• 30(current)
WIP Arctic mk. II
hey jurial,

nice community support. Thanks a lot.
Actually I have the Model B Pi (512MB) and it worked before but now it stopped working to show clearlogos. Dunno why. The database "should" be fine. I newly added all data but I can do it again.
I also used artwork downloader once again. Maybe something messed with it up.

Btw. thanks for the short guide using github. I decided to use that method too. So I did it already Smile --> very convenient way of updating and much better than my old method Smile
I am now infront of a fresh arctic skin install. Curious if this works now.

btw.: I guess the r-pi is a litte bit fighting with the blend in effect moving through the main menu (with a set background for each menu (movies, tv series, etc.). Maybe I shouldn't set backgrounds.
You have already mentioned one can change the value of effectsslowdown setting in skin.arctic/addons.xml. I played a bit with the values but sadly I have to say it doesn't make a difference. Thanks for the hint anyway.
Once again it is nice helping the r-pi users Smile
I appreciate that.

Cheers

EDIT: Clearlogs working now. 2nd try of new installation of your skin succeeded.

btw.: why isn't the skin showing up in the skin selection screen (where you can choose one skin out of all you have owned skins)? After I edited the addon.xml where I changed ID="skin.arcticMK2" and name="ArcticMK2" it showed up. It seems like xbmc thinks there is still another version of this skin Oo
But i deleted and restarted the r-pi before i made a fresh install of the skin.
Ram: 512
Media: SandDisk Extreme USB3 + SanDisk Ultra SDHC Class10
Connection: Wired
PSU: HAMAN 5V 2.1A
Storage: 2TB and 3TB WD MyBook Essential
RaspBMC: July update
Output: HDMI
Overclocked: ARM@1000/Core@500/SDRAM@500/V@4
Extras: gpu_mem_512=256
(2013-08-05, 04:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: Image

jurial, where'd you get this background and where can I find it?

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Navigate to: skin.arctic>extras>backgrounds>"02.jpg"
(2013-08-06, 03:05)Azake Wrote: Navigate to: skin.arctic>extras>backgrounds>"02.jpg"

I'm still seeing the older one

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone else having issues with the music fanart zooming in and pixelating on the now playing screen? It was working fine prior to the last major release/change and appears to be fine in other skins. I also can't seem to navigate to the now playing "misc options".
ah my bad. I didn't see the difference. Thought you meant this one. Sorry. Maybe it's reserved just for jurial Smile
(2013-08-06, 02:13)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-05, 23:21)furii Wrote: ah, so you do. i believe it would be more intuitive to have it underneath the info tag setting like the clearart option then. also maybe indenting the option a little to show it depends on the tag setting.

that said, i was able to turn on info tags, turn on numeric rating, and then turned info tags off so that i would get the numeric rating on the info screen. strangely the shows it disabled even though the info screens are indeed using the numeric setting.
I rearranged the options slightly, so hopefully they make a bit more sense now. I also added the "show numeric rating" to the video information settings 'Skin Settings > Views > Video Information >>> Prefer...'

Also, low list reflection option should be fixed. That was an option el_cabong added via a pull request - I think he must have just accidentally missed the poster reflection because it worked properly for music low list and also for the reflection of the actual low list backing panel.

once again many thanks Rofl
(2013-08-06, 02:41)Azake Wrote: btw.: I guess the r-pi is a litte bit fighting with the blend in effect moving through the main menu (with a set background for each menu (movies, tv series, etc.). Maybe I shouldn't set backgrounds.
You have already mentioned one can change the value of effectsslowdown setting in skin.arctic/addons.xml. I played a bit with the values but sadly I have to say it doesn't make a difference. Thanks for the hint anyway.
I appreciate that.

EDIT: Clearlogs working now. 2nd try of new installation of your skin succeeded.

btw.: why isn't the skin showing up in the skin selection screen (where you can choose one skin out of all you have owned skins)? After I edited the addon.xml where I changed ID="skin.arcticMK2" and name="ArcticMK2" it showed up. It seems like xbmc thinks there is still another version of this skin Oo
I'm glad the logos are working for you, but wow, you really are not having much luck with things :p
Sometimes I find I need exit xbmc and restart it again to get new skins to show up if I have installed them whilst it is running.

Yeah backgrounds and fanart are going to provide the biggest hit performance wise for the pi. I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that it struggles a bit with loading large textures, and textures dont come much bigger than fanart/backgrounds at 1920x1080 Wink
Shame the effects slow-down/speed up doesn't help, it was worth a try though.

(2013-08-06, 03:13)hoopsdavis Wrote: I'm still seeing the older one
Here you go: http://nerdynotdirty.deviantart.com/art/...-144611048
Had to do a tin eye search to find where it came from - I have a folder full of minimalist nature type wallpapers that I have collected over time Wink
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2013-08-06, 03:22)deletedpenguin Wrote: Is anyone else having issues with the music fanart zooming in and pixelating on the now playing screen? It was working fine prior to the last major release/change and appears to be fine in other skins. I also can't seem to navigate to the now playing "misc options".
That's strange that its pixelating. You can turn the animation off at 'Skin Settings > OSD > - Animate artist slideshow' (you might need to turn on display artist slideshow first, then turn it off).

