• 21(current)
Release Mimic 1.x for Helix
(2015-01-09, 19:27)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 12:21)rolando.isidoro Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 17:28)bryanbrazil Wrote: Thanks! Tripanel view didn't look too good after removing the background panels, so I removed it entirely. No plans to bring it back. Video end time has been added to the seekbar and will be in the next version.

Thanks for your prompt reply, good news on the video end time. Looking at what you've done with Mimic I believe that you're very demanding and always go the extra mile on the details, so I'm guessing that the Tripanel view might still look good enough for me. I searched the history of your github repository for previous iterations of your work with the Tripanel view, but missed to find any View_##_Tripanel.xml in the 1080i folder since the initial release. Could you point me out to the file so I could try it on my own?

About updates, I see you're committing changes on a daily basis on github, but that doesn't reflect (nor should it) on new versions of the skin being available through Kodi's UI. What's the best practice you advise for users regarding updating the skin:
  1. Wait for a new release on Kodi?
  2. Download regularly from github and update manually?
Keep up the good work, best regards,
Rolando

To get TriPanel view back, you will need to get a copy of it from the Aeon Nox 5 skin. Then you'll need to add the include in Includes.xml and the view id number in MyVideoNav.xml and/or MyMusicNav.xml. Using a text editor like Notepad ++ will make it easier and you can use the following commit as a guide...

https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/comm...b2c68119d3

If you can wait a few days, I'll be submitting the new version to the repo. Just have a few things to clean up on PVR recordings window, etc. Development is slowing down now, though will still likely submit to the repo about every 2 weeks to keep up with language translations that are submitted on Transifex.

Or you can setup a git client to pull the latest changes from github whenever you want. This is a more work to setup (you have to learn git), but it makes it very easy to stay updated.

Final option is to download the zip from github and manually extract it to the skin folder.

Your choice, just depends on how much you want to get your hands dirty. Smile

(2015-01-09, 19:25)Smille Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 05:19)bryanbrazil Wrote: Ok, so I pushed an update to github for you to try. I still can't test it on my system, so let me know how it works. I made the following changes:
  • Moved the scrollbar to the right edge of the screen to be consistent with rest of the skin. The top position is probably wrong, please let me know if it is.
  • Added the recording thumb to the right of the list. Used ListItem.Thumb, not sure if that is available for recordings.
  • Removed the recording plot from the list. Instead positioned it under the recording thumb.

Thank you for your fast Response.

The Plot was still visible in the unselectet Listitem and its first line was not centered. I'm an absolute noob in skinning, so don't know the meaning of the line

<visible>Container.Content(addons)</visible>

in the part of the TextBox. But after deleting it, the plot under the Picture was visible.

Oops, I had fixed focusedlayout but not itemlayout. You're right, that visibility condition shouldn't be there. I had copied that control from another xml.

Will push a fix to github in a bit.

Update: Fix pushed to github. Can you post another screenshot, I'm curious if it looks like I think it should.

Great, now it's usable! Thank You!
(2015-01-10, 23:14)Smille Wrote: Great, now it's usable! Thank You!

Great, that's what I was hoping it looked like. I'll probably move things around a bit so they are horizontally centered better.
@bryanbrazil

I downloaded today's git version and it seems highlighting Cinema Experience from info screen extra's doesn't work anymore.
(2015-01-11, 02:23)schumi2004 Wrote: @bryanbrazil

I downloaded today's git version and it seems highlighting Cinema Experience from info screen extra's doesn't work anymore.
I think CE was running behind the video info dialog...added another condition to the animation to hopefully fix it. Let me know if it works now. Thanks!
Great skin!

I have a couple of questions:

Can you make the notifications smaller? I get a lot of notifications from my phone and when watching a movie the popup is pretty big. Maybe the way mq5 has it, a small, screenwide bar.

Is there a way to always show the song info on the full screen audio view? I have lyrics on top and when the song starts there is a nice view at the bottom but it slides out after a while.

I would like a home screen widget for recent/random stuff that always shows and does not autoscroll. Is that possible?

edit: Played around with the XML for the widgets, the result is pasted here: http://pastebin.com/mwcQWQkG. I think it needs some animation between album and movie widget but other than that I'm happy with this result.
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
(2015-01-11, 12:51)wouterdt Wrote: Is there a way to always show the song info on the full screen audio view? I have lyrics on top and when the song starts there is a nice view at the bottom but it slides out after a while.
In music fullscreen view, press "i" key. That's Kodi function and not skin related Smile
I added a new wall view for myself. 3 rows of movie posters instead of 2. I was wondering if it would be possible to add the playtime of the movie beneath the wall. I also used background2.png as background.png, less dark. See picture.

