• 31(current)
Release reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
(2014-05-14, 12:40)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 02:04)loggio Wrote: Channel numbers should possibly take center.... although, i use free to air tv and only have about 18 channels, so i never even take notice of the channel number, the only thing i take notice of is the logo, program info, start and finish times and what's on next. channel names and numbers i could happy hide away never to be seen again. You'll find mixed feelings about this however, which is why i suggest maybe a toggle.

(2014-05-14, 08:58)schumi2004 Wrote: Something like replace with channel number if no logo is available?

I'll note these down for the Helix version, including the higher osd channels window. Cheers
It's actually easy (after i figured it out) to fix if you want, only changed line 8 to 20 line 14 to 680 and line 42 to 565 in DialogPVRChannelsOSD.xml
/edit
Maybe the same can be done for Channel guide?

(2014-05-14, 12:40)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 08:58)schumi2004 Wrote: Are you aware that Addons submenu item Music doesn't display addons?
I am now Tongue Will look into it, thanks.
NP, Thanks Wink
will there be updates to the repo addon, or does it update automatically?
The skin and the repo add-on will both update automatically although I don't expect many updates to the repo add-on itself will be needed.

Skin updates through the repo add-on will be limited to milestone releases and important updates though, not every commit will be pushed through the add-on. It's really meant as a stable releases channel.
(2014-05-09, 10:24)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 02:23)mortstar Wrote: The Auto-Update, Notifications and Hide Foreign toggles do not change to show when they are enabled.
That's strange. Do you mean they never toggle visually at all, or do the toggles not reflect their true setting? I suspect you mean the former, but it's not something I can reproduce.

Coming back to this; the error I was seeing was that although the toggles were sending through the toggle-setting to XBMC and were changing visually when I clicked on them. They were always showing as disable (whatever the actual state of the setting) when entering the addonbrowser window. This meant I couldn't tell if the setting was actually enabled or disabled and what my toggling of my setting was doing. I checked and this doesn't happen in Confluence.

I've changed the id's of the radiobuttons to match the system ids (and removed the sendclicks) and it is now working for me as it should.
(2014-05-15, 01:38)mortstar Wrote: Coming back to this; the error I was seeing was that although the toggles were sending through the toggle-setting to XBMC and were changing visually when I clicked on them. They were always showing as disable (whatever the actual state of the setting) when entering the addonbrowser window. This meant I couldn't tell if the setting was actually enabled or disabled and what my toggling of my setting was doing. I checked and this doesn't happen in Confluence.

I've changed the id's of the radiobuttons to match the system ids (and removed the sendclicks) and it is now working for me as it should.

In the options menu I am using SendClicks combined with my own ID numbering because I want to have the options in a specific order, and I'm also putting custom controls in between them. Using the default ID's screwed up the navigation in several places (as the ID numbering could go numbers up, and down, and up again, etc.
The add-ons options menu is one of the simple ones, maybe using the default ID's there will not cause any navigation issues.

I don't get why I can't reproduce the behaviour though. To me it seems it would be an XBMC issue, as it definitely should work.
(2014-05-14, 14:09)Jeroen Wrote: Respository add-on available for testing

I have uploaded a repository add-on containing a compiled build of reFocus. Installing reFocus through this add-on will currently not overwrite your existing install of reFocus. As this is purely meant to test the repository add-on it will install a test build of reFocus with version number: 1.1.0-repotest.

This build is using a compressed textures file, so it should provide much better performance on low powered devices like the Raspberry Pi compared to the uncompiled version on Github.

If you haven't read or missed this post please read it, as at some point future updates provided through the add-on will overwrite your existing install of reFocus, if you do not take action.

Download repository add-on

P.S: if nothing shows up after you installed and opened the repo add-on, please close and restart XBMC or refresh.
Such a great news for pi users Big Grin
Can anyone tell me how to change settings level in reFocus from Standard to Expert?
Can't seem to find it.
(2014-05-15, 08:49)Jeroen Wrote: In the options menu I am using SendClicks combined with my own ID numbering because I want to have the options in a specific order, and I'm also putting custom controls in between them. Using the default ID's screwed up the navigation in several places (as the ID numbering could go numbers up, and down, and up again, etc.
The add-ons options menu is one of the simple ones, maybe using the default ID's there will not cause any navigation issues.

I don't get why I can't reproduce the behaviour though. To me it seems it would be an XBMC issue, as it definitely should work.

I didn't do really thorough testing of the menu navigation after making the changes, but I will check again this evening when I get back home from work to see if it works as it should. It is strange that there is different behaviour across platforms, I'm using OpenELEC 4.0.1, so the Linux version of XBMC and from your screenshots I assume you're using Mac.

Definitely seems like it is an XBMC issue as it is a problem with the hardcoded id's. It would be useful if other people using the skin can see if they can reproduce this problem or not (and if you do reply here with the version of XBMC you are using and on what system).
(2014-05-15, 09:49)schumi2004 Wrote: Can anyone tell me how to change settings level in reFocus from Standard to Expert?
Can't seem to find it.

That's because it's not there Tongue

To be honest I think the settings level feature is a bad approach, it adds more complexity than it takes away imo. And as I have no desire to dumb down my settings level I have refrained from implementing it, and reFocus assumes expert mode to begin with. But I guess this causes trouble when one changes the settings level in another skin and then switches (back) to reFocus.

