• 353(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2014-07-11, 02:12)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-11, 01:33)wiz561 Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 19:38)Lunatixz Wrote: Another thing to note is my system runs a mix of ram disk and SSD. I've tweaked the hell out of my htpc.

Going through some logs, it looks like it's hitting a sqlite database somewhere, even though all my shows and library is stored in a mysql database and configured as such in advancedsettings.xml. I moved the xml file from mc2xml to a ram disk, but that didn't really do much for speed.

My questions are:

- If pseudotv is using a sqlite database, where is that db located on the filesystem?
- What does pseudotv write to? A sqlite database? Just the cache directory in ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live ?

Thanks!

PseudoTV Live doesn't use Sqlite or any db for that matter... what are you trying to discover?

My thinking is, if I can put the sqlite database up on the ramdisk along with the mc2xml files, it would speed things up significantly, if it is an I/O issue.
(2014-07-11, 02:18)wiz561 Wrote:
(2014-07-11, 02:12)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-11, 01:33)wiz561 Wrote: Going through some logs, it looks like it's hitting a sqlite database somewhere, even though all my shows and library is stored in a mysql database and configured as such in advancedsettings.xml. I moved the xml file from mc2xml to a ram disk, but that didn't really do much for speed.

My questions are:

- If pseudotv is using a sqlite database, where is that db located on the filesystem?
- What does pseudotv write to? A sqlite database? Just the cache directory in ~/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live ?

Thanks!

PseudoTV Live doesn't use Sqlite or any db for that matter... what are you trying to discover?

My thinking is, if I can put the sqlite database up on the ramdisk along with the mc2xml files, it would speed things up significantly, if it is an I/O issue.

The idea of a database on ramdisk is silly... same with xmltv file.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Here's a feature suggestion. It's probably been mentioned before but I thought I would throw it out there.
I would like to see a "Super" YouTube channel type. It would be nice to combine the content from several YouTube channels, playlists etc into a single channel.

Here is how it might work.

Code:
<setting id="Channel_#_type" value="60" />
<setting id="Channel_#_1" value="Some HD Documentary Channel" />
<setting id="Channel_#_1_2" value="Some Other HD Documentary Channel" />
<setting id="Channel_#_1_3" value="Some Awesome Playlist" />
<setting id="Channel_#_1_4" value="Some great subscription" />
<setting id="Channel_#_2" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_3" value="#" />
<setting id="Channel_#_4" value="0" />
<setting id="Channel_#_changed" value="True" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_opt_1" value="Some really great consolidated channel" />

The idea is pretty straight forward, you basically shuffle the content from several sources into a single channel on the EPG. If something like this turns out to be feasible it might be possible to create a hybrid channel type that shuffles content not only from YouTube but other sources as well. Imagine a channel that shuffles content from RSS feeds, playlists and local media into single unified channel.

Just a thought.
(2014-07-10, 14:29)Tarkules Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 13:27)kristina27 Wrote: Quick question, Do the Bumpers need to be in a specific file format. I know the one I recieved through donor options are avi. I have some mp4 bumpers and I just can't seem to get them to work even with channel resets.

No problems with avi, mp4 or mkv formats.But FLV are not loading for some reason.
Just make sure the Channel Name matches the bumpers directory, e.g:

Fox channel: ...\Bumpers\Fox

That's good to know. But a couple of the channels I created are not finding the bumpers. I made the Cloo channel with in the channel configuration window using TV genre, Crime and renaming the channel to Cloo. It found the logo I made just fine in the logo folder but does not load any of the bumpers for that channel that I have in the Cloo folder with in the Bumpers folder I have designated. Nor is it loading the Chiller bumpers. I made the Chiller channel the same way through the Channel configuation window within the Pseudotv Live set up.
(2014-07-11, 02:54)Marshall Wrote: Here's a feature suggestion. It's probably been mentioned before but I thought I would throw it out there.
I would like to see a "Super" YouTube channel type. It would be nice to combine the content from several YouTube channels, playlists etc into a single channel.

Code:
<setting id="Channel_#_rule_1_opt_1" value="Some really great consolidated channel" />

The idea is pretty straight forward, you basically shuffle the content from several sources into a single channel on the EPG. If something like this turns out to be feasible it might be possible to create a hybrid channel type that shuffles content not only from YouTube but other sources as well. Imagine a channel that shuffles content from RSS feeds, playlists and local media into single unified channel.