(2015-01-10, 19:42)bryanbrazil Wrote: Just added to git. I replaced the item/paging label when music is playing. Was going to replace the time in the middle of the topbar, but too difficult to align properly.
It's a good start, thank You! Smile

In my opinion in this place is not enough space for "now playing" info. Even not very long names are scrolling. Furthermore now even less info in screen. I hope You don't mind, but I think bottom bar will be much better option. I made little visual concept:

In library/files in top bar there will be always weather/date/clock (if enabled), in bottom bar left will be "now playing" info (if music playing) and right showing currently displaying album total duration, items count and page count. Pretty nice and more functional, isn't?

Few more thoughts and bugs:

Can You make scrolling or line break to album genre? If album have set more than one genres (I have many albums with 2-3 genres):

You turned off album rating stars, but there is still empty space for stars:

I know, You're using track star ratings in list view, and You probably won't remove rating stars from tracklist, but I'm very interested more space for track names. I have in library very much music with long tracknames with long remix names. Maybe You will create two separated list view options - list and list with ratings? That will be good solution for everyone.

In music fullscreen view with APE files format flag is missing:
With FLAC and MP3 files everything is fine, I haven't tested with other audio formats.

Can You add current time to music fullscreen view? There is very good place for that:

In music files (not library) in albums list no covers displayed, even if folder.jpg inside of folder. When tracklist opened, cover is displayed.

Can You put audio format flag also to music files, when folder with tracklist is opened (like in library view)?

At last - this is not a big issue, but when I activate for testing some other skin and switch back to Mimic, I have to every time set font and color theme again. Skin won't save these settings.

Keep up very good work and Mimic will be even more better and better skin! Smile
(2015-01-11, 12:51)wouterdt Wrote: Great skin!

I have a couple of questions:

Can you make the notifications smaller? I get a lot of notifications from my phone and when watching a movie the popup is pretty big. Maybe the way mq5 has it, a small, screenwide bar.

Not sure what you mean when you say you get a lot of notifications from your phone. Do you mean the notifications that pop up when addons get updated, updating the library, etc? I haven't noticed any pop ups when watching movies.

(2015-01-11, 12:51)wouterdt Wrote: Is there a way to always show the song info on the full screen audio view? I have lyrics on top and when the song starts there is a nice view at the bottom but it slides out after a while.

I would like a home screen widget for recent/random stuff that always shows and does not autoscroll. Is that possible?

edit: Played around with the XML for the widgets, the result is pasted here: http://pastebin.com/mwcQWQkG. I think it needs some animation between album and movie widget but other than that I'm happy with this result.

As you've found the widget transition is not too nice when moving between menu items. I looked into adding an animation but never got it working right, so will likely stay as is.

(2015-01-11, 16:40)maxdido Wrote: I added a new wall view for myself. 3 rows of movie posters instead of 2. I was wondering if it would be possible to add the playtime of the movie beneath the wall. I also used background2.png as background.png, less dark. See picture.

I would look in DialogVideoInfo.xml and copy the corresponding control into your new wall view.
(2015-01-11, 19:06)djstallion Wrote: It's a good start, thank You! Smile

In my opinion in this place is not enough space for "now playing" info. Even not very long names are scrolling. Furthermore now even less info in screen. I hope You don't mind, but I think bottom bar will be much better option. I made little visual concept:

In library/files in top bar there will be always weather/date/clock (if enabled), in bottom bar left will be "now playing" info (if music playing) and right showing currently displaying album total duration, items count and page count. Pretty nice and more functional, isn't?

Looks nice, but unfortunately there isn't enough room at the bottom of other views. It looks like I could move the view content up a bit to accommodate a bottom bar (with the exception of Fanart view), but then there is the matter of horizontal scrollbars. A bottom bar would obscure the scrollbar, which in my opinion is more important than now playing info. Will keep thinking about this, no promises though.

Update: Just tried implementing this and it works pretty well, hiding it when the scrollbars have focus. I kinda like it, stay tuned. Need to reposition the content of most views and figure out how to handle Fanart view.

