• 39(current)
WMC as the backend - released
Sorry for such a basic question. But i added the unzipped wmc.pvr folder to user, username, app data, roaming, xbmc, addons. But when I go to disabled addons it isn't in the list of pvr's. What am I doing wrong? Thanks
(2013-09-22, 16:10)scarecrow420 Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 15:57)milkman dan Wrote:
(2013-09-18, 10:40)smacrae Wrote: I wish this Skin had support for Plex (PleXMBC)....this would make it the perfect skin....

Yeah, Arctic is great and the series record works well with it. Thank you for getting in incorporated. I would also love to see plexbmc support for it as well as a little feature like this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98567 to auto prompt for episode deletion to show at the end of a show. There are plenty of people that don't want to see that kind of feature for fear of accidentally deleting something from their libraries, but I think it totally makes sense now that there is PVR support and that is a very Tivo-like feature. Anyway, I should probably go post this to the Arctic thread...

I have had one slight hiccup with my 1068 server/1011 client setup using a Hauppauge 2250 card and I am not quite sure how to get a log for it. I set up a series recording of Jeopardy (using the menus/dialog within the skin of XBMC) and it successfully records. When I play it back, there is no audio. When I watch live TV, there is audio. I have recorded other content and the audio has been there. I will continue to monitor and provide feedback.

Thanks again for all the work!

can you try playing the recorded TV files in WMC itself and see if you get audio there? If you are able to reproduce it, can you get a 5 minute sample and upload it somewhere for krusty and I to have a look at? Also, server logs are located here: C:\ProgramData\VDsoftware\ServerWMC\ServerWMC.log

there is also a button in the ServerWMC applicationt to view the log etc

Im not sure we will see much... live TV working means that the live recording and remuxing is finding audio. The scheduled recording just schedules it with WMC service to do the actual recording so it seems like WMC isnt including the audio when it records it. If you do a recording in normal WMC does that give audio?

False alarm. I messed something up when converting with MCE Buddy. I am trying to get it set up such that MCE Buddy monitors the recorded TV directory and converts/renames/moves the files from that directory to my folder for TV shows that Plex uses. I am trying another show in a few minutes and have changed my MCE Buddy profile to the WTV unprocessed one and am just going to try renaming and moving portion. Will let you know.

Thanks.
(2013-09-22, 17:42)RT-3 Wrote: Sorry for such a basic question. But i added the unzipped wmc.pvr folder to user, username, app data, roaming, xbmc, addons. But when I go to disabled addons it isn't in the list of pvr's. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Have you checked the "endable" list, it may be listed there. But if you see it there, try disabling / re-enable.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so I found the addon. But now it keeps telling me the pvr has lost connection. FYI I am running wmc and xbmc on the same machine. Any ideas?
(2013-09-22, 18:26)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 17:42)RT-3 Wrote: Sorry for such a basic question. But i added the unzipped wmc.pvr folder to user, username, app data, roaming, xbmc, addons. But when I go to disabled addons it isn't in the list of pvr's. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Have you checked the "endable" list, it may be listed there. But if you see it there, try disabling / re-enable.
(2013-09-22, 18:41)RT-3 Wrote: Ok so I found the addon. But now it keeps telling me the pvr has lost connection. FYI I am running wmc and xbmc on the same machine. Any ideas?
(2013-09-22, 18:26)hoopsdavis Wrote:

You have the serverWMC running? Don't run WMC, as long as you have it installed with all the tuners setup and channels setup just like you're running wmc but you don't have to open it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a problem I installed the wmc pvr but it buffing every couple seconds is there a way to fix it
(2013-09-22, 19:07)mbecker43 Wrote: I have a problem I installed the wmc pvr but it buffing every couple seconds is there a way to fix it

I had this same issue for about a week, there may be too much activity on your drive holding the recorded TV folder.
I ended up having to go with a usb drive, making it the recorded tv drive and the problem was solved right away.

I assume you're getting like a pause every 5 seconds or so?
Office

I'm looking at building the client addon for OS X (10.8.5). Just wanted to give myself a quick sanity check before I begin:

1. Am I going to need to port any portions of the code?
2. What's the general outline of steps to build this? I'm not entirely familiar with autotools...all I see in the project is a Makefile.am

Thanks for your help. I already have the client working well on Windows 7.
(2013-09-22, 01:41)Dilligaf Wrote: The server log is on the Windows machine xbmc debug.log (wiki) you can use ssh to get it or ftp or samba. In the Windows world "everyone" doesn't mean everyone, humor me and add a source in xbmc file manager and give it credentials from someone that has an account on the machine, I think it will solve your problem.

Yea once I added a source to the server and specified a specific user name. (gave me trouble entering it since I can't seem to use the keyboard as an actual keyboard) now the channels are tuning and I can watch the recorded shows.
Thanks,
(2013-09-22, 21:36)svanhess Wrote: I'm looking at building the client addon for OS X (10.8.5). Just wanted to give myself a quick sanity check before I begin:

2. What's the general outline of steps to build this? I'm not entirely familiar with autotools...all I see in the project is a Makefile.am

Hey, ill send you a PM rather than cluttering up the thread with development specific talk

(2013-09-22, 16:29)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 16:23)scarecrow420 Wrote: hey hoops, im not on my XBMC htpc at the moment, but the first thing i'd check is what the data shown in WMC Epg is? If it is showing more details than we are then there could be some issue.

Also, it may not help too much here but I added a new logging option to the config.xml called LogReplyMessages, if you set that to true and then check the server log, you should see full content of the reply messages being sent from the server to the XBMC addon (ie for a GetEntries you will see the entire Epg for every channel/show listing, or a GetShowInfo you will see the details of a single show).