Just a thought.

it's called Youtube community network... and no one contributes to it...
(2014-07-11, 02:58)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-11, 02:54)Marshall Wrote: Here's a feature suggestion. It's probably been mentioned before but I thought I would throw it out there.

Code:

Just a thought.

I took a quick look around and couldn't find it. Could you give me a link?
(2014-07-11, 03:20)Marshall Wrote:

Code:

Just a thought.

Post 1
(2014-07-11, 03:20)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-11, 03:20)Marshall Wrote:
(2014-07-11, 02:58)Lunatixz Wrote: it's called Youtube community network... and no one contributes to it...

Post 1

I thought that might be what you were talking about. Is there a way to use a local xml file? I assume that selecting those program options causes the program to go out and grab the info from the files that nobody is contributing to lol. Honestly, I'm amazed that more people aren't all over this program. PSTL is the most important app on XBMC. With it you have your own personalized virtual Cable/Satellite company and without it you're just running another media player.

But then again its like the old DSS scene... 99% of the people only showed up right after an ECM screaming for fixes and they vanished the second things were working again.
(2014-07-11, 03:33)Marshall Wrote:
(2014-07-11, 03:20)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-11, 03:20)Marshall Wrote: I took a quick look around and couldn't find it. Could you give me a link?

Post 1

I thought that might be what you were talking about. Is there a way to use a local xml file? I assume that selecting those program options causes the program to go out and grab the info from the files that nobody is contributing to lol. Honestly, I'm amazed that more people aren't all over this program. PSTL is the most important app on XBMC. With it you have your own personalized virtual Cable/Satellite company and without it you're just running another media player.

But then again its like the old DSS scene... 99% of the people only showed up right after an ECM screaming for fixes and they vanished the second things were working again.

No local, if you have a channel idea add it to the community list, that's what it there for...
Yeah, my auto update has the exact same behavior as previous poster. Won't grab 0.4.7 no matter what. I've done the proper steps and have the latest zip. Uninstalled and reinstalled a few times now.
Hi Luna,

It turns out the family and I won't have to fly over to the US to come and watch TV at your house...LOL
But seriously, I finally got to the bottom of my PTVL problem. You were indeed right and the problem was on on my end. One of my 2 TB drives had bad sectors and was about to die. I replaced it with a new 4TB drive and now finally everything is running zippy fast!!

I can finally enjoy PTVL properly. Thanks for your help and patience. I just donated again to show my appreciation Blush

Code:

Just a thought.

Shenanigans
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
ive been doing a lot of reading still trying to work it all out any videos on setup would be great ... cant find any
(2014-07-11, 12:26)bry- Wrote:

Code:

Just a thought.

Shenanigans

Correction, I should have said it started out strong, but has since died out...
(2014-07-11, 02:57)kristina27 Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 14:29)Tarkules Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 13:27)kristina27 Wrote: Quick question, Do the Bumpers need to be in a specific file format. I know the one I recieved through donor options are avi. I have some mp4 bumpers and I just can't seem to get them to work even with channel resets.

No problems with avi, mp4 or mkv formats.But FLV are not loading for some reason.
Just make sure the Channel Name matches the bumpers directory, e.g:

Fox channel: ...\Bumpers\Fox

That's good to know. But a couple of the channels I created are not finding the bumpers. I made the Cloo channel with in the channel configuration window using TV genre, Crime and renaming the channel to Cloo. It found the logo I made just fine in the logo folder but does not load any of the bumpers for that channel that I have in the Cloo folder with in the Bumpers folder I have designated. Nor is it loading the Chiller bumpers. I made the Chiller channel the same way through the Channel configuation window within the Pseudotv Live set up.

hey.
it seems that some of my files are screwing my channels., i have a show that the file type is .flv

as i said before to luna, if they are scraped (and it plays just fine in XBMC), the channels will just freeze while populating.
the show is a tv show but the channels that will freeze are movie channels.
it seems that the file type is causing other channels to have problems accessing the database.

do you know about any file types that can cause issues?
  • 353(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45