(2015-01-11, 19:06)djstallion Wrote: Few more thoughts and bugs:

Can You make scrolling or line break to album genre? If album have set more than one genres (I have many albums with 2-3 genres):

What view is this? On my list view for albums I don't see the year and genre on the same line. I don't think I will add scrolling to the genre label. It is confusing to the eye to have the genre label scrolling horizontally at the same time the description is scrolling vertically. This reminds me, I need to fix this issue on the Panel view.

(2015-01-11, 19:06)djstallion Wrote: You turned off album rating stars, but there is still empty space for stars:

I know, You're using track star ratings in list view, and You probably won't remove rating stars from tracklist, but I'm very interested more space for track names. I have in library very much music with long tracknames with long remix names. Maybe You will create two separated list view options - list and list with ratings? That will be good solution for everyone.

This sounds like a good idea for a mod. I'm not interested in another list view and feel there are already enough options.

(2015-01-11, 19:06)djstallion Wrote: In music fullscreen view with APE files format flag is missing:
With FLAC and MP3 files everything is fine, I haven't tested with other audio formats.

Will look for an ape flag png. Update: Found one, added to git.

(2015-01-11, 19:06)djstallion Wrote: Can You add current time to music fullscreen view? There is very good place for that:

Will think about it. While there is room, the current time doesn't feel like it belongs there to me.

(2015-01-11, 19:06)djstallion Wrote: In music files (not library) in albums list no covers displayed, even if folder.jpg inside of folder. When tracklist opened, cover is displayed.

Can You put audio format flag also to music files, when folder with tracklist is opened (like in library view)?

I have never tested file views, will look into this. Update: Added music thumbs and audio codec flags to file view for music.

(2015-01-11, 19:06)djstallion Wrote: At last - this is not a big issue, but when I activate for testing some other skin and switch back to Mimic, I have to every time set font and color theme again. Skin won't save these settings.

When you switch skins they will always revert to the default theme/font etc. This is Kodi behavior and not skin dependent.

(2015-01-11, 19:06)djstallion Wrote: Keep up very good work and Mimic will be even more better and better skin! Smile

Thanks!
Bottom bar displaying now playing music info added to git, optional in skin settings.
(2015-01-11, 20:02)bryanbrazil Wrote: Looks nice, but unfortunately there isn't enough room at the bottom of other views. It looks like I could move the view content up a bit to accommodate a bottom bar (with the exception of Fanart view), but then there is the matter of horizontal scrollbars. A bottom bar would obscure the scrollbar, which in my opinion is more important than now playing info. Will keep thinking about this, no promises though.

Update: Just tried implementing this and it works pretty well, hiding it when the scrollbars have focus. I kinda like it, stay tuned. Need to reposition the content of most views and figure out how to handle Fanart view.
Excellent job! Looks very nice and works very well! Smile
Now playing bottom bar is missing in music/files. Please add also currently on screen album total time to somewhere.
But of course - take Your time!

(2015-01-11, 20:02)bryanbrazil Wrote: Image

What view is this? On my list view for albums I don't see the year and genre on the same line. I don't think I will add scrolling to the genre label. It is confusing to the eye to have the genre label scrolling horizontally at the same time the description is scrolling vertically. This reminds me, I need to fix this issue on the Panel view.
This music/library album list view. I have Your latest git installed in two computers and in both album view looks like this.
Yes, I agree, horizontal and vertical scrolling in same time is not a good idea. Adding genre to new line adds little bit more space to genre.
Maybe You add scrolling only when genre have focus?

(2015-01-11, 20:02)bryanbrazil Wrote: Image

This sounds like a good idea for a mod. I'm not interested in another list view and feel there are already enough options.
In screenshot is music/library album list view. You already removed star ratings from album view, I'm talking about empty space between album name and album year, as You can see from screenshot. Stars are gone, but space for stars is still there. Doesn't look good and removing this unneeded empty area will add more width for album name.

Talking about music/library tracklist view, there I can see only two different views: list and song. Adding one more view doesn't hurt anybody, but makes some people happy (including me).

Furthermore - Your vision is create simple and clean looking skin and in most cases You are very successful. Adding list without star ratings view to music/library tracklist, makes You even more successful and adds even more cleaner look option to skin. Or if You don't want to add a new view, please add option to remove stars (with space these are using).

