• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]
(2015-01-11, 17:59)blondeshanks Wrote: Thanks Gade,

Have tried this version and it appears both 12 and 12A now show as 12 only.

Definately getting there....

Once again, thanks for spending time looking into fixing this Big Grin

Hi blondeshanks.

Thanks for checking.

I just switched 7 movies to UK rating (to get them all) and now everything should be working perfectly.

You can still use the same link Smile
Hi Gade, all working fine now. Thanks so much for taking the time to implement these UK classification media flags, it's much appreciated Big Grin
Great to hear. I'm glad to help Wink
(2015-01-09, 17:07)Gade Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 14:21)the111 Wrote: Started using Rapier Skin and it is great, fast and not too complicated.

I am using the custom menu items to add 3D movies and Children Movies to the main menu but would like to change the menu order so they are adjacent to the regular movie menu.

Can you add the ability to change the menus order on the main screen?

Hi the111.

Thanks a bunch for the nice words.

Changing the hardcoded category items order to a custom order will require too much code.

Instead, you can disable the items in the incorrect order and create custom categories with the exact same features. If you don't like the Videos - Movies - TV Shows order, you can disable the 3 categories and create the same ones yourself in the order you like. It is possible to both add the same submenus and the same widgets. The only thing that will be missing is the add-on shortcuts.

Just a small notice: from the next update you will have to set the paths to your custom categories and submenus again if they are set using favourites. I have fixed several bugs and added features that breaks the paths. The icons, images, backgrounds and panels are not affected at all - and the custom categories/submenus set by presets are also not affected. Another note is that it will be possible to set most items using presets alone: I have added the possibility to set add-ons and paths directly using presets.

I have created 3 Movie menus: HD Movies, 3D, Kids Movies from favourites.

The issue I have now is that all 3 have the same viewing settings: I cannot have one show all movies and another show just the unwatched movies.
each time I change one the other 2 are also effected.
(2015-01-13, 01:12)the111 Wrote: I have created 3 Movie menus: HD Movies, 3D, Kids Movies from favourites.

The issue I have now is that all 3 have the same viewing settings: I cannot have one show all movies and another show just the unwatched movies.
each time I change one the other 2 are also effected.

Hi the111.

Yeah, the All Videos, Unwatched and Watched sorting is a global setting within Kodi/XBMC which corresponds to the tv show or movie library.

On my media center, I have created smart playlists instead, which gives you total control over different aspects in the library.

You can create a smart playlist like this:
  • Type: Movies
  • New Rule: Path -> Starts with -> Your path...
  • Playcount -> is -> 0 (Unwatched)
  • Playcount -> is greater than -> 0 (Watched)
  • In Progress -> True (only in progress movies)
  • Year -> is greater than -> 2013 (only show movies from 2014 and newer)
  • - choose one or more of the above
  • Item must match -> all of the rules / one or more of the rules (depends what you choose from the above)
  • Order by: sort title (title of the movie)
  • Order by: Date added (like recently added, with the newest on the top)

That's it.
(2015-01-13, 01:54)Gade Wrote: Hi the111.

Yeah, the All Videos, Unwatched and Watched sorting is a global setting within Kodi/XBMC which corresponds to the tv show or movie library.

On my media center, I have created smart playlists instead, which gives you total control over different aspects in the library.

• Item must match -> all of the rules / one or more of the rules (depends what you choose from the above)

That's it.
This is what I used to do in previous XBMC version and different skin (NOX).

But how can I create a Menu Item from a specific playlist in Rapier Skin?

All I am to do is to create a menu to the list of playlists under "Presets" and not a specific playlist.

Have I missed something?
(2015-01-13, 08:43)the111 Wrote:
(2015-01-13, 01:54)Gade Wrote: Hi the111.

That's it.
This is what I used to do in previous XBMC version and different skin (NOX).

But how can I create a Menu Item from a specific playlist in Rapier Skin?

All I am to do is to create a menu to the list of playlists under "Presets" and not a specific playlist.

Have I missed something?

Save the playlist as a favourite and add that favourite as a custom category or submenu.

