• 73(current)
[Archive] Arctic
Okay never mind. I went through this long long thread (Smile) and found how to fix my issues. Thanks.
Would you mind posting how Tripp?
Sure, here is what Jurial posted earlier:

Quote:You might have to try a clean reinstall of arctic. Switch to confluence, delete the skin.arctic directory from xbmc's addon dir. Restart your machine then reinstall arctic. Your skin settings should remain because they are stored separately in xbmc's userdata directory.
This is such an exquisite skin. It is by far my favourite skin of all the XBMC skins I've tried. Coming from Aeon Nox and MQ, this is a breath of fresh air. Well done.

I do have one minor issue though. I cannot for the life of me get lyrics to work at all. I'm using CU LRC Lyrics, it is set in the skin settings, and set to automatically start with a song. It doesn't.

I've tried pressing m and selecting the mic button as was earlier suggested, but that only takes me to the screen with the visualisation and scrolling text. I've tried to change the skin OSD to tabbed, on-screen, offset etc but lyrics just don't show up at all. I've noticed that I sometimes have to press the back button once in the Now Playing screen to get the scrolling text working as well, but that's a minor issue.

Am I doing something wrong here? Am I missing something?

I'd post a log file but I'm not on the media machine at the moment so it can only come later.

Other than that, this skin is perfect and absolutely beautiful...
@DJ... -- Thanks Smile Glad you like it. Are you on Gotham? I just tried then and you are right, the lyrics do seem to be broken. This was working previously when I was on Frodo. I'll look into it.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2014-01-22, 23:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: @DJ... -- Thanks Smile Glad you like it. Are you on Gotham? I just tried then and you are right, the lyrics do seem to be broken. This was working previously when I was on Frodo. I'll look into it.

Hi jurialmunkey,

Yes, I am running the latest Gotham nightlies but the issue was present on previous Gotham versions as well. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Not sure if it's related, but in Gotham the CU LRC Lyrics plugin is marked as broken in the lyrics repo. You have to install the plugin from the services addons now iirc - seems it must be a different, Gotham compliant version. Perhaps that is causing an issue?

I must say that your music and video OSDs are so clean and good looking.

There is one minor issue I have though - on my main media PC I exclusively use Yatse on an old tablet as the main remote. On other skins like Nox I can press the OK button to get to the controls in the music OSD, but in your skin I have to press m. Yatse doesn't support custom buttons and the keyboard doesn't actually transmit the m submit. I have to open up Unified Remote, select the keyboard and press m, then return to the Android remote to use the OSD controls (pause, stop etc)

Would be great if this was tied to the OK function instead so that Android remotes can reach the controls in your skin.

DJ...
@DJ...

I use Yatse from my s3 and it works fine for me. I'm guessing that the lyrics window is stealing focus and blocking the command (even though the lyrics aren't showing the window is still definitely opening up). Try disabling the lyrics auto-showing. Also, pressing back on the music vis will close the lyrics window if it's still open after that.

Also doesn't the second yatse screen have most of the osd controls (horizontal finger swipe to get to it) ?
(2014-01-23, 00:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: @DJ...

I use Yatse from my s3 and it works fine for me. I'm guessing that the lyrics window is stealing focus and blocking the command (even though the lyrics aren't showing the window is still definitely opening up). Try disabling the lyrics auto-showing. Also, pressing back on the music vis will close the lyrics window if it's still open after that.

Also doesn't the second yatse screen have most of the osd controls (horizontal finger swipe to get to it) ?

I disabled the lyrics and still can't get to the controls with the OK button in Yatse. Hit the back button and it took me out of the now playing, so it wasn't the lyrics trying to load, I presume. It did bring up the Milkdrop visualisation presets once after a few clicks. Here are the logs - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=114530 and crash log in case (dunno if you need this one?) - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=114531

I just tested again, and hitting the m on the keyboard brings up the controls, but pressing the OK button on the Yatse remote brings up Milkdrop presets. Yet pressing Enter on the keyboard brings up the controls just fine. Pressing enter on the Yatse keyboard brings up the controls as well. It's just the enter/okay button on the remote of Yatse that seems to bring up the Milkdrop settings for some reason.

And yes, Yatse does have the controls on the second page, but accessing the lyrics button and settings from the Now Playing screen is preferable...
@DJ... -- XBMC translates keypresses into action according to what is defined in your keyboard.xml for that particular window. This is why when the lyrics window steals focus it stops the keys from doing what they usually do. That is, keyboard.xml tells xbmc that the "OK" key is to send the command "osd" when the music visualisation window is focused. However, the lyrics window is focused and isn't defined in keyboard.xml so it falls back to whatever the global default is. The default is generally "select" whereas the m key is globally set to "osd".

In short, either your keyboard.xml is incorrectly setup or a window is stealing focus. As you say it works correctly in other skins (make sure you double check this!) then that means a window is stealing focus. On line 940 & 1323 of your log I can see that the lyrics window loads, so it definitely is stealing focus.

What I suggest is:

1. Disable auto start lyrics in "Skin Settings > Addons"
2. Disable the CU LRC lyrics addon in "Settings > Addons > Enabled Addons > Services > CU LRC Lyrics"
3. Restart xbmc
4. Retry playing music and open osd.

I'll let you know when the lyrics add-on is working properly again for Gotham.
I was wondering: the weather info op de home screens is a nice touch, but is it intended that the weather icon is white on a white background? It's hardly visible Smile
Don't know where I read it, but from memory I thought you have to remove itemid 200 and 201 from the lyrics xml file. After the removal it worked instantly.
I've fixed it two weeks ago for myself, can e-mail the edited file if you want to.
Sorry, another weather question - is there an option to turn it off anywhere? Blush

I had a look through the skin settings but couldn't see an option.

I'm on the latest repo version, 0.6.4 I think.
(2014-01-23, 11:07)mikkelnl Wrote: I was wondering: the weather info op de home screens is a nice touch, but is it intended that the weather icon is white on a white background? It's hardly visible Smile

i agree with this. can we make it black, or like a slate color?
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2014-01-23, 14:33)Scottland Wrote: Sorry, another weather question - is there an option to turn it off anywhere? Blush

to disable completely, go to the full weather screen or find the weather underground addon (or whatever weather addon you use) and go to the settings, there should be an option to uncheck the enabled option, which will disable the app from fetching data.. you could also remove the weather widgets from the home panel, tho the weather button on the power menu is hard coded
@jurialmunkey I was wondering any chance to change the video osd To the top of the careen to avoid cover subtitles or when you fast or back forward meaby a setting to select the possible position the user desire
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Archive] Arctic24