• 54(current)
[Archive] Arctic
i've gotten busy as of late so i've switched to the wip repo rather than github. currently i'm on 0.4.7 and 0.5.2 is available but it says dependencies are not met. any idea what the cause might be? have there been any changes requiring a later version than 12.2 frodo? i'm on openelec 3.2.4.
Great skin it is the best at the moment
(2013-12-12, 09:29)Trickass Wrote: I think I might have found a bug yesterday.

Now, when on the homepage I go to the Movies menu title, then press down (selecting a movie) and then press down again, the type changes from Newest to Spotlight, and then when pressing down it goes from Spotlight to Movies in Progress. (so far no issues, I believe this works as it should). But, since I have no movies currently in progress, no movies are shown in the widget anymore. When I now press "down" again, the widget does not change anymore and thus I'm stuck with the empty "in progress" list.
Definitely a bug. I've always had in-progress items so I've never encountered this. Shouldn't be too hard to fix -- I'll keep you posted.

(2013-12-12, 17:11)jeayese Wrote: 1. is there a way to disable the white overlay on the home screen?
2. Is it possible to have rotating fanart on the homescreen?
3. Is any of this possible by modifying the theme? if so how?
1. Exit xbmc then add the following to the <skinsettings> section of your guisettings.xml in xbmc's userdata folder. Save and restart xbmc. It only works for the simple home screen.
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.arctic.home.simple.fade">true</setting>
2. Yes. Goto 'Manage custom home items' in 'Skin Settings > Home'. Click the category you want to customise backgrounds for (or the favourites star for global backgrounds). Click backgrounds. Choose multi image then set the path to point to a folder that contains your fanart. There is a feature in Artwork Downloader to centralise your fanart into a folder of your choosing.

(2013-12-12, 17:49)furii Wrote: i've gotten busy as of late so i've switched to the wip repo rather than github. currently i'm on 0.4.7 and 0.5.2 is available but it says dependencies are not met. any idea what the cause might be? have there been any changes requiring a later version than 12.2 frodo? i'm on openelec 3.2.4.
Works fine for me. I just switched over to the wip repo myself for my bedroom tv because I couldn't be bothered with doing git pulls all the time. I think there were some issues with the main xbmc repositories being offline for a while -- so that could've caused some issues. Nothing has changed dependency wise for a long long time.

Make sure you delete the entire skin.arctic git cloned directory and restart xbmc before trying from the repo. Also, I find sometimes it helps to clear out the backup packages that xbmc saves in /addons/packages/

(2013-12-12, 20:37)sling Wrote: @JM and anyone who is interested.
The challenge at backgrounds is that these should be beautiful in all screens.
Looks good Wink My personal preference is for simple/minimalist nature wallpapers -- I think they look good with the white fade.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi jurial,

In keeping with the name of the skin, how about some nice 'arctic' themed backgrounds?

I found some really good ones with a quick Google search which look pleasing to the eye.

Just a thought Wink
My skin updated in XBMC and now I no longer have any widgets? Did they get removed? Running XBMC 12.1 on OS X, version of Arctic 0.5.2.
(2013-12-13, 02:46)blondeshanks Wrote: In keeping with the name of the skin, how about some nice 'arctic' themed backgrounds?
I found some really good ones with a quick Google search which look pleasing to the eye.
Yeah, I think that would be a good idea. The main problem is finding good ones that aren't just free to download but also free to distribute.

(2013-12-13, 03:16)Tripp Wrote: My skin updated in XBMC and now I no longer have any widgets? Did they get removed? Running XBMC 12.1 on OS X, version of Arctic 0.5.2.
No they definitely should still be there. You just might have to set them up again yourself (its a side effect of having preexisting widget settings from before) -- Goto 'Skin Settings > Home > Manage custom home items' -- click the category you want to set the widget for and a dialog will pop-up -- goto widget and you can choose the widget you want.
0.5.5 -- New Music Viewtypes

Added some new music viewtypes. You might have to reselect your music views after this update as I cleaned up and moved around the ids a little.

watch gallery

On github -- will be on wip repo in the coming week.
Thank you for the follow-up Jurial! Smile

Also, I have had another issue - but I'm not sure this is really skin related.

In the "In progress" tv-shows, sometimes not all TV shows are shown.

Yesterday, I had 6 series which have new episodes an are in progress. However, only 5 items are shown in the widget.
After watching, the one watched is removed from the widget (as it should), and one of the other "to see" episodes was replaced by the one missing at first.