If by 'misc options' you mean the settings gear icons on the right hand side of the osd, then you need to have music visualisation turned on in 'Skin Settings > OSD > Enable music visualisation' because they are just the options for the visualisation, so there isn't anything to show if the music visualisation is turned off.
(2013-08-06, 03:36)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-06, 02:41)Azake Wrote: btw.: I guess the r-pi is a litte bit fighting with the blend in effect moving through the main menu (with a set background for each menu (movies, tv series, etc.). Maybe I shouldn't set backgrounds.
I appreciate that.

I'm glad the logos are working for you, but wow, you really are not having much luck with things :p
Sometimes I find I need exit xbmc and restart it again to get new skins to show up if I have installed them whilst it is running.

Yeah backgrounds and fanart are going to provide the biggest hit performance wise for the pi. I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that it struggles a bit with loading large textures, and textures dont come much bigger than fanart/backgrounds at 1920x1080 Wink
Shame the effects slow-down/speed up doesn't help, it was worth a try though.

Haha yeah indeed I am having much luck with all the stuff Tongue
Large textures are too much for the R-Pi since it uses almost all CPU power. You have mentioned something with texture compression. Are you planning to do it soon ?
I have just 720p fanart but it makes no difference. A little trick for r-pi users concerning smooth skin navigation is to set 24hz framrate in 1080p resolution but still the fade outs and so on are quite heavy.
I would recommend everyone Amber skin (it's very fast even with heavy poster view) but your skin has so much detail/passion and i like it, no, I love it pretty much Smile
(2013-08-06, 03:36)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-06, 03:13)hoopsdavis Wrote: I'm still seeing the older one
Here you go: http://nerdynotdirty.deviantart.com/art/...-144611048
Had to do a tin eye search to find where it came from - I have a folder full of minimalist nature type wallpapers that I have collected over time Wink

Thanks, I appreciate it. You're doing a hell of a job.

(2013-08-06, 04:03)Azake Wrote: Large textures are too much for the R-Pi since it uses almost all CPU power. You have mentioned something with texture compression. Are you planning to do it soon ?
I have just 720p fanart but it makes no difference. A little trick for r-pi users concerning smooth skin navigation is to set 24hz framrate in 1080p resolution but still the fade outs and so on are quite heavy.
I would recommend everyone Amber skin (it's very fast even with heavy poster view) but your skin has so much detail/passion and i like it, no, I love it pretty much Smile
Hahaha thanks Smile
Yeah, when it goes to the skin development repository the textures will be compressed automatically into a textures file. I could do it myself, but running linux I'm pretty sure I have to compile my own dev version of xbmc to do so (there isn't a simple downloadable tool as far as I'm aware). And that isn't something I can be bothered with at the moment (especially since I'm so close to getting the skin to a point of being able to submit to the development repo where it will be done automatically -- and that also means automatic updates for you guys!).

(2013-08-06, 04:17)hoopsdavis Wrote: Thanks, I appreciate it. You're doing a hell of a job.
No problem. Smile
ah cool that Sounds reasonablySmile

haha One Thing: you have the option to activate the light osd. as a r-pi User i was thinking it was a light weighted style of the osd haha
nevermindSmile

one more thing. i am using your skin on a german xbmc interface language. sometimes i have noticed the font is a little bit out of the windows for example "close" means in german "schließen" and a small part of this word is outside/at the edge of the window.

...but hey i really don't care. i just wanted to mention it. You cant test every languageSmile
(2013-08-05, 14:36)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-05, 13:10)Smobbo Wrote: Thanks for your quick response!
I'll update the skin when i get home to get the background for the slider back Smile.
I'll also look into editing the effectsslowdown setting in addons.xml. I assume this is a value i can lower to dimish the effect? I'll try a couple of settings and will report back!
Yeah. Its a multiplier of animation times. So 0.50 will make the animation speed twice as fast. I think you have to restart xbmc to see its effect (rather than just reload the skin).

Hi, I've changed the effectsslowdown to 0.2, but that was crazy fast Wink.
Now I've put it at 0.5 and that looks really nice. The animations don't stutter at all. There is still some waiting between screens, but that's normal with the raspberry pi. Perhaps the compressing of textures once its in the official repo or development repo will help a little.

Anyway, this is now my standard skin!

It also has a high WAF Wink

P.S. for the rasp users, set to 24hz (as Azake said) and v-sync on and it runs very smooth Smile
I love the XBMC and the raspberry community Smile two very supportive communities Smile

..and try to get 720p artwork instead of 1080p.

Any hints and tricks for r-pi, don't hesitate to message me Smile
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help