• 224(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-04-04, 23:52)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 23:51)frieten Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 23:45)Lunatixz Wrote: okay for some reason its not reading the settings... I will need to track down the reason why... should be easy enough to fix.. just need to figure out why...
thanks for the logs... I''ll look into it..

no worries i just edited my post with log, i just toggled it on and off and it worked. it was 10000% ON when i sent that log when it said OFF.

so currently only problem is not tuning ustvnow.

will leave you be now, go enjoy your weekend Smile

Logs? USTVNOW works fine for me both manually and autotuned!!

in this log i tried tuning, it got stuck on 15% and i had to forceclose xbmc.

http://pastebin.com/YnUmQhGu
(2014-04-04, 23:54)frieten Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 23:52)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 23:51)frieten Wrote: no worries i just edited my post with log, i just toggled it on and off and it worked. it was 10000% ON when i sent that log when it said OFF.

so currently only problem is not tuning ustvnow.

will leave you be now, go enjoy your weekend Smile

Logs? USTVNOW works fine for me both manually and autotuned!!

no i'm afraid there is a lot of user error going on...
log shows nothing, you should start clean.. good luck

if any users have a log that shows problems with ustvnow please post... otherwise i'm happy with it! since it works great for me!!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-04-04, 23:59)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 23:54)frieten Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 23:52)Lunatixz Wrote: Logs? USTVNOW works fine for me both manually and autotuned!!

no i'm afraid there is a lot of user error going on...
log shows nothing, you should start clean.. good luck

if any users have a log that shows problems with ustvnow please post... otherwise i'm happy with it! since it works great for me!!

lol fair enough, i dont know how much user error can be involved in clicking on start and watching it try and scan for UStvnow channels and get stuck but i will try and get a log, not sure how to do that if it keeps making me have to force close it.

Baring that, how do we just manually add ustvnow?
Another log file. It doesn't really show anything either as USTVNow never outputs an error and just gets stuck.

http://pastebin.com/8jqbfkaZ
(2014-04-05, 00:49)zerojay Wrote: Another log file. It doesn't really show anything either as USTVNow never outputs an error and just gets stuck.

http://pastebin.com/8jqbfkaZ

anyone having issues should always go back to basics before posting here for a fix!
I truly don't think there is anything wrong with the code!

You should:

Delete folder:
addon/script.pseudotv.live
addon_data/script.pseudotv.live

Re-install, enter settings in PTVL and setup, click okay!
then go back into PTVL's settings and enable autotuning and ustvnow.

Also make sure you delete ustvnow plugin, download my copy and install.
folder name should be plugin.video.ustvnow
make sure you don't have a duplicate copy of ustvnow, sometimes it is installed under "ustvnow"

also don't forget to restart xbmc after manually installing any addon!

BTW your error is a strong indicator that you need a clean start!! something is corrupt!
I've done clean starts now 15 times and it still is bugging out. I did however make progress by installing your code for manual install of the ustvnow into a settings2.xml note though that when auto tuning it does not even create a settings2.xml

Struggling to figure out how to provide info when it isn't showing up anything in a log. Grrr
(2014-04-05, 01:36)frieten Wrote: I've done clean starts now 15 times and it still is bugging out. I did however make progress by installing your code for manual install of the ustvnow into a settings2.xml note though that when auto tuning it does not even create a settings2.xml

Struggling to figure out how to provide info when it isn't showing up anything in a log. Grrr

I appreciate your help... but not for nothing we wasted 30mins tracking down your "donor" issues when it turned out you didn't have it enabled in settings...

So you can understand my point of view! if your error is the same as zerojay then it's 100% user error!
I suspect either corrupt files, incorrectly configured settings2 or your ustvnow plugin isn't my copy!
and while i'm being honest! every user who has mentioned ustvnow autotune has been asked to send me their setting2.xml, not one of you have!
so either this problem has magically fixed itself or your just not in a rush to get it fixed since your not sending me the files I ask for!!
(2014-04-05, 01:45)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 01:36)frieten Wrote: I've done clean starts now 15 times and it still is bugging out. I did however make progress by installing your code for manual install of the ustvnow into a settings2.xml note though that when auto tuning it does not even create a settings2.xml

I appreciate your help... but not for nothing we wasted 30mins tracking down your "donor" issues when it turned out you didn't have it enabled in settings...

So you can understand my point of view! if your error is the same as zerojay then it's 100% user error!
I suspect either corrupt files, incorrectly configured settings2 or your ustvnow plugin isn't my copy!

Maybe we can do a live stream Smile I did have it enabled. And can replicate it also on every fresh install it is enabled and won't work unless I enter in my user:password, click activate, it fails. Then exit setup, renter setup and toggle it from On, to off, to on and then activate and it works. Can replicate this 100 times.

I really have no idea, I'm going to go make a fresh install of windows 7 and xbmc on a test pc at work tonight and see if it does it there.

I highly doubt 2 users reporting the same thing is 'user error' lol.
(2014-04-05, 01:48)frieten Wrote: I highly doubt 2 users reporting the same thing is 'user error' lol.

Okay, prove me wrong!!

(2014-04-05, 01:48)frieten Wrote: Maybe we can do a live stream Smile I did have it enabled. And can replicate it also on every fresh install it is enabled and won't work unless I enter in my user:password, click activate, it fails. Then exit setup, renter setup and toggle it from On, to off, to on and then activate and it works. Can replicate this 100 times.

This only proves you can't follow instructions!! install instructions say to configure settings and click okay first!!
you have to enter settings before they take! it's not magic! settings have to be written to a file before they are valid!!
Good
(2014-04-05, 01:50)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 01:48)frieten Wrote: I highly doubt 2 users reporting the same thing is 'user error' lol.

