• 262(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-05-08, 21:17)for-the Wrote:
(2014-05-08, 09:01)MrMarijuano Wrote: I've added a reddit channel using the Direct Plugin Chtype.

I'm sure there's a way to do this via RSS but I don't think it has as much options as the plugin.

Huh, funny that.

*I* just wrote a modification that adds Reddit channels that uses the .rss feeds

Except, I did it by modifying the source, so there's a new channel type (16) that looks like:

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="16" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="Videos" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="Top" />
<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="year" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="Reddit: Videos Subredit" />

option 1 is the subreddit name
option 2 is the sort method (top, hot, new, etc)
option 3, if you have "top" as the sort method, it's the time (year, month, day, etc)

You can also have multiple subreddits on one channel by using a comma separated list as option 1.

I've almost got it all working... still working out a few edge cases with scrapping the data...

Share your modification when it's finished... I could add it to my fork.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
How do I add USTVNow streams to PSTVL? I just signed up for the free service and the XBMC plugin steams the channels fine, just don't know how to go about adding the channels to PSTVL. Sorry if this is a dumb question…

Shit I just read the section about it in the first post. I haven't read the first post in so long that I forgot about it lol sorry guys
(2014-05-08, 23:05)ADHDMedia Wrote: How do I add USTVNow streams to PSTVL? I just signed up for the free service and the XBMC plugin steams the channels fine, just don't know how to go about adding the channels to PSTVL. Sorry if this is a dumb question…

Shit I just read the section about it in the first post. I haven't read the first post in so long that I forgot about it lol sorry guys

Read Post 2!
Got it man, thanks. This is really cool, I didn't realize USTVNow had free channels. I might even sign up for the service and cancel my cable lol
(2014-05-08, 18:35)Lunatixz Wrote: It's been almost a year since I published this project, as a thank you for community support i'm offering a Donor Access give away contest...

Follow me on twitter @PseudoTV_Live, Tweet me with your XBMC forum name and one of the three contest types for your chance to win!!

Contest types:

1 - Feedback Contest - Tell me what you like best about PseudoTV Live, and why. (Four random users selected).

2 - Artwork Contest - Looking to revamp my icon and fanart. Create a pair (Icon and Fanart). (Best one wins!).

3 - PTVL Skinning Contest - Create an original* skin or convert a preexisting "PseudoTV" skin for use with PseudoTV Live. (All valid entries win!).
*Original = Not a modification of preexisting skins, but original concept and textures. I retain finale say on what is considered a valid skin.

All entries must be made on twitter, one entry per user. Drawing is on July 14th! for the 1YR Anniversary...

BUMP!

::Update::

Autotune Super Favorites might be available for testing tomorrow...
You can get Super Favorites Here, and Support Here, be sure to thank spoyser for his great plugins! Buy him a biscuit?
Only problem I'm having now is the USTVNow channels are showing incorrect shows and times in the EPG. Any ideas?
(2014-05-09, 00:26)ADHDMedia Wrote: Only problem I'm having now is the USTVNow channels are showing incorrect shows and times in the EPG. Any ideas?

Yeah, Seems USTVnow changes its feed's in-order to accommodate the timezone you're in. You will have to provide your own xmltv data...

If more users go premium, I'll think about adding xmltv data for all timezones, but as it is... I don't get anything from USTVnow... (Not even a development account! Cheap bastards!!). So my level of commitment to them is limited...
So how do I go about providing that info? And by 'Go Premium' do you mean with USTVNow or with you? Lol
(2014-05-09, 00:41)ADHDMedia Wrote: So how do I go about providing that info? And by 'Go Premium' do you mean with USTVNow or with you? Lol
"Go Premium" referring to USTVnow, Only time I see anything from USTVnow is when users pay for premium access... which is zero to this date, lol

Premium has nothing to do with my plugin... I ask for donations and provide a thank you gift...

The xmltv file available now is in the sources timezone... You can use mc2xml to grab listing data and then shift that data to your timezone... Google for details...
I will take a look… thanks for the info. I am seriously considering paying for premium, I hate paying for cable since I hardly watch anything on it lol just the basics would be just fine.

Okay… I got mc2xml and created my .xml file. Now what do I do with it…?
(2014-05-09, 00:11)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-05-08, 18:35)Lunatixz Wrote: It's been almost a year since I published this project, as a thank you for community support i'm offering a Donor Access give away contest...

Follow me on twitter @PseudoTV_Live, Tweet me with your XBMC forum name and one of the three contest types for your chance to win!!

Contest types:

1 - Feedback Contest - Tell me what you like best about PseudoTV Live, and why. (Four random users selected).

2 - Artwork Contest - Looking to revamp my icon and fanart. Create a pair (Icon and Fanart). (Best one wins!).

3 - PTVL Skinning Contest - Create an original* skin or convert a preexisting "PseudoTV" skin for use with PseudoTV Live. (All valid entries win!).
*Original = Not a modification of preexisting skins, but original concept and textures. I retain finale say on what is considered a valid skin.

All entries must be made on twitter, one entry per user. Drawing is on July 14th! for the 1YR Anniversary...

BUMP!

::Update::

Autotune Super Favorites might be available for testing tomorrow...
You can get Super Favorites Here, and Support Here, be sure to thank spoyser for his great plugins! Buy him a biscuit?

Looks like Super Favorites is missing from the repo, along with script.trakt.tv, script.tv.show.next.aired, script.artwork.downloader. I'm getting a 404 Not Found. Anyone else having this problem?
Ok so what's actually happening is PTVL is showing the correct listings and show times… but USTVnow is running three hours ahead. So my time is off but not because of PTVL.

Can I fix this?
Two things I've noticed since the update...the channel numbers seem to always be blue no matter what option I select or what skin I use. Also the channel bug is always the grey pseudotv icon. Is there any way to make it display the channel names like it always used to?
Nice work guys! This has really become quite feature rich. All of my wildest dreams are coming the now Smile I'm gonna take a look at the latest as soon as we get home from vacation.
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

(2014-05-09, 17:58)angrycamel Wrote: Nice work guys! This has really become quite feature rich. All of my wildest dreams are coming the now Smile I'm gonna take a look at the latest as soon as we get home from vacation.

@angrycamel thanks for checking in!
@Lunatixz - I have some files to send you. How would you like to receive them?

Files in reference to : fios skin & post 2 and sickbeard integration. all credit to @angrycamel
  • 262(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45