Making a mod only to make things simpler and cleaner doesn't make sense. I don't know personally anybody, who likes and using star ratings and make option to them is cherry on the pie.

(2015-01-11, 20:02)bryanbrazil Wrote: Will look for an ape flag png. Update: Found one, added to git.
Thanks!

(2015-01-11, 20:02)bryanbrazil Wrote: Will think about it. While there is room, the current time doesn't feel like it belongs there to me.
That's not very important, although is very good to see current time, when music is playing in fullscreen view.

(2015-01-11, 20:02)bryanbrazil Wrote: I have never tested file views, will look into this. Update: Added music thumbs and audio codec flags to file view for music.
I can't see any difference right now. In music/files albumlist view I can't still see any covers and no any audio codec flags in music/files tracklist view.

(2015-01-11, 20:02)bryanbrazil Wrote: When you switch skins they will always revert to the default theme/font etc. This is Kodi behavior and not skin dependent.
Clear, I didn't know that.

PS. I have to say one more time - now playing bar is excellent! Smile
(2015-01-12, 10:04)djstallion Wrote: Now playing bottom bar is missing in music/files.

Added bottombar to music files and several other places where it was missing.

(2015-01-12, 10:04)djstallion Wrote: This music/library album list view. I have Your latest git installed in two computers and in both album view looks like this.

In screenshot is music/library album list view. You already removed star ratings from album view, I'm talking about empty space between album name and album year, as You can see from screenshot. Stars are gone, but space for stars is still there. Doesn't look good and removing this unneeded empty area will add more width for album name.

Hmm, I can't find that album list view. Mine has the artist name on the right side, not the year. Either way, I never removed star ratings from album view and don't see an empty space there. The label widths are set to auto.

(2015-01-12, 10:04)djstallion Wrote: I can't see any difference right now. In music/files albumlist view I can't still see any covers and no any audio codec flags in music/files tracklist view.

I had fixed it for list view but not slimlist. Slimlist now has thumbs and the audio flag. I don't plan to spend any more time on files view though, it consumes a lot of time and I think folks should be using the library views anyway.
(2015-01-13, 10:09)bryanbrazil Wrote: Added bottombar to music files and several other places where it was missing.
Great! Seems to be fixed.

(2015-01-13, 10:09)bryanbrazil Wrote: Hmm, I can't find that album list view. Mine has the artist name on the right side, not the year. Either way, I never removed star ratings from album view and don't see an empty space there. The label widths are set to auto.
Ah, I didn't remember, I changed long time ago albumlist setting via advancedsettings.xml:

<albumformat>%A - %B</albumformat>
<albumformatright>%Y</albumformatright>

I like this view more, I wanna see always album year on list. With other skins I can't see this empty space right to the left area.

EDIT: I checked View_50_List.xml and label widths are not to set auto. All labels are with fixed width. If I remove left label width and starratings area, empty space will gone.
If You really don't want to make slimlist option without rating stars I will think about Mimic mod. These stars are really disturbing for me, sorry. I'm not a skinner, but HTML and CSS are not unknown to me and with Your little help and tips I can modify skin via XML files. Or maybe I will just help You little bit here and there sometimes. I'm not aginst of it, because I really like Your skin. Let me know, what are You think about it.

(2015-01-13, 10:09)bryanbrazil Wrote: I had fixed it for list view but not slimlist. Slimlist now has thumbs and the audio flag. I don't plan to spend any more time on files view though, it consumes a lot of time and I think folks should be using the library views anyway.
Now thumbs and audio flags are there with slimlist, thanks! I agree and I'm using library view with my main music collection, but listening something new I'm using file mode. When album is good enough, I will add this to library.
I think You don't have to spend more time to file view, because all basic seems to be done. Thank You!

About APE flag, I was thinking first You are making early April joke Big Grin

Then I realized this ugly thing is Monkey's audio "logo". This looks really awful. Confluence skin using this simple flag for ape:

I'm really not good in graphics, but I made a new APE flag for Mimic. I think this looks far better than current one:

This is screenshot from skin, You can download flag with transparent background from here: http://www.upload.ee/files/4461261/ape.png.zip.html
I have issue that always the default list view is shown
I select panel view but when we I enter again the list view is shown
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 1.x for Helix9