• 20(current)
Release script.extendedinfo
(2014-10-29, 02:35)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-10-29, 01:14)woodside Wrote: Is there any way to make items without thumbs to be not included in a dynamic list.?
For example... using this content tag to get a list of albums, sometimes there are one or two without thumbs.
If possible I don't want to include them in the list contents if they don't have thumbs. Thanks Phil.

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=discography&amp;&amp;artistname=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)]</content> 

In theory yes, but I won´t implement an option for that, sorry.

No problem... I just thought it might be easy to do and I just wasn't gettin' it. Wink
It is pretty easy to do, but I don´t want to clutter the script with too many options. Priority for now is to get this script into the official repository.
I already now have problems documenting all the script calls which is needed to achieve that. Wink (almost 100 different actions already now I think)

If this feature is important for you I could tell you what to change though. Just drop me a PM in that case.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2014-10-21, 03:49)boerkeboel Wrote: Indeed cw-kid,I also noticed that the recent version won't work on mq5...

After instaling this older version, that has just recently been put back online the script works like a charm!

It's sad that phill takes time to update this script when the most popular skin does'nt suport the most recent version... Sad even when the skin itself says 'script extended info needed',

You mentioned that you had found an older version of the script that still works with MQ5. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction. I'm currently using MQ5 and it definitely does not appear to be working right on my primary system. It would be great if the skin was updated but until that day I guess we have to use an older version of the script to get most of the features.
Hi Phil, a quick heads up... extended info script either kicks out an error or doesn't recognize artists with any kind of special characters when running info=artistdetails.

Crosby, Stills, & Nash (sees the artist as "Crosby" ignoring anything after ",")
Sinéad O'Connor
Guns N' Roses
Mötley Crüe
The B52's
The O'Jays
Howlin' Wolf

All of these artists that have either a comma, apostrophe, or any kind of special characters, either fail with a script error or the script runs on them but doesn't return anything and is silent with no error.

"Crosby, Stills, & Nash" and "Guns N' Roses" seems to work ok when it is generated from DialogAlbumInfo using context menu. The only difference I see is that it is ran using $INFO[ListItem.Artist]...Huh I don't know why it works okay from that dialog but fails on other script runs.

PHP Code:
RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=artistdetails,artistname=$INFO[ListItem.Artist],silent=False

Works for "Crosby, Stills & Nash" and "Guns N' Roses" but not for "Sinéad O'Connor".

when using...

PHP Code:
RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=artistdetails,artistname$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)],silent=False)
RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=artistdetails,artistname=$INFO[Container(50).ListItem.Property(Headliner)],silent=False

All artists above fail with either a script error or nothing returned when running the script using the 2 ways just above.
I tried using $ESCINFO but that doesn't seem to work for anything anymore either. Thanks.
Maybe this is related...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1799533
(2014-10-30, 16:58)nessus Wrote: Maybe this is related...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1799533

That seems to take care of the "&" problem when using a content path for things returned to a list, but not for any other special characters when using RunScript for Artist Details (Biography and such) that don't return a list.
Yeah, it's probably all related somehow or another.
(2014-10-30, 16:32)woodside Wrote: Hi Phil, a quick heads up... extended info script either kicks out an error or doesn't recognize artists with any kind of special characters when running info=artistdetails.

Crosby, Stills, & Nash (sees the artist as "Crosby" ignoring anything after ",")
Sinéad O'Connor
Guns N' Roses
Mötley Crüe
The B52's
The O'Jays
Howlin' Wolf

All of these artists that have either a comma, apostrophe, or any kind of special characters, either fail with a script error or the script runs on them but doesn't return anything and is silent with no error.

"Crosby, Stills, & Nash" and "Guns N' Roses" seems to work ok when it is generated from DialogAlbumInfo using context menu. The only difference I see is that it is ran using $INFO[ListItem.Artist]...Huh I don't know why it works okay from that dialog but fails on other script runs.

PHP Code:
RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=artistdetails,artistname=$INFO[ListItem.Artist],silent=False

Works for "Crosby, Stills & Nash" and "Guns N' Roses" but not for "Sinéad O'Connor".

when using...

