• 49(current)
[Archive] Arctic
(2013-12-01, 00:48)jurialmunkey Wrote: @PatrickBateman -- I exclusively use a standard hp mce remote control/receiver with only a few very minor modifications to the default keyboard.xml, so it definitely works with a remote. There cannot be any discrepancies between a key on a keyboard mapped to "info" and a button on the remote mapped to "info" because "info" is the action that is sent to xbmc -- keyboard.xml just tells xbmc what action to perform when a particular key or button press is received -- nothing is hardcoded to any particular action -- every action has to be defined either by the user keyboard.xml or the default keboard.xml -- if there is no action defined then nothing happens. So either the info key on your remote doesn't actually send the keypress Ctrl+G at all and sends something else or something is not setup correctly in your keyboard.xml

Can you upload to xbmclogs.com a debug log of you pressing info on your remote when the osd nav controls are up and provide me a link to it. Also, can you upload your keyboard.xml to xbmclogs.com (or pastebin etc.) as well and send me the link. See here (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy) if you need help with uploading a debug log.

If you don't feel comfortable posting them on the forum then just send me a pm with them - but they shouldn't contain any sensitive info anyway.

Ahh...
Looks like my remote is actually sending Ctrl, Alt, G
My keymap is only mapping ctrl, g but still functions as expected n most cases?

Could adding ,alt into the line correct the behaviour?

Edit:
Nope... it's not sending ctrl, alt, g....
I have checked with JRennies plugin, and a key logger and it's sending ctrl, G ...
So here is what I have done, loaded a movie, pressed enter (to bring up play/pause menu) now press ctrl+g using the keyboard and the included keymap posted above and it will not work. All that happens is the play/pause menu disappears?

I'm not sure how this works for others but it just is not working for me on my MCE remote or directly on my keyboard?

JM
if you remove your current key map, add a new one with the line I posted earlier. Now reload xbmc to reload the keymaps) play a movie, press "enter" to bring up the play/pause menu, now press ctrl.g (that we mapped to info) and it will not function as expected.

I have tested this on 3 windows boxes, 12.2 and latest git.

However, if you follow the instructions up until pressing "enter" and after that press the "i" key it will function as expected.

It doesn't work as expected with a keymap present containing ctrl,g mapped to "info" on a keyboard or a remote I can guarantee it Wink

Feel free to test:
Add this: <g mod="ctrl">info</g>
To a key map, add it under full screen video or global.
Restart xbmc so it loads the new key map.

Now, load video, press enter to bring play/pause menu, now manually press ctrl,g on you keyboard physically and I guarantee the OSD just vanishes and doesn't switch as expected.

But do the same, and instead press "i" and it works are you describe.

There is a guaranteed discrepancy between "info" and "I" when keymapped, test it, it doesn't work Sad
(2013-12-01, 20:54)PatrickBateman Wrote: There is a guaranteed discrepancy between "info" and "I" when keymapped, test it, it doesn't work Sad

Sorry, but that is simply incorrect. I double-checked by mapping Ctrl+G to Info in the <VideoOSD> section of my keyboard.xml and it works perfectly as I expected. If you could please provide a debug log and your keyboard.xml from your xbmc's userdata/keymaps/ folder then it will make it much easier for me to solve your issue.

Code:
<VideoOSD>
  <keyboard>
    <g mod="ctrl">info</g>
  </keyboard>
</VideoOSD>
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2013-12-02, 00:08)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-01, 20:54)PatrickBateman Wrote: There is a guaranteed discrepancy between "info" and "I" when keymapped, test it, it doesn't work Sad

Sorry, but that is simply incorrect. I double-checked by mapping Ctrl+G to Info in the <VideoOSD> section of my keyboard.xml and it works perfectly as I expected. If you could please provide a debug log and your keyboard.xml from your xbmc's userdata/keymaps/ folder then it will make it much easier for me to solve your issue.

Code:
<VideoOSD>
  <keyboard>
    <g mod="ctrl">info</g>
  </keyboard>
</VideoOSD>

I'll get one up, I've posed a question about key maps hoping JR will pop in, but for me, it does not function the same as pressing "I" (under only those exact conditions)

The osd appears yes, but if I have the play/pause menu on screen and then press ctrl,g the play/pause menus disappear... But pressing "I" with play/pause on screen functions as you describe. It's not wrong? It's happening, it's a fact Smile

I have my key map setting under a "global" title, but it does not do as described? Perhaps my xbmc/win7 boxes have some configuration conflict, but even a direct copy and paste of the above text, does not function as expected on my configuration WHEN the play/pause menu is on screen?