For example:
1) In progress: Sons of Anarchy, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, NCIS
--> Only SOA, MF and BBT are shown
2) Watched SOA
--> SOA is removed, and now showing MF and NCIS -- BBT nowhere to be found Smile

I'm not sure this is a skin related issue, or some kind of plugin, but just thought I'd ask here Smile
(2013-12-13, 06:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: 0.5.5 -- New Music Viewtypes

Added some new music viewtypes. You might have to reselect your music views after this update as I cleaned up and moved around the ids a little.

watch gallery

OMG, they're so beautiful!!!! thanks thanks thanks I will test when I go home in a few hours.
One question: there won't be cdarts in this views? Thanks
(2013-12-13, 00:19)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2013-12-12, 17:49)furii Wrote: i've gotten busy as of late so i've switched to the wip repo rather than github. currently i'm on 0.4.7 and 0.5.2 is available but it says dependencies are not met. any idea what the cause might be? have there been any changes requiring a later version than 12.2 frodo? i'm on openelec 3.2.4.
Works fine for me. I just switched over to the wip repo myself for my bedroom tv because I couldn't be bothered with doing git pulls all the time. I think there were some issues with the main xbmc repositories being offline for a while -- so that could've caused some issues. Nothing has changed dependency wise for a long long time.

Make sure you delete the entire skin.arctic git cloned directory and restart xbmc before trying from the repo. Also, I find sometimes it helps to clear out the backup packages that xbmc saves in /addons/packages

i've actually been on the wip repo for a while so it wasn't that. instead looks like it is probably related to this: http://xbmc.org/server-issues/
when i looked today i was on 0.5.2. anyway, sorry for the bother. keep up the great work Smile
(2013-12-13, 14:34)ferent Wrote:
(2013-12-13, 06:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: 0.5.5 -- New Music Viewtypes

watch gallery

OMG, they're so beautiful!!!! thanks thanks thanks I will test when I go home in a few hours.

I second that one! Really a pleasure to look at dude. You killed it!

Only tiny remark i have:

If there is to much discription it looks like that. Could you maybe make that line disappear by shrinking the size of what can be displayed? Sorry for the bad explanation, didn't know how to say it in english^^ Anyways it would be cool. If not it's not a big thing at all.

Another thing... Is there a way to get rid of the "all albums" icon? When browsing through the music library and selecting an artist, if the artist has more than 1 album there is always this "all albums" album. Did not find an option to disable it.

Have a great weekend!
(2013-12-13, 14:34)ferent Wrote: OMG, they're so beautiful!!!! thanks thanks thanks I will test when I go home in a few hours.
Big Grin Big Grin

Yeah, no cd art. Might add a view option for a few of them to display it (the strip one and the horizontal wall one with text to the right could probably have room to display it).

(2013-12-13, 17:50)furii Wrote: looks like it is probably related to this: http://xbmc.org/server-issues/
when i looked today i was on 0.5.2. anyway, sorry for the bother. keep up the great work Smile
yeah if the server was down then the addon repositories are down so the dependencies can't be met and the skin gets marked as broken.

(2013-12-13, 19:04)Branphma Wrote: I second that one! Really a pleasure to look at dude. You killed it!

If there is to much discription it looks like that. Could you maybe make that line disappear by shrinking the size of what can be displayed?

Another thing... Is there a way to get rid of the "all albums" icon? When browsing through the music library and selecting an artist, if the artist has more than 1 album there is always this "all albums" album. Did not find an option to disable it.
Thanks Big Grin

Weird, that textbox issue doesn't happen for me as far as I could tell. Nonetheless, I will shrink it by a few pixels.

Yeah I hate the all albums icon too - I find it pretty pointless most of the time really. The only way to disable it is by adding the following to advancedsettings.xml in the xbmc userdata folder (restart xbmc to see the change)
Code:
<advancedsettings>

<videolibrary>
    <hideallitems>true</hideallitems> <!-- removes the "*All" items from the video library -->
  </videolibrary>

<musiclibrary>
    <hideallitems>true</hideallitems> <!-- removes the "*All" items from the music library -->
  </musiclibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Hi

I would like to say that this is the one of best skin i have seen, the other is Aeon Nox wich i used for long time. Now i m on gotham finally, but arctic for me is missing one big feature (mouse support) since mine xbmc is hooked up on big tv.

Any news on mouse support ? I m really looking forward to it. Thanx
(2013-12-13, 22:49)kikinjo Wrote: Any news on mouse support ? I m really looking forward to it. Thanx

Unfortunately, until there is support in xbmc for auto-sized button controls then mouse support is simply not possible without completely changing the design of the home-screen. The skin is designed with a remote control in mind. I recommended buying an mce remote and usb ir receiver -- you can usually get them bundled together for under $20 on ebay.
I really like this theme, but with the latest update (0.5.2), all the home screen widgets have gone. What happened?
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24