PHP Code:
RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=artistdetails,artistname$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)],silent=False)
RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=artistdetails,artistname=$INFO[Container(50).ListItem.Property(Headliner)],silent=False

All artists above fail with either a script error or nothing returned when running the script using the 2 ways just above.
I tried using $ESCINFO but that doesn't seem to work for anything anymore either. Thanks.

the debug log should show if the script gets the correct parameters. could you check that?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2014-10-30, 17:52)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-10-30, 16:32)woodside Wrote: Hi Phil, a quick heads up... extended info script either kicks out an error or doesn't recognize artists with any kind of special characters when running info=artistdetails.

Sinéad O'Connor
Guns N' Roses
Mötley Crüe
The B52's
The O'Jays
Howlin' Wolf

PHP Code:

when using...

PHP Code:

the debug log should show if the script gets the correct parameters. could you check that?

Mötley Crüe

PHP Code:
09:00:49 T:3188   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoinfo=artistdetails
:00:49 T:3188   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoartistname=Mötley Crüe
:00:49 T:3188   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoloaded textfile C:\UsersWoodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.extendedinfo/d204ca167a257993b3e90e4e4776028d.txt
:00:49 T:3188   ERROREXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - 
NOTEIGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>

Error Contents'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 21: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 581, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 40, in __init__
                                                self._parse_argv()
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 510, in _parse_argv
                                                self.Artist_mbid = GetMusicBrainzIdFromNet(self.ArtistName)
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\Utils.py", line 480, in GetMusicBrainzIdFromNet
                                                log("found artist id for " + artist + ": " + mbid)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: '
ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 21ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->
End of Python script error report<-- 

Crosby, Stills, & Nash (Doesn't return anything, no error or data but you can see that it found "Crosby" and it ignored anything after the "," to get the mbid. It then
shows "Stills & Nash" under that as just extra text or something. But it discards anything after "," to get the mbid.

PHP Code:
09:20:04 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoversion 1.0.0 started
:20:04 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfo: default.py
:20:04 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoinfo=artistdetails
:20:04 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoartistname=Crosby
:20:04 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfosave to textfileC:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.extendedinfo\07d062a7607dc570bdabe6fe9d5bec10.txt
:20:04 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfofound artist id for Crosbyfcb54ed6-d107-4408-a489-53d1cbf80cb8
:20:04 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoStills Nash
:20:04 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoDiscography.Count None
:20:04 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoMusicVideos.Count None
:20:05 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfosave to textfileC:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.extendedinfo\368891fd5efc9e5d45ff3264d76e9804.txt
:20:05 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoError when handling GetExtendedAudioDBInfo results
:20:05 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfosave to textfileC:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.extendedinfo\f0411563d79873192c29cc0daedb9d30.txt
:20:05 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoError when handling HandleAudioDBAlbumResult results
:20:05 T:6276   DEBUGscript.extendedinfofinished 

"Sinéad O'connor" was done by going into my library and selecting "Artist Info" but it seems to generate an error just like Mötley Crüe.

PHP Code:
09:32:35 T:6424   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoversion 1.0.0 started
:32:35 T:6424   DEBUGPrevious line repeats 1 times.
09:32:35 T:6424   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoinfo=musicvideos
:32:35 T:6424   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoartistname=Sinéad O'connor
09:32:35 T:2184   DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: info=youtubesearch
09:32:35 T:2184   DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: id="Sinéad O'
connor" Music
09:32:35 T:6424   DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: loaded textfile C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.extendedinfo/f0f8b2feae3633cca74658ed5d860944.txt
09:32:35 T:6424   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 23: ordinal not in range(128)
                                              File "
C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 581, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "
C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 40, in __init__
                                                self._parse_argv()
                                              File "
C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 510, in _parse_argv
                                                self.Artist_mbid = GetMusicBrainzIdFromNet(self.ArtistName)
                                              File "
C:\Users\Lonnie Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\Utils.py", line 480, in GetMusicBrainzIdFromNet
                                                log("
found artist id for " + artist + "" + mbid)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 23: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<-- 

The B52's seems to be some kind of different error but it was also generated by going into my library and initiating Artist Info.