Okay, prove me wrong!!

(2014-04-05, 01:48)frieten Wrote: Maybe we can do a live stream Smile I did have it enabled. And can replicate it also on every fresh install it is enabled and won't work unless I enter in my user:password, click activate, it fails. Then exit setup, renter setup and toggle it from On, to off, to on and then activate and it works. Can replicate this 100 times.

This only proves you can't follow instructions!! install instructions say to configure settings and click okay first!!
you have to enter settings before they take! it's not magic! settings have to be written to a file before they are valid!!

Ok then so you also keep saying send you a settings2.xml, how is that possible when it isn't creating one at all? From every fresh install just running autotune with ustvnow it doesn't ever create one. Looking back the past few pages since your newest release of this autotune with ustvnow I am yet to see anyone who is not having an issue other then you.

It works manually with a settings2.xml but not via auto tune. Also how does entering settings twice mean it doesn't accept the donor login? Lol

Anyway I'm done. I'm just trying to help troubleshoot. It took a week just to get a donor login and I am still unable to use your plugin and im yet to see anyone else chime in and say they have this working.

Will just go back to manually creating channel's. Seems way less a pain in the ass then all this autotune
(2014-04-05, 01:57)frieten Wrote: Good
(2014-04-05, 01:50)Lunatixz Wrote:

Okay, prove me wrong!!

Ok then so you also keep saying send you a settings2.xml, how is that possible when it isn't creating one at all? From every fresh install just running autotune with ustvnow it doesn't ever create one. Looking back the past few pages since your newest release of this autotune with ustvnow I am yet to see anyone who is not having an issue other then you.

It works manually with a settings2.xml but not via auto tune. Also how does entering settings twice mean it doesn't accept the donor login? Lol

Anyway I'm done. I'm just trying to help troubleshoot. It took a week just to get a donor login and I am still unable to use your plugin and im yet to see anyone else chime in and say they have this working.

Will just go back to manually creating channel's. Seems way less a pain in the ass then all this autotune

All I want is to resolve any users problems and have this program function properly!, but half the time my advice goes in one ear and out the other...

If it's not even generating a setting2.xml there is something seriously wrong! if you are getting the errors zerojay is getting... I know from experience that it is fixed by a clean install... sometimes even a clean install of xbmc!
You have to understand those logs shows pseudotv pretty much never starts... it tries to initialize the overlay and stops!! I would like to say it's code but it doesn't even start reading to code!!

I don't doubt there maybe something wrong with ustvnow autotune... but I haven't received any logs to show it! and since I can't duplicate the problem on my end... I have no way of fixing it...
(2014-04-05, 02:03)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 01:50)Lunatixz Wrote: Okay, prove me wrong!!

All I want is to resolve any users problems and have this program function properly!, but half the time my advice goes in one ear and out the other...

If it's not even generating a setting2.xml there is something seriously wrong! if you are getting the errors zerojay is getting... I know from experience that it is fixed by a clean install... sometimes even a clean install of xbmc!
You have to understand those logs shows pseudotv pretty much never starts... it tries to load initialize the overlay and stops!! I would like to say it's code but it doesn't even start reading to code!!

I don't doubt there maybe something wrong with ustvnow autotune... but I haven't received any logs to show it! and since I can't duplicate the problem on my end... I have no way of fixing it...

I know and that is what is frustrating me also, I can't for the life of me figure out why it won't even show up in the log. The offer to remote in is still there if you get the time and you can see from my point of view.

Edit: I just noticed something odd rechecked some things in settings. Upon first putting in all the settings, if I click on channel configuration it pops up fine. When I exit setup and go back in when I click it again it comes up with a. Py error.

Could it be possible this is causing auto tune not to open correctly?

Will see if it comes up in a log
(2014-04-05, 02:08)frieten Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 02:03)Lunatixz Wrote:

You have to understand those logs shows pseudotv pretty much never starts... it tries to load initialize the overlay and stops!! I would like to say it's code but it doesn't even start reading to code!!

I know and that is what is frustrating me also, I can't for the life of me figure out why it won't even show up in the log. The offer to remote in is still there if you get the time and you can see from my point of view.

I'm being honest when I say... I looked into the posts about ustvnow not working... and from my research shows nothing that indicates a problem! that's not to say something isn't wrong... but without a log or without a way to duplicate it on my end!
I will most likely never find whats wrong...

another dumb question.... you did configure ustvnow plugin right? you entered your username:pass and left bitrate at its lowest right!!!
(2014-04-05, 02:17)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 02:08)frieten Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 02:03)Lunatixz Wrote: All I want is to resolve any users problems and have this program function properly!, but half the time my advice goes in one ear and out the other...

I'm being honest when I say... I looked into the posts about ustvnow not working... and from my research shows nothing that indicates a problem! that's not to say something isn't wrong... but without a log or without a way to duplicate it on my end!
I will most likely never find whats wrong...

Yeah fair enough. I appreciate all your time and dedication in helping. I tell you though I'm like a weasel when it comes to stuff I can't fix or figure out so I will be doing my best to try and get to the bottom of it lol.

Go and enjoy your weekend Smile

I'll spend the next 2 slow nights at work trying to figure it out and post anything I think is helpful.
It's funny you mentioned these errors are fixed with a clean install as I had reinstalled XBMC and cleared out my entire previous XBMC configuration only two days ago.

I'm a software developer, I'm no idiot. No need to get personal here. You still haven't indicated which error in my log you are pointing to being a cause of corruption here either. This is also the first time I've seen you ask for a settings2.xml file since I began talking about things going wrong here today.

I'm going through another clean reinstall of everything. Back in a bit.
  • 224(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45