If it works for you it must be specific to my machines then?

Edit:
Have you tried it with ONLY this entry above in your keymap? No other key maps present? Then bring up play/pause by pressing enter and then pressing ctrl,g... It still doesn't work for me. I have also just tested this on fresh VM box and it still doesn't work? It's possible your key map is picking up something else within the file, as with only that 1 entry under "global", it fails now for me on 4 boxes?
(2013-12-02, 00:31)PatrickBateman Wrote: I have my key map setting under a "global" title, but it does not do as described? Perhaps my xbmc/win7 boxes have some configuration conflict, but even a direct copy and paste of the above text, does not function as expected on my configuration WHEN the play/pause menu is on screen?

And here is your problem with your keyboard.xml just as I expected. The <global> section of keyboard.xml defines the fallbacks for what a key does when it is not defined elsewhere. As Ctrl+G is defined in the <videoosd> section of the default xbmc keymap as having the action of 'Back', then that overrides the global section. As I said before, you need to specifically define what the key does for the <videoosd> section.

Basically xbmc looks for actions in this order:
1. User keymap for that window/dialog (e.g. videoosd)
2. Default xbmc keymap for that dialog
3. User global keymap
4. Default xbmc global keymap

Also, you need to restart xbmc to reload the keymap after making changes.

The structure of your keymap needs to be
Code:
<keymap>
   <global>
      <keyboard>
          ** keys go here **
      </keyboard>
   </global>
   <videoosd>
      <keyboard>
          <g mod="ctrl">info</g>
      </keyboard>
   </videoosd>
   ** other windows/dialogs go here **
</keymap>
(2013-12-02, 00:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-02, 00:31)PatrickBateman Wrote: I have my key map setting under a "global" title, but it does not do as described? Perhaps my xbmc/win7 boxes have some configuration conflict, but even a direct copy and paste of the above text, does not function as expected on my configuration WHEN the play/pause menu is on screen?

And here is your problem with your keyboard.xml just as I expected. The <global> section of keyboard.xml defines the fallbacks for what a key does when it is not defined elsewhere. As Ctrl+G is defined in the <videoosd> section of the default xbmc keymap as having the action of 'Back', then that overrides the global section. As I said before, you need to specifically define what the key does for the <videoosd> section.

Basically xbmc looks for actions in this order:
1. User keymap for that window/dialog (e.g. videoosd)
2. Default xbmc keymap for that dialog
3. User global keymap
4. Default xbmc global keymap

Also, you need to restart xbmc to reload the keymap after making changes.

The structure of your keymap needs to be
Code:
<keymap>
   <global>
      <keyboard>
          ** keys go here **
      </keyboard>
   </global>
   <videoosd>
      <keyboard>
          <g mod="ctrl">info</g>
      </keyboard>
   </videoosd>
   ** other windows/dialogs go here **
</keymap>

Yea, but my mapping needs to under the global heading, so that when I'm not in a video, I can still press info (in library) to view the movie info. If I remove it from global, I lose the function of this button out side of full screen video.

JR (in an old thread) advised me to use global and full screen video to allow the functions to work throughout the skin.

If I remove it from global, my skin function will still be broken as I will be unable to view movie info in the library?
No need to remove it from global -- just put it in both sections as such:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <g mod="ctrl">info</g>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <videoosd>
    <keyboard>
      <g mod="ctrl">info</g>
    </keyboard>
  </videoosd>
</keymap>
Hi, first of all thanks for this excellent skin ...

I'm having a problem with the latest version of the skin, the button subtitles appears normally on movie osd, but when I click to check the subtitles window does not appear ...

'm running xbmc 13.0 alpha9 and skin version of git.Confused

it was working ok ...in prev. versions..

thanks for any help
(2013-12-02, 17:30)anonymousti Wrote: Hi, first of all thanks for this excellent skin ...

I'm having a problem with the latest version of the skin, the button subtitles appears normally on movie osd, but when I click to check the subtitles window does not appear ...

thanks for any help

revert to frodo, this skin is not ready for gotham.
(2013-12-02, 02:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: No need to remove it from global -- just put it in both sections as such:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <g mod="ctrl">info</g>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <videoosd>
    <keyboard>
      <g mod="ctrl">info</g>
    </keyboard>
  </videoosd>
</keymap>

Hey JM,
using the videoosd tag does indeed help, however it still seems to be buggy for me. Perhaps I need to re-map all my keys for this to work correctly?

