• 11(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
(2014-04-29, 05:13)jez500 Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 18:39)asiaminor Wrote: I have been using this web interface from my pc to control raspberry pi using openelec. 3 days ago I have noticed that the arrow keys and enter key on my keyboard is also working. Thank you for this, because I prefer keyboard controls instead of mouse. But I can not play or pause by keyboard. Is there a way to add hotkeys to interface like arrow keys.

Thank you.

I'll add the spacebar (play/pause) to the keyboard commands for you

Thank you very muıch and while you are dealing with please add + to increase volume and - to decrease volume Smile

And one more thing I have noticed, if I play the movie from chorus movies library it is not resuming, while it is resuming if I use remote control buttons in chorus
(2014-04-23, 06:57)jez500 Wrote: ...
@dhead
Yep, your comment about PVR radio got me interested Smile So I bought a tuner card and added some basic PVR functions (really just changing channels, the api doesn't give us a great deal more)

I'm thrilled I've push you to get add pvr support Smile , I use it daily with Chorus.
With IPTVSimple it easy also to add internet streams as channels so I've got a mix of audio streams from a FTA service (DVB-T) and internet radio stations.

Let me share my current main and much recommended headless music client setup:

* Device: Cubox-i2, about 5x5x5cm tiny cube with dual-core Armv7 CPU, 1GB RAM, silent and cool with internal IR sensor that works with lirc.
* OS: Arch Linux Arm installed on 8GB SD card (OpenELEC image is available), kernel 3.10.
* Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Wireless Audio Transmitter outputs both analog and wirelessly simultaneously.
* Wireless Clients: Creative Sound Blaster Wireless Headphones, Creative Sound Blaster Wireless Audio Receiver, reception is a bit less than 2.4Ghz wifi but quality is great (in comparison to BT), prices are very low and works flawlessly in Linux, (I've grabbed for absolutly nothing the reciever model that includes also the USB transmitter).
* Storage: 1TB WD Elements 2.5" USB Drive.

I've got my Cubox-i2 set as a server so it's running also a misc of services like CherryMusic, OpenVPN Server, Lighttpd, Transmission, HTPC-Manager, Tvheadend and else.
I also have another 2TB drive contains movies and tv series (as my 1TB drive also got inside documents and misc data) so all my USB devices connected through an external USB (3.0) hub with its own power supply, but if you don't need more than two USB devices connected then you really don't need an USB hub (don't forget you can use the IR sensor for remote control).

Unless you need to sync very fast a large amount of data over the network or want a built-in wifi card than you don't need the Cubox-i4Pro (which add GbE, eSata, Quad-Core CPU and 2GB RAM) and will be happy with the i2.

One thing to keep in mind that currently there is a small issue with the SPDIF of the Cubox-i and XBMC but from Github it looks like it should be resolved very soon.
(2014-04-29, 05:18)jez500 Wrote:
(2014-04-28, 20:42)michaelkrtikos Wrote: Once again this is an outstanding web interface.

I have been reading all the posts on this thread but it seems that for me the stream does not work. I run XBMC on a raspberry pi model B and loading the interface from my PC on chrome. The music seems to play in browser but i cannot hear anything.

I have tried this also locally using the local IP and port and also via internet using the external IP and port. The same is happening when i use it from my iPad or iPhone.

I am not sure if i am doing something wrong or i miss any plugin in order to work. please let me know how you have managed this to work!

Thank you in advance!

Possibly the file format? streaming only really works with mp3s

All of my songs are in MP3 44100. I am not sure what is the problem here. In the Local Player it seems to play but i do not get the song duration nor i hear anything.
(2014-04-29, 10:07)krakout Wrote: By the way; I updated manually, the system shows 0.3.7 but the web interface shows 0.3.6.

If it is the correct version in xbmc then this is just browser cache, will eventually correct itself.
Lol.. I had emptied the cache, and also tried it on different computers and always got 0.3.6. Now I tried again and it's 0.3.7 so all's well Big Grin
(2014-04-29, 10:13)asiaminor Wrote: Thank you very muıch and while you are dealing with please add + to increase volume and - to decrease volume Smile

And one more thing I have noticed, if I play the movie from chorus movies library it is not resuming, while it is resuming if I use remote control buttons in chorus

I'll add those extra buttons. And yeah I have been meaning to fix that resume thing, on the list.
(2014-05-01, 13:00)krakout Wrote: Lol.. I had emptied the cache, and also tried it on different computers and always got 0.3.6. Now I tried again and it's 0.3.7 so all's well Big Grin

The only way I can get it to fully clear it is by opening the chrome Dev tools, then right click on refresh and select "empty cache and hard reload". That version number comes from loading the addon.xml file in with ajax (so often avoids cache clears). Anyway, as I said if xbmc shows the correct version (via the ui) then you are sweet Smile
Ahhh interesting to know, thanks!!!
Could you follow the settings "Ignore articles when sorting" from XBMC itself so it has the same listing as library?
Should be available for Gotham by getting the settings through JSON-RPC.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-05-02, 22:51)Martijn Wrote: Could you follow the settings "Ignore articles when sorting" from XBMC itself so it has the same listing as library?
Should be available for Gotham by getting the settings through JSON-RPC.

Added Smile
Sweet. Thx
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@jez500

With the added keymapping it would be nice having a help OSD, although for experience XBMC user these should already known, Gmail got a nice example (SHIFT+?).

How do you feel about opening features request on Github's issues ? without contributing to the code myself (no much free time to learn python) I tend to avoid that, but I do have ideas from time to time.
Did anyone encountered subtitles on the VLC plugin ?

I usually never use the VLC plugin as currently Chromebook is my main machine but it looks like in some cases subtitles do apear.

The only time I seen subtitles was with a MKV with internal English subtitles and Swedish audio language ("The Girl Who Played with Fire").
There no controls (except the bar, play, pause and volume) so we can't disable the subtitles or toggle (I don't understand Swedish so it's fine).

Tested on Arch Linux with VLC NPAPI plugin (npapi-vlc-git on AUR) in Chromium 34.
One small(?) request!

Would it be possible to add, apart from the IMDB rating, the RT rating too (Tomatometer/Audience) or maybe IMDB's Metascore? Smile

Cheers
T
Today Openelec uptaded Chorus addon and keyboard functions are wonderful. Thank you very much.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10