• 211(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-03-25, 18:21)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::

New changes to direct artwork downloading...
As with before all LiveTV artwork is stored under the artwork cache folder (userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/artwork).

All other artwork has two options:
  • Save locally - saves artwork under "Title" directory where media file is found (write permission is required). In PTVL's settings pick the structure that is similar to yours; ie."Title\Season\File.ext" or "Title\File.ext"
  • Save to artwork cache - saves artwork to the same folder LiveTV artwork is stored in. You can clear the artwork cache using the switch under PTVL's "MISC" settings.

Just installed your latest update and looked through the settings but I do not see an option to Save Locally or to Artwork Cache. Is there somewhere in PTVL's settings to change this ?

I just see the Direc Download (coming soon) and Artwork Downloader, but I really would like to save it loccaly in cache and not my media directory as not all users have write permissions to those drives.

Please forgive me if I have just missed something, and thank you for pointing out my question about adding media from a plugin to a .strm I am working on that now too.

I do have another question though or an issue, with newest version my EPG flickers on Ouya! when I select another channel in it while the next channel loads, a quick search results in a lot of posts on the old PTV and I could not connect any of their issues to this.

awe poop samich, this update removed the Video Overlay from EPG. I really like that feature too Smile
(2014-03-26, 04:27)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 03:57)danjef Wrote: This is exactly the type of thing I have been looking for to add to my xbmc, however I've been reading through and it looks very complicated for a noob to setup.

I'm wondering if its in the plans to make it more user friendly in the future?

Did you try auto tuning?

I did not, I figured it wouldn't get me the channels in which I wanted, however maybe I was mistaken as to how it worked, I setup xbmc on my laptop so I can mess around with this more easily before putting onto my box.

How do start the auto tuning? I will mess some more and try that in the morning, Thanks.
(2014-03-26, 04:45)ShaunB1980 Wrote:

As with before all LiveTV artwork is stored under the artwork cache folder (userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/artwork).

• Save locally - saves artwork under "Title" directory where media file is found (write permission is required). In PTVL's settings pick the structure that is similar to yours; ie."Title\Season\File.ext" or "Title\File.ext"
  • Save to artwork cache - saves artwork to the same folder LiveTV artwork is stored in. You can clear the artwork cache using the switch under PTVL's "MISC" settings.

awe poop samich, this update removed the Video Overlay from EPG. I really like that feature too Smile

Did you try re-applying the patch?
(2014-03-26, 05:02)ThorC1138 Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 04:45)ShaunB1980 Wrote:

Did you try re-applying the patch?

yea, it says "patch found do you want to remove it?" i select no then in bottom right corner it says patch not installed.

So i tried uninstalling the patch and then reinstalling but it doesnt want to reinstall.

update: I just reloaded the skin folder from the previous update and its working again. Any reasons why I should do this ?

man but this strobing/flickering when selecting a different channel is painful to watch
Just a heads up for a problem affecting installs on case sensitive file systems.
After upgrading to Gotham (completely fresh install), I had some troubles with only Aurora and PTVL skins working. I then noticed this line in the log (probably not necessary but full log here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=158869)

12:37:02 T:140630914479872 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /var/lib/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/skins/ConCast

It seems that the directory is actually named "concast" (all lowercase) whereas the setting is ConCast and as such fails to find the directory and the required files. So renaming concast to ConCast and default to Default solved my problems.

.. and thanks for your awesome work!

Edit: Phrasing
Does the video overlay still work for you in EPG?
(2014-03-26, 14:32)atmominds Wrote: Just a heads up for a problem affecting installs on case sensitive file systems.
After upgrading to Gotham (completely fresh install), I had some troubles with only Aurora and PTVL skins working. I then noticed this line in the log (probably not necessary but full log here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=158869)

12:37:02 T:140630914479872 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /var/lib/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/skins/ConCast

It seems that the directory is actually named "concast" (all lowercase) whereas the setting is ConCast and as such fails to find the directory and the required files. So renaming concast to ConCast and default to Default solved my problems.

.. and thanks for your awesome work!

Edit: Phrasing

Thanks, Its been fixed just didn't push changes yet...

(2014-03-26, 14:45)ShaunB1980 Wrote: Does the video overlay still work for you in EPG?

What's wrong with the overlay?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Signed up. Thanks for all the hard work & certainly would look forward to USTVnow support coming back.

(2014-03-25, 00:51)Lunatixz Wrote: If enough users sign up for USTVnow using my referral logo (Below). I will bringing back USTVnow support w/EPG and hopefully full PVR control!
I'll leave it in the users hands wither they want me to bring support back!!

Signup is free and includes a few standard definition streams. Their premium service offers High definition streams and more channels...
Even if you already have an account, please use the link to acknowledge my referral.

Thanks I tried the autotune this morning and it worked great for my local video's however I am trying more to do live tv shows is there a easy way to do this?
I have 0.3.5 and for some reason when I go to configure my channels, my arrows don't work to navigate and i can't even open advanced channel rules. I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times, but the issue persists.
::Update::

I added common plugin caching to handle a lot of the repetitive functions in PTVL...
I'm very happy with the performance boost, there is a noticeable difference in build times and start up times.

As with any new improvements there might be bugs? I'm still testing before release, and plan on posting my updates tomorrow.

I've noticed users posting their issues without posting logs... I need to review logs to determine problems, no logs = no fix!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Is it possible to add live tv from the service (offsidestreams/quickplay.tv) ? I recently got this and would to use it within pseudo if so is there any information about it?
(2014-03-26, 22:21)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::

I added common plugin caching to handle a lot of the repetitive functions in PTVL...
I'm very happy with the performance boost, there is a noticeable difference in build times and start up times.

Excellent, cant wait to try this version.
(2014-03-26, 20:09)OhhBradd Wrote: I have 0.3.5 and for some reason when I go to configure my channels, my arrows don't work to navigate and i can't even open advanced channel rules. I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times, but the issue persists.

Try a different Xbmc skin (not Ptvl skin). every time I have had a bug in channel setup it was because of the xbmc skin I was using. try the default skin then once you have your channels set up switch back to the other skin.
(2014-03-26, 20:09)OhhBradd Wrote: I have 0.3.5 and for some reason when I go to configure my channels, my arrows don't work to navigate and i can't even open advanced channel rules. I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times, but the issue persists.

Try a different Xbmc skin (not Ptvl skin). every time I have had a bug in channel setup it was because of the xbmc skin I was using. try the default skin then once you have your channels set up switch back to the other skin.
sry bout the double post tablet error
  • 211(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45