• 72(current)
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.6
(2013-05-19, 17:59)hegem0n Wrote:
(2013-05-17, 12:39)Eoghlear Wrote: Tought i saw your name with it so i assumed it was yours. Will try to contact whoever forked it.

The refocus skin works well on the rpi nontheless.

I forked it. My name is Paul as well Smile It was in the times Raspberry Pi support for XBMC was experimental. A lot changed since then both in XBMC and in the skin.

Although I think there are many optimization possibilities I think currently there is no need to have a specialized fork for RPi. I wanted my future work to be included in the Paul's version, so anyway your best option is to use his distribution.

Thanks for clarifying Paul Smile

Please, fell free to submit any pull request to the GIT repo that you consider that might improve the skin's performance on RPi.

(2013-05-21, 08:35)namtih Wrote: With 88.6 I don't see the clock at the homescreen anymore - just the date. But when I enter an category/folder it's visible again.
And pressing the button I while watching a movie, also doesn't show the clock and end time in the upper right corner.

I am not able to reproduce this. Try to install the skin again using the GIT's version, or wait a little bit more, as I will propably push another update any time soon to the skin's repo.

(2013-05-23, 09:58)Marco275 Wrote: Hi guys..
I'm using the latest nightly frodo en reFocus big 0.88.6.
Since a few days my receiver is putting out DTS Neo:6 or Dolby Digital Surround EX all the time, even when it is normal 5.1 dts or Dolby.
I wanted to play around with the AE settings but they aren't accesible anymore.
There's ony 'digital/analog/hdmi', 2.0 to 7.2 and play interface sounds settings available.

Please, try using other skin, such as confluence to check if the settings are still not accesible.
Initally it does not sound as skin related.
(2013-05-03, 12:59)namtih Wrote: Is the font selection broken since 88.2?
When I change it to "Original" the left menu of the Settings menu changes to a smaller font. But when I open the Homescreen or the Addon List the font is still the bold one.

I'm using the ReAlaskaDark theme and somehow the font seems bigger than before.

The ReAlaska font selection is still broken for me (on 0.88.6) on the home screen (everywhere else is working).

Does anyone else have this bug?
(2013-05-24, 10:57)bradgy Wrote:
(2013-05-03, 12:59)namtih Wrote: Is the font selection broken since 88.2?
When I change it to "Original" the left menu of the Settings menu changes to a smaller font. But when I open the Homescreen or the Addon List the font is still the bold one.

I'm using the ReAlaskaDark theme and somehow the font seems bigger than before.

The ReAlaska font selection is still broken for me (on 0.88.6) on the home screen (everywhere else is working).

Does anyone else have this bug?

Nope, I don´t, it´s working fine for me.
(2013-05-24, 10:57)bradgy Wrote: Does anyone else have this bug?

I have found that if you add a custom item to the home screen then the font change appears properly. With no custom items I get the same font as you. Although even after adding a custom item, if you go into a sub menu, the wrong font appears again.

Edit: Also noticed that the title font on widgets dont comply to the font selection rules either.
@bradgy + pennywisdom
Thank you very much for checking this. Glad to see that I'm not the only one with problems. :-)

But you also have a clock on the Homescreen, but I'm not. I use the 24h format, so I will try to change it to am/pm and see if it makes a different.
Quote:
(2013-05-23, 09:58)Marco275 Wrote: Hi guys..
I'm using the latest nightly frodo en reFocus big 0.88.6.
Since a few days my receiver is putting out DTS Neo:6 or Dolby Digital Surround EX all the time, even when it is normal 5.1 dts or Dolby.
I wanted to play around with the AE settings but they aren't accesible anymore.
There's ony 'digital/analog/hdmi', 2.0 to 7.2 and play interface sounds settings available.

Quote:Please, try using other skin, such as confluence to check if the settings are still not accesible.
Initally it does not sound as skin related.

hmm.. you're right, it has nothing to do with the skin, in confluence several setting aren't avaliable either. Huh

thnx.
(2013-05-24, 18:17)namtih Wrote: But you also have a clock on the Homescreen, but I'm not. I use the 24h format, so I will try to change it to am/pm and see if it makes a different.

No, it makes no difference. The clock is still not visible for me on the Homescreen since the last update.
(2013-05-23, 20:47)Paul Salem Wrote:
(2013-05-19, 17:59)hegem0n Wrote: Although I think there are many optimization possibilities I think currently there is no need to have a specialized fork for RPi. I wanted my future work to be included in the Paul's version, so anyway your best option is to use his distribution.

Thanks for clarifying Paul Smile

Please, fell free to submit any pull request to the GIT repo that you consider that might improve the skin's performance on RPi.

I'm glad I can help. There is an issue I'd like to improve at first: In march spjonez reported a problem with home menu on Raspberry Pi: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1363690
In terms of what is happening it boils down to this flow:
1. User changes the current item
2. XBMC starts loading new background
3. Old background fades out to black
4. After a while the new background is ready and fades in from black

The are two reasons it happens:
1. Rasperry Pi's disk access speed is very poor (SD card)
2. reFocus BIG uses separate image controls for background instead of one.

I believe both issues can be optimized.