I was advised by JR to use "fullecreenvideo" tags and "global" tags and I've never ran Into an issue until now? But now my OSD navigation is erratic?

Using the same example as before (play/pause menu on screen) press info, to switch to info OSD (pressing "up" also switches to this info display is that expected?) if I press "up" while on the info display to show the description, and then I press "down" to hide the description, the OSD disappears back to the (play/pause menu) ... However now if I try to go back to the info display, it actually displays the info display with description on view, not the original hidden info view Undecided

In all honesty, i know it's not a big deal, but I now find my self just frustrated when using the OSD.

Navigation has gone from being perfect/natural/instinctual, to being a but of mess on my system. Granted, it's likely related to keymaps, but as I use the generic mce remote keymap as posted by JR for my exact remote, I am surprised to see this amount of issues.

It's no big deal, I'll roll back and wait Smile
(2013-12-02, 19:04)furii Wrote:
(2013-12-02, 17:30)anonymousti Wrote: Hi, first of all thanks for this excellent skin ...

thanks for any help

revert to frodo, this skin is not ready for gotham.

the skin actually is ready for gotham (atleast the subtitles part is, I made JM aware of the subtitles addon structure change a while ago).
I just tested it in latest nightly (dec 2) and latest git version. Works fine when using keyboard (browse to subtitle button), works fine with xbmc remote (android), but yatse remote is not yet updated to work with this change (when choosing "download subtitles" from the menu, nothing happens).

Did u install the latest subtitle addons? (service.opensubtitles etc).
check http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/

also check ur xbmc settings Smile (video - subtitles)
@FREAKJAM @anonymousti -- irc, its because the latest monthly build (alpha9) is the build for October so doesn't actually contain the November changes for subs. I added a condition for the subs button which checks for Gotham and then uses the new method of calling subtitles -- it doesn't work for alpha9 anymore because alpha9 uses the Frodo method of subs but triggers the condition to use the Gotham method.

@anonymousti -- If you insist on using a Gotham alpha then you will have to switch to using the latest nightlies if you want subs to work -- otherwise switch back to frodo until there is an RC for Gotham.
(2013-12-02, 20:19)PatrickBateman Wrote: Using the same example as before (play/pause menu on screen) press info, to switch to info OSD (pressing "up" also switches to this info display is that expected?) if I press "up" while on the info display to show the description, and then I press "down" to hide the description, the OSD disappears back to the (play/pause menu) ... However now if I try to go back to the info display, it actually displays the info display with description on view, not the original hidden info view Undecided

Navigation has gone from being perfect/natural/instinctual, to being a but of mess on my system. Granted, it's likely related to keymaps, but as I use the generic mce remote keymap as posted by JR for my exact remote, I am surprised to see this amount of issues.

The info not being hidden the 2nd time around was a bug and is now fixed. Aside from that one bug, the only change to the navigation is that the info closes rather than just hides the plot when pressing down. The issues you are having with your keymap are entirely related to the fact that you are using a key combination that is typically the one used by the "guide" button on the remote and so it requires changes for every dialog/window where you want it to act as the info key rather than the guide key.
(2013-12-03, 00:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: @FREAKJAM @anonymousti -- irc, its because the latest monthly build (alpha9) is the build for October so doesn't actually contain the November changes for subs. I added a condition for the subs button which checks for Gotham and then uses the new method of calling subtitles -- it doesn't work for alpha9 anymore because alpha9 uses the Frodo method of subs but triggers the condition to use the Gotham method.

@anonymousti -- If you insist on using a Gotham alpha then you will have to switch to using the latest nightlies if you want subs to work -- otherwise switch back to frodo until there is an RC for Gotham.

Thanks @jurialmunkey, i will go back to Frodo on my htpc and test Gothan latest nightlies on my pc .... And again thank for this awesome skin .
I love this theme but I got new furniture and now my TV is slightly farther away (boy the different a couple of feet make!) The problem is I can hardly read the fonts. I hate zooming in because that cuts off the page. I wondered if maybe there could be a second font available that is larger?
@Tripp -- A larger font set is in the works - I've got quite a big update planned in the coming weeks so hopefully it will make it into that.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24