• 154(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-12-10, 07:06)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 04:30)darebee Wrote: Finally getting around to removing Dual-Boot Chrome\OE. I was able to get into ChromeOS once but I logged in just to see if my Google drive space would be expanded +100 GB but it didn't. Now I can't seem to get into the bash shell. It boots and it is asking for my password (remember already logged in once). Have hit Ctrl-Alt-F2 and nothing happens. How can I get into bash shell so I can change the boot options before I remove dual boot and then run the single boot OpenELEC option...?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

-Darren

are you using a wireless keyboard? try toggling the power on/off

I am using a Bluetooth Keyboard. I've been using it since the beginning to setup the dualboot in the first place. But you gave me an idea... one moment please.

SOLVED. After getting to the ChromeOS screen I realized I couldn't type my password. I unplugged my Bluetooth dongle and plugged it back in and then I was able to Ctrl-Alt-F2. I am running OE 5 RC3 in standalone mode. Thanks for the help Matt!
(2014-12-05, 16:35)onizuka Wrote: Hey Matt/All,

Thanks for all your work on this. Can't express enough appreciation.

I've decided to get a Chromebox for my parents. They currently have an oldie by goodie ZBOX ND22 running latest Kodi OpenELEC RC. Here's my not so serious conundrum I'd like you opinion on (or anyone else that might suggest something).

The Zbox is currently using a AVS Gear HA-IR01SV. I provided this remote to my parents for the large buttons and (supposed) easier navigation. On the Wiki I noticed that this remote is currently not compatible with our beloved Chromebox (I assume it's an issue with Chromebox's USB3 ports?).

The goal was to keep the remotes consistent between setups, they're my parents after all. I assume most are thinking: "Why don't you just get them PS3 Remotes like everyone else is using!?" "Even reduces to amount of required remotes for TV + HTPC." I myself use the PS3 remote. My only knock at it is the very small buttons. Can't remember how many times I've fat fingered this remote. The directional is particularly sensitive, hitting the DOWN directional brings up Kodi's side menu inside Confluence on a frequent basis. Am I REALLY pressing the SIDE directional too??

So I guess my question is: Does the AVS Gear HA-IR01SV have any hope for Chromebox support? Is it a software thing, or really a hardware issue that's not resolvable unless AVS Gear does a revision of the remote?

If I'm SOL (I assume that to be the case). Do you have another remote you'd recommend that are "Parents Approved"?

Thanks!

Happy to report that AVS Gear HA-IR01SV works just fine out of the box with the latest RC of OpenELEC and Matt's latest script (standalone). Plugged the dongle to one of the back USB3 ports of the Chromebox and it's working exactly the same as my ZBOX ND22. Let me know if anyone has any questions. Updating the Wiki may be in order?
(2014-12-09, 17:02)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-09, 13:56)magy77 Wrote: Hey Matt,

will this fix the freeze driver hang in RC3?

* Fix crashes on certain Intel GPU when playing video

no, that's a Windows-only issue that was fixed

(2014-12-09, 15:21)dmalovic Wrote: I don't know if this has anything to do with the BIOS, or Chromebox setup, but after shutting down the device, my Apple Wireless Keyboard does not reconnect, even though it's listed.

I also use a PS3 BD Remote, and a Logitech BT mouse which both work fine, but not the AW Keyboard? And it's a pain to get it reconnected, as one needs to keep the power button pressed the whole time while pairing. After standby it works just fine?!

Setup:
Asus Chromebox
OpenELEC 4.2.1 standalone install
Apple Wireless Keyboard (Bluetooth reallySmile

sounds more like an OpenELEC / BT issue. Report it as an issue, and just suspend vs shut down in the meantime?

I will report it, thanks! And I do the standby, but 4.2.1 can crash quite frequently when playing around with different add-ons. Is 5.0 RC1 more stabile btw? The box becomes unresponsive, and you need to force a shut down, and reboot. I did notice that the Apple Keyboard will sometimes reconnect if the shutdown did not last a long time. It is very likely that once the keyboard goes to sleep, it has trouble reconnecting. Gotta love Apple Smile))

Thanks again!
(2014-12-10, 14:49)onizuka Wrote: Happy to report that AVS Gear HA-IR01SV works just fine out of the box with the latest RC of OpenELEC and Matt's latest script (standalone). Plugged the dongle to one of the back USB3 ports of the Chromebox and it's working exactly the same as my ZBOX ND22. Let me know if anyone has any questions. Updating the Wiki may be in order?

do me a favor and tell me the output of 'lsusb' from a ssh shell. The one I have here is manufactured by Topseed and is still non-functional in 5.0 RC2