EDIT: Actually I just added a feature to select a playlist (play or enter) from the presets dialog, when creating a custom category or submenu. Download the updated Rapier skin here.
(2015-01-13, 13:46)Gade Wrote: EDIT: Actually I just added a feature to select a playlist (play or enter) from the presets dialog, when creating a custom category or submenu. Download the updated Rapier skin here.

Excellent I will try it.
Is the skin update available on the KODI repo through KODI?
(2015-01-13, 20:38)the111 Wrote:
(2015-01-13, 13:46)Gade Wrote: EDIT: Actually I just added a feature to select a playlist (play or enter) from the presets dialog, when creating a custom category or submenu. Download the updated Rapier skin here.

Excellent I will try it.
Is the skin update available on the KODI repo through KODI?

Sounds great.

No, these are the features which will be added in the next official release.

You can see a changelog here. The upcoming version is 7.2.0
Is it possible to have the widgets on different home screens? For instance, if I wanted the recently added widget on the General screen?
Any chance for adding Series recording functionality for PVR?

Great job on the skin, just switch from Aeon Nox.
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
(2015-01-14, 06:40)westcoastbias Wrote: Is it possible to have the widgets on different home screens? For instance, if I wanted the recently added widget on the General screen?

Hi westcoastbias.

Yup, you bet.

To do this you have to deactivate the regular General category and create the same category as a custom category. You can add the same submenus etc. and add a panel with recently added Movies or whatever you want.

If you need the focus/unfocus images, you can find them using the Github link from the first post. They are in the media/homecategories/english folder.

(2015-01-14, 07:05)SheHateMe Wrote: Any chance for adding Series recording functionality for PVR?

Great job on the skin, just switch from Aeon Nox.

Hi SheHatesMe.

I don't use the PVR function myself, so can you explain what this is?

Maybe point me to other skins which have this function?

EDIT: I can see you have made a thread about the same, so let's continue there Smile
Thumbs Up 
Hi, I am using this skin for about a week now, and I really like it. It is nice and clean, but also fully functional. Great work, keep it up!

I just wanted to share a few minor issues i came across:

- while playing music at fullscreen, the dialog to change the visualisation is partly off screen (this happens on two machines with different displays/resolutions).
see screenshot: http://imgur.com/iwFYj6K

- music visualisation and artist slideshow won't work at the same time even though the settings pretend this was possible, but I think you already are aware of this Wink

- in the tvshow category, i use thumbs info (banner) view. I disabled focused cover zoom for thumbs info in the settings, but the banners get the focus zoom effect anyway. Bug, or expected behaviour?

at last, i'd like to support kupi's idea of changing the "in progress" music-widget to random albums, or provide a setting for this.

Enough complaining, thank you for this skin! Cool
Hi flabbamann.

Thanks a lot for the kind words and for the great feedback. It's really appreciated!

(2015-01-14, 17:07)flabbamann Wrote: - while playing music at fullscreen, the dialog to change the visualisation is partly off screen (this happens on two machines with different displays/resolutions).
see screenshot: http://imgur.com/iwFYj6K

Thanks, that will be fixed with the next update.

(2015-01-14, 17:07)flabbamann Wrote: - music visualisation and artist slideshow won't work at the same time even though the settings pretend this was possible, but I think you already are aware of this Wink

This should definately be working in Rapier 7.1.0
You need to have the settings like this:
ENABLE music visualization / artist fanart in the background
ENABLE both music visualization and artist fanart in the background
ENABLE fanart slideshow

You need to have script.artistslideshow installed and configured correctly.

Sometimes in the beginning of a new track, the fanart will start black.

(2015-01-14, 17:07)flabbamann Wrote: - in the tvshow category, i use thumbs info (banner) view. I disabled focused cover zoom for thumbs info in the settings, but the banners get the focus zoom effect anyway. Bug, or expected behaviour?

Definately a bug. It will be fixed in the next version.

(2015-01-14, 17:07)flabbamann Wrote: at last, i'd like to support kupi's idea of changing the "in progress" music-widget to random albums, or provide a setting for this.

Cool, sounds like most people would like that feature. I'll change it for the next version.
(2015-01-14, 09:44)Gade Wrote: Hi SheHatesMe.

I don't use the PVR function myself, so can you explain what this is?

Maybe point me to other skins which have this function?

EDIT: I can see you have made a thread about the same, so let's continue there Smile

Ill respond there Smile
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]2