• 445(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Any user having issues running the stable build, download the development branch... it includes all the latest fixes and tweaks.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Lunatixz Either the development branch still has some bugs or I must be doing something wrong. Starting a few days ago, ustvnow channels would always show "listing unavailable" so last night I downloaded the latest zip from github and reinstalled. I've cleared all caches, set autotune to add only ustvnow and force a channel reset. PTVL apparently starts without problem (channels are added, xmltv is downloaded) and the channel itself works fine but there's no EPG. As stevedawg85 mentioned, the blank guide is stuck on the screen, with a message "Loading Channel..." that I cannot cancel out of it.

Thanks for your help.
(2014-10-13, 19:19)Sheik Wrote: @Lunatixz Either the development branch still has some bugs or I must be doing something wrong. Starting a few days ago, ustvnow channels would always show "listing unavailable" so last night I downloaded the latest zip from github and reinstalled. I've cleared all caches, set autotune to add only ustvnow and force a channel reset. PTVL apparently starts without problem (channels are added, xmltv is downloaded) and the channel itself works fine but there's no EPG. As stevedawg85 mentioned, the blank guide is stuck on the screen, with a message "Loading Channel..." that I cannot cancel out of it.

Thanks for your help.

Log?
Is there any way to randomize the TV Shows in smart playlists?

As it is now my channels only play episodes of the same TV Show back to back.
(2014-10-13, 19:21)Majusbeh Wrote: Is there any way to randomize the TV Shows in smart playlists?

Read milkman's guide to PseudoTV
(2014-10-13, 19:21)Majusbeh Wrote: Is there any way to randomize the TV Shows in smart playlists?

Use PseudoTV Live Manager and choose force random for that channel.
(2014-10-13, 20:17)Chadman Wrote:

Use PseudoTV Live Manager and choose force random for that channel.

Thanks for the tip!
I did something different though, I didn't realize you could choose random ordering in the smart playlist itself. But choosing "random" in the ordering field fixed my problem. Thanks though.
(2014-10-13, 19:20)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 19:19)Sheik Wrote: @Lunatixz Either the development branch still has some bugs or I must be doing something wrong. Starting a few days ago, ustvnow channels would always show "listing unavailable" so last night I downloaded the latest zip from github and reinstalled. I've cleared all caches, set autotune to add only ustvnow and force a channel reset. PTVL apparently starts without problem (channels are added, xmltv is downloaded) and the channel itself works fine but there's no EPG. As stevedawg85 mentioned, the blank guide is stuck on the screen, with a message "Loading Channel..." that I cannot cancel out of it.

Thanks for your help.

Log?

Sorry, xbmclogs.com was down so I was unable to upload it. Here you go: http://pastebin.com/Q0UEjQjX

I'm getting a bunch of "Unable to get semaphore". Could that explain this behaviour?
(2014-10-13, 22:23)Sheik Wrote:
(2014-10-13, 19:20)Lunatixz Wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Log?

Sorry, xbmclogs.com was down so I was unable to upload it. Here you go: http://pastebin.com/Q0UEjQjX

I'm getting a bunch of "Unable to get semaphore". Could that explain this behaviour?

I don't' currently support custom XBMC builds like SPMC, stick with official...
Lunatixz I hope you get this as all other methods I tried failed I have donated through paypal and yet I have received no word from you regarding my username pass to explore this gr8 addon I see going places and ranks I know you are a busy guy with lots of things to do please do me this favour and I will buy you another shot Wink)

Regards
1c0n
Edit
Hey Luna, possible bug (that you may be aware of). When autotuning, if a plugin fails (script failure), it messes up the pluginwalk process. For this example, Say I have folders A, B, & C. Folder A has 3 "more" links within it, so it parses recursively down 3 layers/pages. When it reaches the end of that one, it starts on folder B. Folder B has 3 "more" links within it, also. But in one of my plugins, the 2nd "more" link results in a script failure on the plugin's side (not PTVL's end). So when the pluginwalk tries to go down one page, the video plugin hits an error and, instead of moving on to folder C, the pluginwalk process starts back at the beginning. Infinite loop.

In my *particular* instance, the walk goes as such:
Folder A
-Subfolder A START PARSING HERE, GOES DOWN 3 PAGES
-Subfolder B CONTINUES PARSING HERE
-Subfolder C FAILURE WITHIN THIS SUBFOLDER...SENDING THE PROCESS ALL THE WAY UP TO FOLDER A
Folder B
-Subfolder A
-Subfolder B
-Subfolder C

So it starts in a subfolder (as it should), but when it hits the error, it goes back to the primary folder. It's weird. I can shoot you the exact plugin and whatnot if you'd like more details.
(2014-10-14, 16:19)Crispybishop Wrote: Hey Luna, possible bug (that you may be aware of). When autotuning, if a plugin fails (script failure), it messes up the pluginwalk process. For this example, Say I have folders A, B, & C. Folder A has 3 "more" links within it, so it parses recursively down 3 layers/pages. When it reaches the end of that one, it starts on folder B. Folder B has 3 "more" links within it, also. But in one of my plugins, the 2nd "more" link results in a script failure on the plugin's side (not PTVL's end). So when the pluginwalk tries to go down one page, the video plugin hits an error and, instead of moving on to folder C, the pluginwalk process starts back at the beginning. Infinite loop.

In my *particular* instance, the walk goes as such:
Folder A
-Subfolder A START PARSING HERE, GOES DOWN 3 PAGES
-Subfolder B CONTINUES PARSING HERE
-Subfolder C FAILURE WITHIN THIS SUBFOLDER...SENDING THE PROCESS ALL THE WAY UP TO FOLDER A
Folder B
-Subfolder A
-Subfolder B
-Subfolder C

So it starts in a subfolder (as it should), but when it hits the error, it goes back to the primary folder. It's weird. I can shoot you the exact plugin and whatnot if you'd like more details.

Pm me with the exact plugin and configuration that results in a loop. I'll check it out.

Also you should know... As mentioned in my direct plugin guide. This wasn't designed to parse a entire plugin. It sounds like you are staring to low.

Change your configuration to a more specific directory higher up the directory chain.
(2014-10-14, 15:33)1c0n Wrote: Lunatixz I hope you get this as all other methods I tried failed I have donated through paypal and yet I have received no word from you regarding my username pass to explore this gr8 addon I see going places and ranks I know you are a busy guy with lots of things to do please do me this favour and I will buy you another shot Wink)

Regards
1c0n

+1
(2014-06-21, 00:00)Rockr Wrote: I'm trying to make a channel of locally saved music videos, so I added them to a smart playlist, however, PseudoTV does not scrape these into a channel even though I can play the playlistjsut fine. For now i'm using a directory channel however that puts all the songs in order alphabetically. is there anyway to fix this? or am I doomed to listen to 6 Katy Perry songs in a row?

Did you have any luck with this? I'm having the same issue. All my music videos play fine if I add them to PTV as a Directory, but if I create local .nfo files and scrape them into my database and add them to a smart playlist the channel won't show up. The playlist shows and plays the music videos fine in xbmc though, it just won't populate as a channel.

EDIT: This is the error in my xbmc log (200 is my music videos channel)

ERROR: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel 200
  • 445(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45