the sio2 x skin love it but theres just one thing that i wish i could change on the home screen i would like to change the background to a deep black so all the widgets and icons look like they are floating, similar to the finish in the ATV2list, is this possible or is it something that can only be done in the developing stage?

REVLUGA

I'm not fully understanding what You mean.. Confused

You'd like to get rid of the shelf?

I'm not planning on introducing custom backgrounds.... but You can easily change home.xml to point at nothing.. and get black.
Image Image
(2013-05-18, 14:05)fastcolors Wrote: includes_shelf.xml

I'll fix it.. but I see you're stayng on 2.0.8 so updating is not an option Wink

Thanks again.

Yeah I really like this version. Also, I've done some personalizing as you can see.
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
I'm sticking 2.0.8 how do I go from this Image
To THIS Image
Hey Mr fastcolours im using the sio2 x skin love it but theres just one thing that i wish i could change on the home screen i would like to change the background to a deep black so all the widgets and icons look like they are floating, similar to the finish in the ATV2list, is this possible or is it something that can only be done in the developing stage?

REVLUGA
[/quote]

I'm not fully understanding what You mean.. Confused

You'd like to get rid of the shelf?

I'm not planning on introducing custom backgrounds.... but You can easily change home.xml to point at nothing.. and get black.
[/quote]

Sorry my poor explanations, i love the shelf and the arrangement. i just wanted the background on the home screen to be black, kind of like how u can change the theme from default/red/blue. this the only skin i found where the interface is so user friendly and has a great finished look, my hat goes of to you great job where can i find the home.xml on windows 7?
(2013-05-18, 23:19)bigbodiehard Wrote: I'm sticking 2.0.8 how do I go from this Image
To THIS Image

upgrade to 2.2.0

or grab includes_shelf.xml from 2.2.0 and overwrite the 2.0.8 version
Image Image
Hi fastcolors

Loving the new 2.2.0 version, exactly what i was asking for all those months ago, is there any chance we can replace the pinwheel with a more apple-esk version such as the one from quartz ?

Just to finish off the look and feel design approach we have all chosen this skin for, i know this has been asked for by many people in the past..... thanks again

Now i have to choose do i keep my atv on 4.4.4 with my custom quartz skin or jump back to 5.1.2 with this one, decisions, decisions lol
I would say go for 5.1.2 with Sio2.
(2013-05-19, 12:42)pecinko Wrote: I would say go for 5.1.2 with Sio2.

Yeah but i've spend so much time working with your skin lol and loving every minute of it...
Thanks fastcolours i did what you advised now have the perfect skin looks amazing in the dark

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/7879/img3847y.jpg
(2013-05-20, 01:02)revluga Wrote: Thanks fastcolours i did what you advised now have the perfect skin looks amazing in the dark

http://imageshack.us/a/img560/7879/img3847y.jpg

This will be an option in next update. Wink
Image Image
I think this skin is the best I have used. I do wish there was a way to add
Concerts or music videos to the home page though.

Is there anything I could tweak to allow this?

I use movies for movies
Music for music
Just wish I could add one for concerts.
(2013-05-27, 02:46)dragosani Wrote: I think this skin is the best I have used. I do wish there was a way to add
Concerts or music videos to the home page though.

Is there anything I could tweak to allow this?

I use movies for movies
Music for music
Just wish I could add one for concerts.

You mean scraped music videos on shelf?

I will investigate into that, although I have no idea, what kind of "art" and "infos" are available... I believe is just thumbs.
Image Image
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<19