PHP Code:
09:40:39 T:1332   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoversion 1.0.0 started
:40:39 T:3560   DEBUGCPythonInvoker(120C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.extendedinfo" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
:40:39 T:1332   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoinfo=similarartistsinlibrary
:40:39 T:1332   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoartistname=The B-52's
09:40:39 T:1332   DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: loaded textfile C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.extendedinfo/ff880cd717856456e0e695e89fe9102d.txt
09:40:39 T:1332   DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: found artist id for The B-52'
s79d16880-4ed2-4572-9fb5-03a7ff3a4b80
:40:39 T:6480   DEBUGscript.extendedinfosave to textfileC:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.extendedinfo\ab6284a436aea032dc20eb4192ef4058.txt
:40:39 T:3560   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoversion 1.0.0 started
:40:39 T:3560   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoinfo=musicvideos
:40:39 T:3560   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoartistname=The B-52's
09:40:39 T:6480   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type '
exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('
album',)
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 581, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 43, in __init__
                                                self._StartInfoActions()
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\default.py", line 88, in _StartInfoActions
                                                Discography = GetArtistTopAlbums(self.Artist_mbid)
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\LastFM.py", line 204, in GetArtistTopAlbums
                                                return HandleLastFMAlbumResult(results)
                                              File "C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo-master\resources\lib\LastFM.py", line 81, in HandleLastFMAlbumResult
                                                for album in results['
topalbums']['album']:
                                            KeyError: ('
album',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<-- 
ok, that helps.
I can fix the "cannot decode" stuff, but the problem with "," is a different one. ($ESCINFO[] does not work properly in Helix it seems. )
You could try to put the $INFO[] stuff between quotation marks (saw that in the wiki, http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras, part 10.3, but also possible that wiki is wrong)
(2014-10-30, 19:03)phil65 Wrote: ok, that helps.
I can fix the "cannot decode" stuff, but the problem with "," is a different one. ($ESCINFO[] does not work properly in Helix it seems. )
You could try to put the $INFO[] stuff between quotation marks (saw that in the wiki, http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:VideoExtras, part 10.3, but also possible that wiki is wrong)

one more for "Guns N' Roses"

PHP Code:
10:03:46 T:3380   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoversion 1.0.0 started
:03:46 T:3380   DEBUGscript.extendedinfo: default.py
:03:46 T:3380   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoinfo=artistdetails
:03:46 T:3380   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoartistname=Guns N' Roses
10:03:49 T:3380   DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: save to textfile: C:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.extendedinfo\a0ce7898d1985021c97749a900d63dc4.txt
10:03:49 T:3380   DEBUG: script.extendedinfo: found artist id for Guns N' 
Roseseeb1195b-f213-4ce1-b28c-8565211f8e43
:03:49 T:3380   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoDiscography.Count None
:03:49 T:3380   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoMusicVideos.Count None
:03:49 T:3380   DEBUGscript.extendedinfosave to textfileC:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.extendedinfo\26aefc26d4f87fc6125608f5044759d4.txt
:03:49 T:3380   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoError when handling GetExtendedAudioDBInfo results
:03:49 T:3380   DEBUGscript.extendedinfosave to textfileC:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.extendedinfo\e81b6cbb3cc467d8dcd3cf923ea21d2d.txt
:03:49 T:3380   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoError when handling HandleAudioDBAlbumResult results
:03:49 T:3380   DEBUGscript.extendedinfofinished 
Tried putting "" around $INFO stuff...

PHP Code:
RunScript(script.extendedinfo,info=artistdetails,artistname="$INFO[Container(50).ListItem.Property(Headliner)]"

But it just acts like you ran the script with a blank.

