• 405(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Half of my channels are missing from pseudotv live and also still cant get super favouite working and i went back to Gotham to see if that was the reason why super favourite wasnt working. Here is my log:

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=290182
Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=290183
(2014-09-10, 19:17)alibaba011 Wrote:
(2014-09-10, 01:01)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm looking for some help... only skill you need is patience Smile

There is a list over at the community list labeled InternetTV.xml it needs to be put into the proper format, you will see a few examples then a messy list under the examples, can some format everything for me?

If you are not a member send me your gmail and I will add you to the contribution list.

Thanks

Hi here is the formatted list that you wanted:

Also, I think its much easier to make the settings2.xml from the community list format than manually editing the settings2.xml. I also think instead of ch_type number, we can use word like internetTV, youtubeuser,youtubechannel.

As a trial, i tried to create settings2.xml from python script using xml minidom. But whatever channel i create for pseudoTv using this script, it's just ignore that channel, feels like that channel dont exist. Here is the script i run from the python to get the setttings2.xml.

I would like to know what type of library ( ET or xml.minidom) you use to create the settings2.xml from community list. Is there any specific encoding i have to use? I tried encoding utf-8.

Ultimately, what i want is to make livestream xml or m3u file to be read by the script and give me the pseudotv settings2.xml.
Thanks for your great works

Hey thanks...

I got the file, can you remove the links from your post to comply with forum rules Smile

I was interested in adding the ability to add directly from livestream playlists... but almost all of the link are always dead... making it pointless. Plus the lists are way too big, with too many duplicates...

You can think of the community list as the "Best of" the livestream list, Some time in the future i'll add more lists (that is if users start contributing to the list Wink ). Users can take the working long lasting links and add them... but of course this isn't available yet and will only be available via the "Hub" version of this plugin.

As for setting2 format, I absolutely won't be changing it... When this project is finished you won't even know what a setting2.xml is... we are only manually editing it now because we are still in beta and I didn't finish the android/window companion tool.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-09-10, 19:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-10, 18:46)robbyyyyyy Wrote: This is a great add-on and I would like to contribute my time. I noticed that the first post could use a face lift, in terms of tone and layout. Mainly I wanted users to understand what the add-on is, how to install it, and ask for help properly. Currently I feel that starting the add-on forum with STOP!!! is off-putting, although it helps weed out those less capable, this add-on doesn't have to be immensely complicated.

I took a shot at some of the information and rearranged it. If people like this tone and style i'll continue to edit, if not then I'll let it be. While it may look similar I think this offers a better starting point then the current post... my two cents.

Any help is appreciated, I'll take all changes into advisement... btw Theres a negative tone to the post?

In my job, being factual and technical can sometimes come off as unfriendly, especially when it is written instead of spoken. Plus I wanted to weed out some XBMC jargon that many experienced members use, and try to offer another voice to the layman.

Knowing that you will take these edits with some consideration, I'll edit other area's I feel are appropriate.
(2014-09-10, 19:46)robbyyyyyy Wrote:
(2014-09-10, 19:15)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-10, 18:46)robbyyyyyy Wrote: This is a great add-on and I would like to contribute my time. I noticed that the first post could use a face lift, in terms of tone and layout. Mainly I wanted users to understand what the add-on is, how to install it, and ask for help properly. Currently I feel that starting the add-on forum with STOP!!! is off-putting, although it helps weed out those less capable, this add-on doesn't have to be immensely complicated.

I took a shot at some of the information and rearranged it. If people like this tone and style i'll continue to edit, if not then I'll let it be. While it may look similar I think this offers a better starting point then the current post... my two cents.

Any help is appreciated, I'll take all changes into advisement... btw Theres a negative tone to the post?

In my job, being factual and technical can sometimes come off as unfriendly, especially when it is written instead of spoken. Plus I wanted to weed out some XBMC jargon that many experienced members use, and try to offer another voice to the layman.

Knowing that you will take these edits with some consideration, I'll edit other area's I feel are appropriate.

I don't mind softening the language a little, but I also don't want to dumb things down to much. Info is here as tech notes... meant to be read by users who understand... anyone can write a noob guide, but my three posts are here to inform Smile
@Lunatixz, I'm still having lag problems with my epg. log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0aagputua9ejedj/xbmc.log?dl=0
(2014-09-10, 21:31)bigsteel99 Wrote: @Lunatixz, I'm still having lag problems with my epg. log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0aagputua9ejedj/xbmc.log?dl=0

Did you install latest development? EPG problem was resolved... Code is virtual identical to prior Build's.

Thanks for log but it's not needed for lag issues.
(2014-09-10, 21:34)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-10, 21:31)bigsteel99 Wrote: @Lunatixz, I'm still having lag problems with my epg. log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0aagputua9ejedj/xbmc.log?dl=0

Did you install latest development? EPG problem was resolved... Code is virtual identical to prior Build's.

Thanks for log but it's not needed for lag issues.

Yeah
Lunatixz, just a thought, it possible that some of my issues could be related to using the latest version of kodi Helix alpha 3 because I am unable to open the channel configuration, activate Donor features or activate the video window patcher
(2014-09-10, 22:05)bigsteel99 Wrote: Lunatixz, just a thought, it possible that some of my issues could be related to using the latest version of kodi Helix alpha 3 because I am unable to open the channel configuration, activate Donor features or activate the video window patcher

I'm not sure I won't be offering support for Helix until its in final beta.
(2014-09-10, 19:45)Lunatixz Wrote: [quote='alibaba011' pid='1791521' dateline='1410369438']
[quote='Lunatixz' pid='1791081' dateline='1410303672']
I'm looking for some help... only skill you need is patience Smile

As for setting2 format, I absolutely won't be changing it... When this project is finished you won't even know what a setting2.xml is... we are only manually editing it now because we are still in beta and I didn't finish the android/window companion tool.

Thanks for the explanation. So, in the future, there wont be any settings2.xml. That would greatly simplify everything. I am looking forward to that. Good job
::Update::

Found out why USTVnow isn't working, My quota for file sharing has been met. What am I sharing? the XMLTV for ustvnow
I need to find an alternative means of sharing the xmltv data, till then ustvnow will not be available (Unless you provide your own XMLTV file).
I am currently watching it

(2014-09-11, 01:50)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::

Found out why USTVnow isn't working, My quota for file sharing has been met. What am I sharing? the XMLTV for ustvnow
I need to find an alternative means of sharing the xmltv data, till then ustvnow will not be available (Unless you provide your own XMLTV file).
I am watching ustv right now on ptvl
(2014-09-11, 01:52)lozad Wrote: I am currently watching it

Yeah your using the fail safe URL, I supply two. A main and backup.. Its only a matter of time before backup goes down.
Confused
(2014-09-11, 02:16)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-09-11, 01:52)lozad Wrote: I am currently watching it

Yeah your using the fail safe URL, I supply two. A main and backup.. Its only a matter of time before backup goes down.
What is the issue exactly? Maybe I can find a way to help.
  • 405(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45