Please check the two recent commits to my fork of your skin:

Home menu background: remove multiple images with visibility logic in favour of single multiimage contolled by menu item focus and associated variables - in this one I address the second issue

Improve performance on Raspberry Pi by optimizing commonly used images sizes - this one is controversial becouse I lower the size of images (from 1080p to 720p). This vastly improves performance on my Raspbery Pi

If you find those changes ok I'll issue a pull request. The changest have been briefly tested by me and appear to work in different configurations (with/without widgets, with currently playing background).

Hi,

I have searched a lot but could not find a reply for about 5 hours.

As for the live tv section in refocus big, is there a chance that the tv channels screen may include a preview of the viewed channel?

Also fullscreen video can no be seen in the background for live tv section, is there anything specific to achieve this?

I played with many options in skin details but no go so please help.

thanks.
(2012-09-18, 10:12)Uridium_uk Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 15:13)Uridium_uk Wrote: Really impressed with the extra features you've added, by far my favourite Skin now.

However i have one small issue....is there any any reason in particular why menu transitions are so much slower than the pure reFocus skin?

Running the original reFocus skin i see no lag at all when opening Movies/TV etc..but with reFocus Big there is a delay of 5-10seconds with a black screen when opening these menu items..

Anyone else get this ?

OK scratch this...after installing 0.83 the delay has gone...:-)

Actually I just installed refocus BIG version 0.88.6 (latest) and it does take several seconds longer to transition between home, movies, home, tv shows, home, system, and back home. and in between screens i get a blank (black) screen, which makes things considerably less smooth.

Any reason why I might be seeing this? Any settings to adjust to make the transitions smoother and faster?
(2013-06-03, 04:38)fogcity Wrote:
(2012-09-18, 10:12)Uridium_uk Wrote:
(2012-09-17, 15:13)Uridium_uk Wrote: Really impressed with the extra features you've added, by far my favourite Skin now.

However i have one small issue....is there any any reason in particular why menu transitions are so much slower than the pure reFocus skin?

Running the original reFocus skin i see no lag at all when opening Movies/TV etc..but with reFocus Big there is a delay of 5-10seconds with a black screen when opening these menu items..

Anyone else get this ?

OK scratch this...after installing 0.83 the delay has gone...:-)

Actually I just installed refocus BIG version 0.88.6 (latest) and it does take several seconds longer to transition between home, movies, home, tv shows, home, system, and back home. and in between screens i get a blank (black) screen, which makes things considerably less smooth.

Any reason why I might be seeing this? Any settings to adjust to make the transitions smoother and faster?

Try to disable Extra Animations on the skin settings.
(2013-02-28, 13:52)Sabish Wrote:
(2013-02-28, 12:09)rd1979 Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 16:26)joro_abv Wrote: No one reacted on my proposition to work on a nicer home menu, but since I'm stupid but persistent- I go on with offering a concept screen that I made to present my idea. So, here it goes below :
- menu item images from theme, of course
- background changes to same image as menu item image, when there's no art to show. When arts - then the background is artwork, this is clear, I guess
- customizable clock and date colors
- news scroller gets more 'visible', when navigated to it.
- space between menu items and clock used for widgets etc, of course
- submenus appear and can be navigated for the current menu item below, as shown

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrcz2avyinbr7p..._horiz.jpg

How do you like it ... anyone ... ?

Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents to let you know I too like it. Don't think just because not many have answered that we don't like the idea. Unless you were the one from before, you're not the first to come up with this concept for reFocus.

Since the subject of new a home menu for reFocus is on the table, i want to share my approach with you. I've done the following mockups last summer, when i was discussing with Paul the idea of doing reFocus reLoaded. But reFocus BIG has come a long way since then, so maybe It could be nice to implent an alternative homescreen in BIG in next updates, instead of keeping it for a new skin/mod that might take months (or even years) to see the light of day.

Anyway, here it is : it's mainly based on some metro UI concepts i've seen here an there, but i think it could blend in nicely with rest of the skin :

Of course, these are just raw mockups, and have therefore a lot of room for improvement (espacially for the thumbs in bottom), but feedback is welcomed of course Wink

Sabish.

I'm using a new horizontal home menu I made based on Sabish' work above.

Screens:

To enable this menu you need to enable "Enable horizontal Home Menu" in skin options.
The lower bar is controlled by widget settings in options, so to see it you need to enable widgets as well.
This mod supports whatever theme you use.

This is experimental, ale changes are published in my fork of the screen in the "metro" branch:
https://github.com/paweu/skin-refocus.pi/tree/metro
(2013-06-03, 04:38)fogcity Wrote: Actually I just installed refocus BIG version 0.88.6 (latest) and it does take several seconds longer to transition between home, movies, home, tv shows, home, system, and back home. and in between screens i get a blank (black) screen, which makes things considerably less smooth.

Is switching the fontset from "Default" to "Original" or "reAlaska" improving screen transitions?
(2013-06-05, 13:21)hegem0n Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 04:38)fogcity Wrote: Actually I just installed refocus BIG version 0.88.6 (latest) and it does take several seconds longer to transition between home, movies, home, tv shows, home, system, and back home. and in between screens i get a blank (black) screen, which makes things considerably less smooth.

Is switching the fontset from "Default" to "Original" or "reAlaska" improving screen transitions?

Sorry, I switched back to reFocus and it's faster enough that I think I'm staying there for a while. Thanks for the reply though.
Where can i download the horizontal version from sabish?
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] reFocus BIG v.0.88.615