(2014-12-10, 17:09)dmalovic Wrote: I will report it, thanks! And I do the standby, but 4.2.1 can crash quite frequently when playing around with different add-ons. Is 5.0 RC1 more stabile btw? The box becomes unresponsive, and you need to force a shut down, and reboot. I did notice that the Apple Keyboard will sometimes reconnect if the shutdown did not last a long time. It is very likely that once the keyboard goes to sleep, it has trouble reconnecting. Gotta love Apple Smile))

Thanks again!

for most people 4.2.1 has been rock solid; I don't think you can say it's unstable because some (poorly written) add-ons make it crash. 5.0 RC1/2 seem pretty stable to me, but obviously I haven't tested every use case
Are folks having any issues running the AEON MQ5 skin on the chromebox? I have this skin running on my other HTPCs. What about the AEON NOX skin as well? I need something better than the plain Confluence skin.
(2014-12-10, 18:21)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 14:49)onizuka Wrote: Happy to report that AVS Gear HA-IR01SV works just fine out of the box with the latest RC of OpenELEC and Matt's latest script (standalone). Plugged the dongle to one of the back USB3 ports of the Chromebox and it's working exactly the same as my ZBOX ND22. Let me know if anyone has any questions. Updating the Wiki may be in order?

do me a favor and tell me the output of 'lsusb' from a ssh shell. The one I have here is manufactured by Topseed and is still non-functional in 5.0 RC2

Will do. For clarification, just SSH into OpenELEC and type 'lsusb' then hit 'Enter' and grab the output? (Linux deficient here)
(2014-12-10, 18:51)onizuka Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 18:21)Matt Devo Wrote: do me a favor and tell me the output of 'lsusb' from a ssh shell. The one I have here is manufactured by Topseed and is still non-functional in 5.0 RC2

Will do. For clarification, just SSH into OpenELEC and type 'lsusb' then hit 'Enter' and grab the output? (Linux deficient here)

correct. Just interested in the device manufacturer for the remote, not the other devices. Mine says 'Topseed eHome' etc.
(2014-12-10, 10:42)tr0nllam Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 09:32)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 08:29)tr0nllam Wrote: I was hoping to use HDMI for video and DisplayPort to HDMI to HDMI/Optical splitter for audio. I have been using the HDMI splitter for both, but it only works sporadically for video. Sometimes, when it switches refresh rate, it gives me nothing but static for a picture. It only requires me to switch to a different input and then switch back, but it's still annoying. I need the splitter because my receiver does not have any HDMI inputs, so I need to use optical for audio. I figured if I could use the DisplayPort for audio, it would allow me to hook up the HDMI directly to my tv and avoid the problems I've had with the splitter.

a much simpler and more reliable setup would be to just use a USB audio device for your optical output and HDMI for video. I use/recommend the Turtle Beach one listed in the wiki, it's plug/play in OpenELEC.

Yeah, it appears I'm going to have to go down that route. Thanks for your help.

if your tv supports it you could run optical out from that to your receiver. you'd have to tell xbmc that you don't have a dts capable receiver which would then transcode dts to ac3 but there shouldn't be any noticeable quality loss.
(2014-12-10, 18:55)furii Wrote: if your tv supports it you could run optical out from that to your receiver. you'd have to tell xbmc that you don't have a dts capable receiver which would then transcode dts to ac3 but there shouldn't be any noticeable quality loss.

many TVs will only pass bitstream audio via their digital output from a built-in source (tuner, smart apps); HDMI inputs only get 2-ch. My Panny GT50 sadly falls into this category
(2014-12-10, 18:51)pglover19 Wrote: Are folks having any issues running the AEON MQ5 skin on the chromebox? I have this skin running on my other HTPCs. What about the AEON NOX skin as well? I need something better than the plain Confluence skin.

I have been using both AEON MQ5 and AEON NOX.
Would imagine the Celeron Chromebox is WELL above anything MQ5 needs. BayTrail would be the more interesting question....but highly doubt it would break a sweat.

Anything ARM is where skins like MQ5 would potentially be a concern.
I noticed that resuming a movie from a stop point is not working using the Confluence or Aeon Nox skin. When I click on a movie, I get the option to "Resume From" or "Start from Beginning. When I click on "Resume From", it does nothing. Anyone else having the same problem?
(2014-12-10, 20:53)pglover19 Wrote: I noticed that resuming a movie from a stop point is not working using the Confluence or Aeon Nox skin. When I click on a movie, I get the option to "Resume From" or "Start from Beginning. When I click on "Resume From", it does nothing. Anyone else having the same problem?

I found this thread on another forum about this issue...

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...sts/page-2
(2014-12-10, 21:28)pglover19 Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 20:53)pglover19 Wrote: I noticed that resuming a movie from a stop point is not working using the Confluence or Aeon Nox skin. When I click on a movie, I get the option to "Resume From" or "Start from Beginning. When I click on "Resume From", it does nothing. Anyone else having the same problem?

I found this thread on another forum about this issue...

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...sts/page-2

does this have anything to do with the setup script??
absolutely nothing at all
  • 154(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37