• 212(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-03-26, 20:09)OhhBradd Wrote: I have 0.3.5 and for some reason when I go to configure my channels, my arrows don't work to navigate and i can't even open advanced channel rules. I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times, but the issue persists.

Try a different Xbmc skin (not Ptvl skin). every time I have had a bug in channel setup it was because of the xbmc skin I was using. try the default skin then once you have your channels set up switch back to the other skin.
Hi is it possible for Pseudotv NOT to mark tv shows/movies as watched? Preferably on a channel basis. I don't mind doing some coding I am on Windows 8. Frodo

many thanks
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
(2014-03-25, 18:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-03-25, 16:02)ShaunB1980 Wrote: Hey Luna, is there a way to have a channel pull in videos from a plugin ?

Read Post 2! Nod

I'm having a hard time creating a channel from a plugin, especially with this line:
Code:
Channel_#_2" value="plugin://plugin.scriptname/feedlink"
What is this feedlink we are to add to the end of the line? Can you explain this a little bit better? I am trying to create a feed from the ESPN addon made by Stacked. Any help would be most appreciated.

If you feel this should be in another thread let me know and I will create a new one.
(2014-03-27, 02:00)scilz Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 20:09)OhhBradd Wrote: I have 0.3.5 and for some reason when I go to configure my channels, my arrows don't work to navigate and i can't even open advanced channel rules. I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times, but the issue persists.

Try a different Xbmc skin (not Ptvl skin). every time I have had a bug in channel setup it was because of the xbmc skin I was using. try the default skin then once you have your channels set up switch back to the other skin.

I experienced the same problem using the default ptvl skin using Aeon Nox 5, Confluence and Arctic had to roll back to previous install of ptvl to resume functionality.

Im running Gotham beta 2 and it may not be a problem with the addon.

Will post a log file to help troubleshoot when I get home from work
(2014-03-27, 08:53)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2014-03-27, 02:00)scilz Wrote:

I experienced the same problem using the default ptvl skin using Aeon Nox 5, Confluence and Arctic had to roll back to previous install of ptvl to resume functionality.

Im running Gotham beta 2 and it may not be a problem with the addon.

Will post a log file to help troubleshoot when I get home from work

Log isn't necessary I already fixed the problem and it will be included in todays update...

::Feedback Required::

How do you guys feel about a function to download channel icons automatically by channel name? I can't promise that you will get a logo you like, but could be helpful to some, and you can still apply your own custom logos...
Feed back would be appreciated, thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Oops!
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
(2014-03-27, 09:26)Lunatixz Wrote: Log isn't necessary I already fixed the problem and it will be included in todays update...

How do you guys feel about a function to download channel icons automatically by channel name? I can't promise that you will get a logo you like, but could be helpful to some, and you can still apply your own custom logos...

yes, please
(2014-03-27, 09:26)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Feedback Required::

I like the idea a lot. I have a small amount of matched Icons and little motivation to make the rest match. If you have a way to auto download icons I am all for it. You gain automation while still allowing custom images. It sounds like a win win for everyone but you (you have to code it ).

I have not been this excited about an addon for a while. Thanks for the added features and listening to user feedback.

Would you rather I supply a link in PTVL's settings that downloads and extracts a zip of channel logos from my HUGE collection, or do you like the idea of search and download?

Reason I ask, I wrote some quick code to parse google image's api... then tested how accurate logo images would be with key searches like "NBC transparent logo". This search term yielded great results, as did all "TV network" names.

But when it comes to movie channels or genre channels "Action Movies transparent logo" fails to produce good results... Making me think this approach maybe flawed...

Since I plan on releasing an update tonight... I don't have enough time to add this feature, but I would like feedback on which approach you like better and why? Thanks
(2014-03-27, 16:13)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Feedback Required::

Would you rather I supply a link in PTVL's settings that downloads and extracts a zip of channel logos from my HUGE collection, or do you like the idea of search and download?

Reason I ask, I wrote some quick code to parse google image's api... then tested how accurate logo images would be with key searches like "NBC transparent logo". This search term yielded great results, as did all "TV network" names.

But when it comes to movie channels or genre channels "Action Movies transparent logo" fails to produce good results... Making me think this approach maybe flawed...

Since I plan on releasing an update tonight... I don't have enough time to add this feature, but I would like feedback on which approach you like better and why? Thanks

Depends on the size and time it would take to download the "HUGE" collection.
I like the idea of a "first boot" type prompt. Prompt the user the first time they launch the new build if they would like to download the images.

"Would you like to download Channel Icons?"
"Minimal, Complete, No"

Again, give the user the option for the most common icons, all icons, or not to download at all (Note: Minimal/All option may not be required if download size is small. In that case a Yes/No would be preferred). Once they respond to that prompt once, do not prompt again. If the user decides they want to get all the icons at a later date they can chose to do so in the addon options.
Is there anyway to use rtmp links that require some type of authentication?
very much agree with mrdally204. keeping it fast as possible will be one of the keys. love ur work man.
Likely as not I wouldn't use the channel icon items, especially like you are saying with genre items or user specific ones (e.g. 80's, American Sitcoms, British Dramas, Superheroes, etc., to pick a few from my setup).

As it exists today, is a simple enough process to find them from other collections or using google image seach, and then make a channel name.png and channel name_c.png and throw them into a local channel icon folder that you can select through the PTVL interface.

YMMV.
Hi, Having a little problem with Channel Configuration.

When i open it i can choose channel to edit with the black box, however after i have chosen the channel the black box dissapears and i am unable to choose any other options. if i press up (or down) then enter the channel number changes but i can't choose any of the other options. im sure it worked when i had a quick go on it before.

any help would be great thanks Smile

Windows 8
Frodo
PSTVL Master (from 1st page)
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
::Update::

v.0.3.6 Pushed to git, Post all bugs with logs please. Donors make sure to reactivate features... All users should double check all settings (things have been removed and moved around). API keys no longer needed...

Check post1 change log for info...

If enough users sign up for USTVnow using my referral logo (Below). I will bringing back USTVnow support w/EPG and hopefully full PVR control!
I'll leave it in the users hands wither they want me to bring support back!!

Signup is free and includes a few standard definition streams. Their premium service offers High definition streams and more channels...
Even if you already have an account, please use the link to acknowledge my referral.

• 212(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45