OK, I'll make that setting "True" in the config.xml
Also I know wmc show the teams playing but its not being pulled over to xbmc epg

scarecrow420, I'm wondering is the "ViewTypesPVR.xml in the addons\skin name\i1080 folder could be edited to include epg subtitles such as team names and episode names.

I saw this listed in MP forum when I used MP as a backend.

<control>
<description>Current program name</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>27</id>
<posX>374</posX>
<posY>614</posY>
<label>#TV.Guide.EpisodeName</label>
<align>left</align>
<font>font14</font>
<textcolor>FFB2D4F5</textcolor>
<animation effect="fade" time="250">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="fade" time="500">WindowClose</animation>
</control>

The one and only thing that is important about this block is <label>#TV.Guide.EpisodeName</label>. This will display the name of the sports event/Episode Name. Leave the <type> and <id> alone as well.

Hoops, I think you've lost me now. Are you talking about modifying the skin to show the episode name field? It should be possible (skinds are not provided by this addon though, so talk to whichever skin develkoper you are using, or try and mofiy yourself i guess).

From a metadata point of view, I believe we do send over the episode name field to the client, so in theory any skin which shows this info (or you might edit whatever skin you're using to include it) would work. This is only my assumption as Im not a skin designer. The LogReplyMessages option I highlighted will mean you can review your server log and see for those episodes, what information is sent over for the guide (GetEntries client request) and when viewing show info (GetShowDescription client request). I believe you will find that this sends over the Title, Description, Short Description and Episode Name (if there is one), so hopefully it's just a matter of getting that field displayed where you want it.

If Ive misunderstood you, I apologise
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2013-09-23, 04:10)scarecrow420 Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 21:36)svanhess Wrote: I'm looking at building the client addon for OS X (10.8.5). Just wanted to give myself a quick sanity check before I begin:

Hey, ill send you a PM rather than cluttering up the thread with development specific talk

(2013-09-22, 16:29)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2013-09-22, 16:23)scarecrow420 Wrote: hey hoops, im not on my XBMC htpc at the moment, but the first thing i'd check is what the data shown in WMC Epg is? If it is showing more details than we are then there could be some issue.

Also, it may not help too much here but I added a new logging option to the config.xml called LogReplyMessages, if you set that to true and then check the server log, you should see full content of the reply messages being sent from the server to the XBMC addon (ie for a GetEntries you will see the entire Epg for every channel/show listing, or a GetShowInfo you will see the details of a single show).

OK, I'll make that setting "True" in the config.xml
Also I know wmc show the teams playing but its not being pulled over to xbmc epg

scarecrow420, I'm wondering is the "ViewTypesPVR.xml in the addons\skin name\i1080 folder could be edited to include epg subtitles such as team names and episode names.

I saw this listed in MP forum when I used MP as a backend.

<control>
<description>Current program name</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>27</id>
<posX>374</posX>
<posY>614</posY>
<label>#TV.Guide.EpisodeName</label>
<align>left</align>
<font>font14</font>
<textcolor>FFB2D4F5</textcolor>
<animation effect="fade" time="250">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="fade" time="500">WindowClose</animation>
</control>

The one and only thing that is important about this block is <label>#TV.Guide.EpisodeName</label>. This will display the name of the sports event/Episode Name. Leave the <type> and <id> alone as well.

Hoops, I think you've lost me now. Are you talking about modifying the skin to show the episode name field? It should be possible (skinds are not provided by this addon though, so talk to whichever skin develkoper you are using, or try and mofiy yourself i guess).

From a metadata point of view, I believe we do send over the episode name field to the client, so in theory any skin which shows this info (or you might edit whatever skin you're using to include it) would work. This is only my assumption as Im not a skin designer. The LogReplyMessages option I highlighted will mean you can review your server log and see for those episodes, what information is sent over for the guide (GetEntries client request) and when viewing show info (GetShowDescription client request). I believe you will find that this sends over the Title, Description, Short Description and Episode Name (if there is one), so hopefully it's just a matter of getting that field displayed where you want it.

If Ive misunderstood you, I apologise

No we're on the same page, I did speak to the skin guy (Arctic) I believe in the skin, it just doesn't pull the Sub-title (Team Names or Episode title) over, that does have to be added somewhere in the skin. Not sure where, I reached out to the guy who created the skin, not sure if he'll get to it.

I don't know how to do it, I looked through some xml files but couldn't figure out which file should be modified.
Office

Cool, well for now I guess the best you can do is prove that the data you want to see, is definitely coming across from our server to the client. As long as that's OK then it should be available to a skin designer to present it in the skin. Perhaps you can research/investigate skin development and modding Smile
About that, when I added the phrase "LogReplyMessages" to the config.xml, the server crashed.

<LogReplyMessages>True</LogReplyMessages> Huh
Office

Thanks! I realized that I should be building the client within the xbmc-pvr-addons project (https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons) so hopefully I'm on the right track for compiling a build.
(2013-09-23, 04:34)svanhess Wrote:

Thanks! I realized that I should be building the client within the xbmc-pvr-addons project (https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons) so hopefully I'm on the right track for compiling a build.

yep thats pretty much all I said in the PM however i did seem to spend alot of words explaining that lol Smile

(2013-09-23, 04:25)hoopsdavis Wrote: About that, when I added the phrase "LogReplyMessages" to the config.xml, the server crashed.

It should already be in the config file set to false. just set it true. Probably you defined it twice which the server doesnt like very much Smile

(2013-09-23, 04:25)hoopsdavis Wrote: About that, when I added the phrase "LogReplyMessages" to the config.xml, the server crashed.

It should already be in the config file set to false. just set it true. Probably you defined it twice which the server doesnt like very much Smile
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9