PHP Code:
10:10:30 T:1400   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoversion 1.0.0 started
:10:30 T:1400   DEBUGscript.extendedinfo: default.py
:10:30 T:1400   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoinfo=artistdetails
:10:30 T:1400   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoartistname=
10:10:30 T:1400   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoDiscography.Count None
:10:30 T:1400   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoMusicVideos.Count None
:10:31 T:1400   DEBUGscript.extendedinfosave to textfileC:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.extendedinfo\6de11549bc707ee9e24cf3005761f40b.txt
:10:31 T:1400   DEBUGscript.extendedinfosave to textfileC:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.extendedinfo\efbeebf24d786be8c94781a4bfc582ff.txt
:10:31 T:1400   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoError when handling HandleAudioDBMusicVideoResult results
:10:31 T:1400   DEBUGscript.extendedinfosave to textfileC:\Users\Woodside\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.extendedinfo\c6c048a4ffa65e0255e14bc3efc5e059.txt
:10:31 T:1400   DEBUGscript.extendedinfoError when handling HandleAudioDBAlbumResult results
:10:31 T:1400   DEBUGscript.extendedinfofinished 
those special chars are fixable, I´m more interested in the comma problem. please put the $INFO[] stuff into quotation marks (like in the wiki) and see if the script gets the correct artist name.

EDIT: saw your post too late. That probably needs fixing in core then. (I could workaround this problem but that´s not the proper way to solve these problems)

if you have the time it would be great if you could set up a new thread in "General Help and Support" forums where you explain this problem in a generic way (since this affects all add-ons)
Perhaps some of the team members will notice it then.
(2014-10-30, 19:17)phil65 Wrote: those special chars are fixable, I´m more interested in the comma problem. please put the $INFO[] stuff into quotation marks (like in the wiki) and see if the script gets the correct artist name.

EDIT: saw your post too late. That probably needs fixing in core then. (I could workaround this problem but that´s not the proper way to solve these problems)

if you have the time it would be great if you could set up a new thread in "General Help and Support" forums where you explain this problem in a generic way (since this affects all add-ons)
Perhaps some of the team members will notice it then.

Done.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=207676
You know... a couple of months back when you weren't around on the boards and there wasn't really any support to turn to, I took your script and started dissecting and manipulating it, changing and experimenting with it to get it to do what I wanted. When I had this exact same problem I started messing around and came up with a solution (hack). It worked for any error that had to do with characters, and with the "," Crosby, Stills, & Nash problem. All I did was add 1 " right before %s) and right after artistname= as shown below. Crosby, Stills, & Nash returned info, Motley Crue, Sinead O'Conner, All of them worked.

Note: I copied your script and modified "extendedinfo" and changed it to "concertinfo" in addon.xml so I could manipulate and experiment with it and not effect the original script, hence the "concertinfo"

I took this little bit of code below and added it to the "GetEvents" part of the code in OnlineMusicInfo.py as an extra line so that it ran artist biography script within itself when I ran the script to get near events. I got the near events and artist biography at once this way. I was experimenting with different sections of code and came up with this somehow.

PHP Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('RunScript(script.concertinfo,info=artistdetails,artistname="%s)' % (artistname)) 

The only thing generated in the log file was this warning when I ran the script, notice Motley Crue, Crosby, Stills & Nash.

PHP Code:
12:32:16 T:6512  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:32:17 T:6724 WARNINGCUtil::SplitParams(script.concertinfo,info=artistdetails,artistname="Mötley Crüe) - end of string while searching for ) or "
12:32:17 T:4160  NOTICEThread LanguageInvoker startauto deletefalse
:32:17 T:4160  NOTICEPrevious line repeats 1 times.
12:32:17 T:4160  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:18:29 T:6724 WARNINGCUtil::SplitParams(script.concertinfo,info=artistbio,artistname="Crosby, Stills & Nash) - end of string while searching for ) or " 

I know you said you could hack it and make it work but it wasn't the way to fix it. I agree and not saying to hack it or anything I just thought this little snippet of info and what I did to make it work might add to try and figure out the reason it's happening. Cheers

[EDIT] oh yeah I did try to add the quote in the xml RunScript just to see if it worked but it didn't. It seemed it would only work when the one script was initiated from inside it's own script when running artist events.
I wonder why that worked at all Wink the problem is already before that: I cannot pass the infolabel from the skin to the script itself, so in your case "artistname" would just be Crosby. I could hack it in by using a property (like in the suggestion: ...thread), but I really don´t want to do it that way. Let´s see if an experience core dev gets into it. ( will also have a look myself into core if i find the time, but I´m really not too experienced in C++, I prefer to stay with python Wink )
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.extendedinfo29