• 7(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
Thumbs up. bryanbrazil
Really clean skin. I like Nox and Refocus so I guess no surprises

Do you have any plan to add something to show advanced launcher data.
So it could look a little better for games or anything scrapped with the advanced launcher in the apps section.

For example, here's what can be displayed by Aeon Nox Helix

Cheers
(2014-12-16, 20:02)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 22:26)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 22:15)schumi2004 Wrote: @bryanbrazil
I think you can produce it like this (have noticed the same thing).
Configure to pauze video on subtitle search and when video plays hit download subtitle button (needs to be configured using custom keymap.xml)
When you do that, the subtitle search window is behind the info OSD.

I also have a little request for you.
Could you add something like a widget for LiveTV that shows planned recordings?

Fixed the subtitle search dialog by adding a zorder to keep it on top.

No plans to add a LiveTV widget. This skin is just using the widgets developed by BigNoid at the moment. Just curious, how would that work with the new widgets that display thumbnails? Are thumbs available for scheduled recordings?
Widget wasn't a good suggestion. Maybe add it in crumbar on top next to clock or something like that?
OK, I remember now that it is included in the AN 5 statistics bar. Maybe I can bring library stats back and display them on the left side of the topbar.

Update: Infolines added back to the home screen (available on git). Configure in the menu customizer just like in Aeon Nox 5.
(2014-12-16, 20:18)RazorFR Wrote: Thumbs up. bryanbrazil
Really clean skin. I like Nox and Refocus so I guess no surprises

Do you have any plan to add something to show advanced launcher data.
So it could look a little better for games or anything scrapped with the advanced launcher in the apps section.

For example, here's what can be displayed by Aeon Nox Helix

Cheers

Can you show me what Advanced Launcher looks like in Mimic? Does list view work?
Sure.
List view works and is the only view available.
It looks like that in Mimic

(2014-12-15, 19:25)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 09:21)Burke Wrote: Hi bryanbrazil,

Fist of all - grate looking skin, really a nice combo - Nox with minimalistic design or Refocus Smile

Thank you for making this skin Smile

I found three little "bugs",

1. I use remote to contole my Kodi. When i press button that directly calls subtitle menu, sometimes it ends up behind OSD, so only a few subs are visibel.
2. When using ff/rew functions, hitting space will pause video, It should just return to play mode
3. On virtual keyboard you can go down to get "backspace" into focus, but you can not go up from "backspace"

Cheers

1. I can't reproduce this. Can you post a screenshot?
2. I believe this is a recent change to Kodi and is not a skin issue. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=1856068
3. Fixed on git, thanks!

All fixed - thanks, and thank you for the link
(2014-12-12, 15:07)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 14:32)schumi2004 Wrote: @bryanbrazil
Nicely done Wink

One thing though.
Remember the missing EPG color in previous reNox version?
Any plans to implement a setting option to make it work?
Thanks for the reminder, I should probably switch to the genre code, would work for more users. Smile

Pushed an update to git that switches the epg grid from using genre names to genre types to determine color. You'll have to let me know if this is working, I have no way of testing it.

I've updated from the git version for the first time in a while and on my system I still had to change MyPVRGuide.xml to genre type at line 114 also for coloured EPG to work.
(2014-12-16, 23:12)TheYetiWakes Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 15:07)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-12, 14:32)schumi2004 Wrote: @bryanbrazil
Nicely done Wink

One thing though.
Remember the missing EPG color in previous reNox version?
Any plans to implement a setting option to make it work?
Thanks for the reminder, I should probably switch to the genre code, would work for more users. Smile

Pushed an update to git that switches the epg grid from using genre names to genre types to determine color. You'll have to let me know if this is working, I have no way of testing it.

I've updated from the git version for the first time in a while and on my system I still had to change MyPVRGuide.xml to genre type at line 114 also for coloured EPG to work.
You're right, I fixed one of the controls but not the other one. Will fix tonight.
(2014-12-16, 21:03)RazorFR Wrote: Sure.
List view works and is the only view available.
It looks like that in Mimic

Glad to see it at least works in List view. I may look at adding an icon view, but that's going to be low priority as I don't use Advanced Launcher. There are several other things I'd like to do first.

