• 9(current)
[Archive] Arctic
(2013-08-25, 22:34)ferent Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey,

In my library I have documentaries with many episodies, and XBMC show each episode as the same film. The only way to see the difference between them would be to show the real path in the info movie screen.
I know you want to keep the layout as clean as possible, but maybe you can show this path only if the Update button is focused... It's only a suggest.

Thanks for this skin. I love it!

Yes, this would be very helpful. I had to remove some incorrect duplicates and I was forced to switch to another skin so I could remove the correct one. If you are looking to "balance" the item (since the main screen is mostly in a double column) another item that is helpful is original airdate at least for TV episodes. I like to see when an episode originally aired.
(2013-08-25, 22:53)Tripp Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 22:34)ferent Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey,

In my library I have documentaries with many episodies, and XBMC show each episode as the same film. The only way to see the difference between them would be to show the real path in the info movie screen.
I know you want to keep the layout as clean as possible, but maybe you can show this path only if the Update button is focused... It's only a suggest.

Thanks for this skin. I love it!

Yes, this would be very helpful. I had to remove some incorrect duplicates and I was forced to switch to another skin so I could remove the correct one. If you are looking to "balance" the item (since the main screen is mostly in a double column) another item that is helpful is original airdate at least for TV episodes. I like to see when an episode originally aired.

Oh yes, I miss original airdate for TV episodes too. +1
(2013-08-25, 22:58)ferent Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 22:53)Tripp Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 22:34)ferent Wrote: The only way to see the difference between them would be to show the real path in the info movie screen.
If you are looking to "balance" the item (since the main screen is mostly in a double column) another item that is helpful is original airdate at least for TV episodes. I like to see when an episode originally aired.

The big problem is space - adding extra items just makes everything look cluttered. However, I liked ferent's idea about showing the path when refresh is focused. I just made an update to git where focusing the refresh button will switch the writer info for filename and path.

Also, I noticed that episodes don't seem to have genre info and for tvshows/seasons the genre is shown down the bottom in the infotags -- so I changed the info screen to show first aired where it would normally show the movie genre up the top (and movies already show the year in the infotags so they don't need first aired).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
is there anyway to disable the posters on the OSD unless you are calling the Keymap to "Info". Previously it only showed on the Info call.

In the past I was able to use the keymap Showtime and ActivateWindow(PlayerControls), using either of these would NOT show the poster. Now the poster shows regardless on showtime and ActivateWindow(PlayerControls) and it clutters the screen.

EDIT: Another small issue with colors in the dark Theme the Volume Indicator. Picture linked for reference http://i.imgur.com/ZK7g8qA.jpg
(2013-08-26, 02:04)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 22:58)ferent Wrote:
(2013-08-25, 22:53)Tripp Wrote: If you are looking to "balance" the item (since the main screen is mostly in a double column) another item that is helpful is original airdate at least for TV episodes. I like to see when an episode originally aired.

The big problem is space - adding extra items just makes everything look cluttered. However, I liked ferent's idea about showing the path when refresh is focused. I just made an update to git where focusing the refresh button will switch the writer info for filename and path.

Also, I noticed that episodes don't seem to have genre info and for tvshows/seasons the genre is shown down the bottom in the infotags -- so I changed the info screen to show first aired where it would normally show the movie genre up the top (and movies already show the year in the infotags so they don't need first aired).

Greeeat!! It's perfect now. Thanks!
(2013-08-26, 02:24)pentaflake Wrote: is there anyway to disable the posters on the OSD unless you are calling the Keymap to "Info". Previously it only showed on the Info call.

In the past I was able to use the keymap Showtime and ActivateWindow(PlayerControls), using either of these would NOT show the poster. Now the poster shows regardless on showtime and ActivateWindow(PlayerControls) and it clutters the screen.

EDIT: Another small issue with colors in the dark Theme the Volume Indicator. Picture linked for reference http://i.imgur.com/ZK7g8qA.jpg

I knew there was an option that I forgot to add Oo

I just pushed an update to git with the option "Skin Settings > OSD > Simplified seekbar". Enabling that will stop the seek bar from showing the poster/logo and movie name etc.

I've changed the osd controls behaviour to only show the controls (not even the seek bar) unless you show the info by pressing up or on seeking/pause. Pressing the info button in the osd controls goes straight to the extended info (with the plot) whereas pressing up shows the movie info without the plot (and pressing up again extends it).

I think this way makes the most sense whilst staying clean and uncluttered.

Also, I've fixed the volume colour issue. I'm surprised I missed that - thanks for pointing it out Smile
(2013-08-25, 11:37)PatOso Wrote: jurialmunkey, is possible add to view slideshow extrathumbs in the info panel for movie?.

I'm not sure quite what you mean?
The app is fantastic, really something else. Keep up the good work.
I miss two things:
Scrolling text on the home page at movie info
And how can I stop the animation off pictures at music guide mode?
(2013-08-26, 05:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: I knew there was an option that I forgot to add Oo

I just pushed an update to git with the option "Skin Settings > OSD > Simplified seekbar". Enabling that will stop the seek bar from showing the poster/logo and movie name etc.

Also, I've fixed the volume colour issue. I'm surprised I missed that - thanks for pointing it out Smile

Awesome that option provided exactly the behavior I was expecting. Thanks for the quick fix on that and the Volume Indicator.
jurialmunkey, the empty top bar is showing in the old non-small OSD when pressing info, doesn't look right with the chapter tab (if available). Top bar should only show while control bar is active IMO, otherwise it's just covering content real estate.

The option to disable the top bar is missing in newer revisions.
(2013-08-26, 06:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'm not sure quite what you mean?

In every movie I have a folder "extrathumbs" and looking at the information to display these "extrathumbs" in mode slideshow.
Fanart background does not change

Thanks.
Hello jurialmunkey. You're probably right. The problem I have is regarding the application Artwork downloader. the strange thing is this: if I download for example the so-called art directly using the app, then the cdart appears, but if the drain with the application that I use to enter the information of the film, the cdart not appear. I tried to download the app several times, but nothing.
In this regard, in the version of your skin I can not find the menu to activate the cdart: I have Settings> Skin> General> enable cdart.
Hi jurialmunkey,

First of all thanks for this amazing skin. Really, really impressive.

I would like to ask if possible a little modification in the movies view "Medium List". Now, with this view, you can see the poster at the left and 3 (if I remember well) movies titles at right. Do you think could be possible to see much more movies title at right (10 for example or whatever that the screen allows). It would do it easier to navigate).

Also, is it a complication to activate mouse support?

Thanks in advance anyway,
rss is little visible in the dark theme and ocean. Is possible to show only in the home menu?.
Thanks..............
jurialmunkey, could you add classic poster to the music genre, like you did with movie genre? thanks!
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24