I guess there's no escape from implementing it. I don't like what it means for the navigation though (another "press left to go down" mystery button). Oh well...

(2014-05-15, 09:52)mortstar Wrote: I didn't do really thorough testing of the menu navigation after making the changes, but I will check again this evening when I get back home from work to see if it works as it should. It is strange that there is different behaviour across platforms, I'm using OpenELEC 4.0.1, so the Linux version of XBMC and from your screenshots I assume you're using Mac.

I'm using a Mac as my work / dev machine, but using OpenElec on my actual HTPC and on my Pi. So I doubt it's something platform specific though. But the issues I encountered before were in the video and music library windows I believe. Maybe there's no issues in the add-on browser. I'll change the ID's here too and do some testing on all machines.
(2014-05-14, 16:05)Namekkural Wrote: will there be updates to the repo addon, or does it update automatically?

(2014-05-14, 17:37)Jeroen Wrote: The skin and the repo add-on will both update automatically although I don't expect many updates to the repo add-on itself will be needed.

Yet here I am with the first manual update already Tongue

Seriously, this will only be needed once.

I decided to move my repository from Google Code to Github (the repository add-on was already hosted on Github, but the backend was still on Google Code) so I can have everything in one place and have a more efficient workflow.

The previously announced repository add-on is deprecated and will not receive updates.

Please get the new add-on here:

xbmc.repo.jeroen

I also added the Watchlist add-on to the repository, with permission from Unfledged. You will not see it listed in the add-on browser, but it is on my repository ready to be installed automatically if you don't have it yet. Now that the Library Data Provider add-on is available on the official XBMC repository this means that all required add-ons should now be installed and updated automatically. No more downloading zips (well, apart from the repo add-on of course Tongue)

Thanks to mortstar for helping me set it up.
(2014-05-15, 09:57)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-05-15, 09:49)schumi2004 Wrote: Can anyone tell me how to change settings level in reFocus from Standard to Expert?
Can't seem to find it.

That's because it's not there Tongue

To be honest I think the settings level feature is a bad approach, it adds more complexity than it takes away imo. And as I have no desire to dumb down my settings level I have refrained from implementing it, and reFocus assumes expert mode to begin with. But I guess this causes trouble when one changes the settings level in another skin and then switches (back) to reFocus.

I guess there's no escape from implementing it. I don't like what it means for the navigation though (another "press left to go down" mystery button). Oh well...
Ok, thanks for explaining.
No need to add it for me btw, was just wondering were it was.
No, but having to switch to a different skin to change the settings level just isn't acceptable either. So i will be adding it anyway.

But it's just plain weird that the settings level button is only accessible in the category pages and not the main settings screen even though the settings level is global and not per category :S

edit:

I think this will be the way I'll choose to implement it:

A bit overkill to have an entire sidebar for just one option, but it beats having the button just floating in the bottom left I think. And it sort of is like a viewtype selector so I think it kind of makes sense this way.

Also, the now playing button info will appear there too when something's playing so it'll be less empty then Wink
@Jeroen
Small suggestion.
Would it be possible to have a toggle function for upcoming pvr recording notification top right main screen?
I know i asked for it but now weather icon is missing.
If you don't, no problem Wink
(2014-05-15, 14:23)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-05-14, 16:05)Namekkural Wrote: will there be updates to the repo addon, or does it update automatically?

(2014-05-14, 17:37)Jeroen Wrote: The skin and the repo add-on will both update automatically although I don't expect many updates to the repo add-on itself will be needed.

Yet here I am with the first manual update already Tongue

Seriously, this will only be needed once.

I decided to move my repository from Google Code to Github (the repository add-on was already hosted on Github, but the backend was still on Google Code) so I can have everything in one place and have a more efficient workflow.

The previously announced repository add-on is deprecated and will not receive updates.

Please get the new add-on here:

xbmc.repo.jeroen

I also added the Watchlist add-on to the repository, with permission from Unfledged. You will not see it listed in the add-on browser, but it is on my repository ready to be installed automatically if you don't have it yet. Now that the Library Data Provider add-on is available on the official XBMC repository this means that all required add-ons should now be installed and updated automatically. No more downloading zips (well, apart from the repo add-on of course Tongue)

Thanks to mortstar for helping me set it up.

So that repo gets the master source from github? So not compiled anymore. I wonder if we could automate some kind of "compiled release". Something like daily recompiling if there was changes to github, then publishing. I am thinking ...

EDIT: i was wrong (and dumb), i didn't look at the right repo.... But i wonder still, do you auto-build the skin?
(2014-05-15, 18:46)schumi2004 Wrote: @Jeroen
Small suggestion.
Would it be possible to have a toggle function for upcoming pvr recording notification top right main screen?
I know i asked for it but now weather icon is missing.
If you don't, no problem Wink

I'd be willing to provide a toggle, but in tv settings->recording there is also a setting "Display a notification of timer updates". I guess that also controls notifications? If that already does (or should) control the timer notifications I would want to use that setting. But setting timers is one of the things I cannot simulate in the pvr demo add-on. So if you could check what that setting does when using Confluence?

(2014-05-15, 18:56)carmenm Wrote: So that repo gets the master source from github? So not compiled anymore. I wonder if we could automate some kind of "compiled release". Something like daily recompiling if there was changes to github, then publishing. I am thinking ...

No no, it is still compiled. I'm just hosting using git as the backend now instead of Google Code's SVN.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)14