(2014-12-16, 23:12)TheYetiWakes Wrote: I've updated from the git version for the first time in a while and on my system I still had to change MyPVRGuide.xml to genre type at line 114 also for coloured EPG to work.

Is now fixed on git, thanks for letting me know.
Aeon Nox was my last skin until Mimix became official. I've been using it since, and although there are some minor details I would change, there's one that bothers me a little bit. hasn't anybody noticed that the posters in the movie list view are always streched to a fixed height and width? wouldn't it be possible to have the Aeon Nox behaviour back? I mean the proper resizing by fitting the width. I guess that the reflection effect doesn't fit this subtle plain view, and I can understand that a fixed height image gives the entire view kind of a frame boundary, but the distorted thumbnail is an uncomfortable spot in such a great overall elegance. isn't it there a way to have the posters appropriately displayed without being streched?
(2014-12-18, 00:37)pancheto Wrote: Aeon Nox was my last skin until Mimix became official. I've been using it since, and although there are some minor details I would change, there's one that bothers me a little bit. hasn't anybody noticed that the posters in the movie list view are always streched to a fixed height and width? wouldn't it be possible to have the Aeon Nox behaviour back? I mean the proper resizing by fitting the width. I guess that the reflection effect doesn't fit this subtle plain view, and I can understand that a fixed height image gives the entire view kind of a frame boundary, but the distorted thumbnail is an uncomfortable spot in such a great overall elegance. isn't it there a way to have the posters appropriately displayed without being streched?
The posters on list view for movies/TV are scaled, not stretched. So if a poster is too wide, part of the sides will be cut off. The ratio of height/width is slightly different for movie posters on fanart.tv than it is for TV posters on thetvdb. I prefer a more uniform look so I set it to scale.

You're welcome to mod that view and set the posters to "keep" and aligny=bottom.
Just pushed a rather big update to git. Removed the half-baked idea I had for a skin playlists window. Instead converted the Favorites dialog to a regular full-screen window with 2 views: List and Icons. I'm using it to display several of my video playlists using the Icon view.

As you'll see in the screenshots, I created a sideblade that contains the view setting. While the setting works, it doesn't automatically refresh the view (have to go out and reopen the Favorites window). I've tried everything I could find (Container.SetViewMode(id), etc), but nothing worked. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Otherwise I'll just remove the sideblade and put the setting back in the skin settings screen where I originally had it. Already moved it back to skin settings on git.

Also added library statistics back. If enabled, they will be displayed in the left side of the topbar on the home screen.

watch gallery
Nice work. I like it. I have one question. When scrolling through my movie collection I noticed that the fan art in the background wasnt always the one for the movie I had selected. Am I doing something wrong or is it the expected behavior?
(2014-12-20, 15:40)asagala Wrote: Nice work. I like it. I have one question. When scrolling through my movie collection I noticed that the fan art in the background wasnt always the one for the movie I had selected. Am I doing something wrong or is it the expected behavior?

Haven't seen that before on my end, it should show the fanart of the currently selected media. I was trying to think if the background customizer could have resulted in this, but don't see how it could. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
(2014-12-20, 19:03)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2014-12-20, 15:40)asagala Wrote: Nice work. I like it. I have one question. When scrolling through my movie collection I noticed that the fan art in the background wasnt always the one for the movie I had selected. Am I doing something wrong or is it the expected behavior?

Haven't seen that before on my end, it should show the fanart of the currently selected media. I was trying to think if the background customizer could have resulted in this, but don't see how it could. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Does the same thing for music. Works fine on the movie widget for the homescreen.
(2014-12-20, 23:47)asagala Wrote:
(2014-12-20, 19:03)bryanbrazil Wrote:

Does the same thing for music. Works fine on the movie widget for the homescreen.

Still not seeing it here. Have you tried other skins, and does it only happen in Mimic? Do you get wrong fanart in all three windows (Movies, TV Shows, Music)?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9