• 23(current)
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore
The video pauses slightly when entering the OSD in Helix SPMC 14.1. The Gotham SPMC 13.4 version transitions smoothly when entering OSD with the video not pausing. Is it possible to correct this in Helix SPMC?
I tried the SPMC 14.1 on FireTV. Its a fresh install. I only deactivated MediaCodec (because of incompatibility with the AmazonVideoPlayer and view 1080i-LiveTV without stuttering) then I configured the builtin VDR addon (VNSI) and restart SPMC.

But SPMC crashs on every time on selecting a TV Channel. This error is in all SPMC Versions before. I reported this error several times before. In the standard Kodi built, there is no problem. Why is SPMC sooo unstable and Kodi 14.1 and 15alpha not. At the moment I use the Kodi test-built with glesdeinterlace on 1080i-TV-Channels and deinterlace works very well. But SPMC would be a little bit nicer.

I thought SPMC has a special incompatibility with FireTV, so I tried SMPC on my Android-Tablet, but there is the same issue.

Please could someone help me to get SMPC working on FireTV with libstagefright and LiveTV ?

Thanks in advance
Ryker
(2015-02-09, 17:55)sirmedia Wrote: Finally figured out the "Add-on does not have the correct structure" problem: I uploaded the addon zip via Samba/SMB (enabled through the adbFire tool). For some reason when you write to the sdcard like this the files end up unreadable except via the same SMB (permission problem, not file corruption, the file itself is fine).
The lesson is that I should be using "adb push" instead, even though SMB is more convenient.

Just an update, adbFire 1.18 will fix this.
(2015-02-09, 20:44)ryker1409 Wrote: I tried the SPMC 14.1 on FireTV. Its a fresh install. I only deactivated MediaCodec (because of incompatibility with the AmazonVideoPlayer and view 1080i-LiveTV without stuttering) then I configured the builtin VDR addon (VNSI) and restart SPMC.

But SPMC crashs on every time on selecting a TV Channel. This error is in all SPMC Versions before. I reported this error several times before. In the standard Kodi built, there is no problem. Why is SPMC sooo unstable and Kodi 14.1 and 15alpha not. At the moment I use the Kodi test-built with glesdeinterlace on 1080i-TV-Channels and deinterlace works very well. But SPMC would be a little bit nicer.

I thought SPMC has a special incompatibility with FireTV, so I tried SMPC on my Android-Tablet, but there is the same issue.

Please could someone help me to get SMPC working on FireTV with libstagefright and LiveTV ?

Thanks in advance
Ryker

I've had this problem on my fire TV since spmc 13.3 too, oddly it only occurs when selecting a 1080i h264 stream directly. Normally it works if I chose an sd mpeg2 stream then change directly to a 1080i
(2015-02-09, 19:06)mjbxx Wrote: The video pauses slightly when entering the OSD in Helix SPMC 14.1. The Gotham SPMC 13.4 version transitions smoothly when entering OSD with the video not pausing. Is it possible to correct this in Helix SPMC?
Have the same issue. This is basically the only issue i have with spmc 14.1.
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
Today my FireTV updated to 51.1.4.3, after that I had some issues with 13.4 SPMC, so tried to update - which failed. I uninstaled 13.4. and tried again, still failed. adb ist telling me "installation failed not compatible" and even trying to do it via File Explorer failes.
This is very weird because Kodi 14.1 will install fine....just SPMC is telling me it is incompatible, which I assume can not be.

Just to be clear, I can neither install 13.4 nor 14.1, both version keep telling me they are incompatible.
What is the benefit of SPMC vs Helix 14.1? ...might be good to have FAQ in 1st post ;-)
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I've run a few recent versions of SPMC on my firetv stick with great success, but I have one minor issue/question.

I have sideloaded both SPMC and the Amazon store and SPMC shows up in recent, but when I click on it nothing happens. The only way to launch SPMC is under "Manage All Installed Applications". Am I missing something, or is this expected.
(2015-02-11, 23:40)FletchF Wrote: I've run a few recent versions of SPMC on my firetv stick with great success, but I have one minor issue/question.

I have sideloaded both SPMC and the Amazon store and SPMC shows up in recent, but when I click on it nothing happens. The only way to launch SPMC is under "Manage All Installed Applications". Am I missing something, or is this expected.

My icon disappeared so I had to start over. Here's what I did and it works great with SPMC 14.1 on a regular AFTV (not stick). Hopefully it works on a stick also...

1. Sideload SPMC 14.1
2. (If you already had SPMC "installed") went to my Amazon.com, Your Account -> Your Android Apps & Devices. Deleted old SPMC.
3. Reboot SPMC (just because)
4. Went to Amazon.com again and "purchased" (free) SPMC using "Get Now 1-Click" button. It'll warn you it's not compatible, but purchase it anyway.
5. On amazon.com, go to Your Account -> Your Android Apps & Devices -> Your Devices (on the left) -> select your AFTV and under actions click "Manage your content and devices" -> Under Your Devices, de-register your AFTV.
6. Reboot the AFTV
7. Re-register your AFTV
8. Start SPMC at least once on your AFTV using the old way (Settings, Manage all installed apps, SPMC)
9. Close SPMC properly (Using quit in SPMC)
10. Reboot SPMC

It should now show up (and hopefully work this time) under your home menu (recent).

Worked for me, hopefully it works for you.
(2015-02-12, 01:41)LakersFan Wrote: Worked for me, hopefully it works for you.

Thanks for this. Since I already had "purchased" and side loaded SPMC, I tried following your instructions starting with step 5. Unfortunately, there was no change. SPMC still shows up in "recent", but clicking it does nothing. When I have more time, I'll try doing a factory reset on the firetv stick and start from step 1. It's not really a big deal, since my only use for the stick is Kodi, so I only launch it once per reboot anyway.
(2015-02-09, 19:06)mjbxx Wrote: The video pauses slightly when entering the OSD in Helix SPMC 14.1. The Gotham SPMC 13.4 version transitions smoothly when entering OSD with the video not pausing. Is it possible to correct this in Helix SPMC?

I only have this problem when installing skins from zip files.
(2015-02-10, 23:05)Livin Wrote: What is the benefit of SPMC vs Helix 14.1? ...might be good to have FAQ in 1st post ;-)

Agree'd
(2015-02-14, 21:43)jbaconbits Wrote:

I only have this problem when installing skins from zip files.

I installed SPMC 14.1 launcher APK link from the SPMC website. Are you using SPMC 14.1 and not seeing a pause in the video when entering the OSD?

EDIT: Just realized that the Amber skin for Helix can only be installed from a zip file at this time. I'll have to wait until it becomes official to see if the pause when going into OSD issue resolves itself.
I don't have this problem with Aeon Nox. Have you tried going to the Confluence skin to see if the problem exists using that skin?
(2015-02-15, 03:09)LakersFan Wrote: I don't have this problem with Aeon Nox. Have you tried going to the Confluence skin to see if the problem exists using that skin?

Confluence does not exhibit the pause issue when entering the OSD and it appears that this is not an SPMC issue. Looking forward to the official Amber skin release to Kodi.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Annoucement][AFTV] SPMC (XBMC spinoff) published in Amazon Appstore5