• 22(current)
Release Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix
Hi guys

First of all, great work, best skin there is. I installed Amber v2.0.11 on Kodi on Openelec 5.0

I have a question about home shelf recommended list behaviour on movies and tv-shows.

On Gotham if you started a movie from the home shelf and watched a while and stopped the movie would appear on the recommended list and you could resume from there.
Now this only works if I go into movies and start it from there. Then if stopped the movie appears on recommended and can be resumed there.

Similar thing for tv shows.
On Gotham, if you watched an episode from a show for example s01e04 and finished it by pressing stop at the credits of the episode the show would jump in first place of the recommeded list on home shelf and show the next episode s01e05.
Now this only works if you do not press stop at the end but let the episode play until it reched the end and stopped by itself.

it seems that it is not possible to start or resume a movie or episode from home shelf and stop it again to resume it from the point where you stopped the last time.

Did anyone else see this, did I miss a setting anywhere ?
Is this a Problem with Amber or is it a Openelec / Kodi problem ?
Since I did the upgrade from Gotham to Kodi Helix and Openelec 4.2 to 5.0 I'm not sure it even has something to do with the skin itself.
KODI problem. Should be fixed in 14.1
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Is the latest version of Amber now on the kodi repo or GitHub?
Love this skin... Small issue: Context menu not functioning on Favorites menu items. Switch to Confluence and the Context Menu works just fine.
I switched back to Confluence when the original author said that Amber would not be updated for Helix...

I was so pleased to see that it had been picked up and was being worked on and i've switched back... I'm running it on an rPi and i have to say... i didn't realise quite how much i missed it!

Thanks for all the work!
(2015-01-31, 21:31)buddy123 Wrote: Love this skin... Small issue: Context menu not functioning on Favorites menu items. Switch to Confluence and the Context Menu works just fine.

Works fine here. Anything in debug log?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2015-01-25, 20:50)TjaLfE Wrote: I hope this can be sorted out. If you need the dialog translated to danish, then count me in Smile

Translation missing probably. Take a look at file in skin/language/danish
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm a little confused. I installed a version of amber about a week or two ago....is there a newer version available. I had changed the filename so I am not sure which version I am on now.
(2015-02-01, 14:25)rockcjc Wrote: I'm a little confused. I installed a version of amber about a week or two ago....is there a newer version available. I had changed the filename so I am not sure which version I am on now.

The current version is 2.0.11 (downloadable from the first post in this thread, with instructions also in that post).

If you go to addons --> addons browser --> enabled addons --> skins and select Amber, you can see on that info screen which version is currently running on your system.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello, first sorry for my English. I have installed kodi (compiled February 2, 2015) in my raspberry and when I try to install amber 2.0.11 tells me it can not load the skin due to missing files. I use the zip on the first page. Any ideas? Thank You.
I'm certain this would of been asked in the previous 22 pages, however I couldn't see anything with a quick search..

Is there a reason that when the skin/kodi loads, that it loads the plex options then the menu scrolls back to settings automatically rather than starting on the first menu option (movies in my case)

I imagine this is a limitation of the plugin? Is there any workaround or fix? Please excuse my OCD.

Thanks for all your work on this skin.
Yes. Settings and items below it are fixed and thus always available while those populated by plugin are delayed until retrieved from server. Main menu list focuses on what's available. Technical limitation.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2015-02-03, 10:52)pecinko Wrote: Yes. Settings and items below it are fixed and thus always available while those populated by plugin are delayed until retrieved from server. Main menu list focuses on what's available. Technical limitation.

I had assumed as much, thanks for your quick reply.
I'm new to this skin so apologies if this has been covered but is there a way to arrange the order of menu items, ie, if I wanted my Home Screen to be in the order Movies > TV Shows > Music > Pictures or vice versa?

In the settings it appears to have the fixed menu items with custom items between that you can add your favourites to but I don't see a way to alter the order (if there is one)
No, you can't reorder without altering skin code yourself.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber now updated to support Kodi 14.0\Helix4