• 582(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2015-02-23, 22:14)amcfarla Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 22:10)Raddp Wrote: Hi Lunatixz, first time poster, thanks for this great plugin! I previously used the original PseudoTV, but stopped because it was plagued with a bug where certain shows of mine would populate the guide as lasting infinitely. As seen in this screenshot:

PseudoTV Live had this bug squashed, and I've been using it with no issue for many months. But as of one of the last couple updates this issue has returned (currently running 0.5.8g). You can see in the screenshot above channels 2, 3, and 5 are all showing half hour programs that populate the entire guide for that channel. On switching to this channel, I'll see the last few seconds of the show advertised and it will go on to another show. Bring the guide back up and that channel will show the guide back to normal. But the problem is, each time one of these shows populates the guide, the problem repeats, with that channel perpetually stuck on the show until i switch to that channel to clear it up. This is happening with about 10 or so of my shows, and was not happening until like I say, the last couple of updates. I have posted a logfile http://xbmclogs.com/pjlfts1zr that I hope can help shed some light on this. I admit I did not go over 500 pages of this thread to see if this issue was covered already, but a search for the issue didn't uncover anything. I am using Pseudo TV Live on Kodi 14.1 Windows 7 (on a high end machine), and two Raspberry Pi 2 boxes running OpenELEC. All three have developed the issue over the last week or so. If I can provide any other info or files I am glad to help get this sorted out. Thank you again for your time!

You are not alone, I am seeing this on half dozen channels where it wasn't happening with the last update

It would be extremely helpful if you can tell me the last working versions of PTVL that didn't have this problem.

Let me know, and I'll be happy to track down the problem.

Thanks
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I new to the ptvl and so far is has become a second job that only pays in smiles (and sometime headaches). I want to say a big thank you to Lunatixz and also Milkman. I only have one problem so far i haven't been able figure out and going thru 500 pages on the fourm is a little to much for me. I have my channels set up to force random mode it plays random tv shows but sometimes they play 5 back to back of Spongebob Squarepants is there a way to break them up? Also with movies i have it set to to force random mode but they are all still played in alphabetical order.
Thank you for the quick reply! Well I wish I could say exactly, I've been noticing it for maybe just under a week. My best estimate would be 0.5.8e or 0.5.8f. It's unfortunately not the type of problem to pop out at me to say "Whoa, that ain't right!". It's kind of a gradual thing as these affected shows slowly creep into the guide. I just happened to remember the bug from ages ago. I think the solution back then was to remove the shows from the library. Not a great solution, but it did work! Except you couldn't watch those shows in PseudoTV anymore obviously. Really wish I could be more specific, I hope this helps even a little bit. Maybe someone else with the issue can speak up and knows better than I do exactly which update this started with.

I can also tell you, that another issue as a result, when one of the channels containing affected shows resets, it hangs on updating the channel when it gets to one of these shows. I can send another log of this happening as well if necessary. Thanks again! I figured rather than trying to roll back or delete shows from my library, I'd let you know!
(2015-02-23, 23:48)Raddp Wrote: Thank you for the quick reply! Well I wish I could say exactly, I've been noticing it for maybe just under a week. My best estimate would be 0.5.8e or 0.5.8f. It's unfortunately not the type of problem to pop out at me to say "Whoa, that ain't right!". It's kind of a gradual thing as these affected shows slowly creep into the guide. I just happened to remember the bug from ages ago. I think the solution back then was to remove the shows from the library. Not a great solution, but it did work! Except you couldn't watch those shows in PseudoTV anymore obviously. Really wish I could be more specific, I hope this helps even a little bit. Maybe someone else with the issue can speak up and knows better than I do exactly which update this started with.

I can also tell you, that another issue as a result, when one of the channels containing affected shows resets, it hangs on updating the channel when it gets to one of these shows. I can send another log of this happening as well if necessary. Thanks again! I figured rather than trying to roll back or delete shows from my library, I'd let you know!
If you can find an exact build that works... let me know...
(2015-02-23, 22:36)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 22:14)amcfarla Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 22:10)Raddp Wrote: Hi Lunatixz, first time poster, thanks for this great plugin! I previously used the original PseudoTV, but stopped because it was plagued with a bug where certain shows of mine would populate the guide as lasting infinitely. As seen in this screenshot:

PseudoTV Live had this bug squashed, and I've been using it with no issue for many months. But as of one of the last couple updates this issue has returned (currently running 0.5.8g). You can see in the screenshot above channels 2, 3, and 5 are all showing half hour programs that populate the entire guide for that channel. On switching to this channel, I'll see the last few seconds of the show advertised and it will go on to another show. Bring the guide back up and that channel will show the guide back to normal. But the problem is, each time one of these shows populates the guide, the problem repeats, with that channel perpetually stuck on the show until i switch to that channel to clear it up. This is happening with about 10 or so of my shows, and was not happening until like I say, the last couple of updates. I have posted a logfile http://xbmclogs.com/pjlfts1zr that I hope can help shed some light on this. I admit I did not go over 500 pages of this thread to see if this issue was covered already, but a search for the issue didn't uncover anything. I am using Pseudo TV Live on Kodi 14.1 Windows 7 (on a high end machine), and two Raspberry Pi 2 boxes running OpenELEC. All three have developed the issue over the last week or so. If I can provide any other info or files I am glad to help get this sorted out. Thank you again for your time!

You are not alone, I am seeing this on half dozen channels where it wasn't happening with the last update

It would be extremely helpful if you can tell me the last working versions of PTVL that didn't have this problem.

Let me know, and I'll be happy to track down the problem.

Thanks

I didn't notice the issue in the .0.5.8f version, but I have like 10 channels that are having the issue now.
(2015-02-23, 23:48)Raddp Wrote: Thank you for the quick reply! Well I wish I could say exactly, I've been noticing it for maybe just under a week. My best estimate would be 0.5.8e or 0.5.8f. It's unfortunately not the type of problem to pop out at me to say "Whoa, that ain't right!". It's kind of a gradual thing as these affected shows slowly creep into the guide. I just happened to remember the bug from ages ago. I think the solution back then was to remove the shows from the library. Not a great solution, but it did work! Except you couldn't watch those shows in PseudoTV anymore obviously. Really wish I could be more specific, I hope this helps even a little bit. Maybe someone else with the issue can speak up and knows better than I do exactly which update this started with.

What's the easiest way to roll back? Roll back is greyed out on the plugin info screen. I'm happy to test it out if I can test a couple older builds. Thanks again.
(2015-02-24, 01:08)Raddp Wrote: What's the easiest way to roll back? Roll back is greyed out on the plugin info screen. I'm happy to test it out if I can test a couple older builds. Thanks again.

https://github.com/Lunatixz/XBMC_Addons/commits/master

Click version you want, browse files, then download zip
I just tried 0.5.8g and the channel building speed is greatly improved. EPG is still dog slow for me. It takes about 6-7 seconds from the time I hit the remote button to open the EPG until it's all presented on the screen. Navigating channels is slow 1-2 seconds, upwards of 10-15 if navigating to a channel off screen. It's still a problem even after the artwork spooler has finished. If I try to close before the artwork spooler has finished, PTVl hangs until the artowk spooler finishes then it exits promptly. I couldn;t seem to find the option to diable the artwork service to test if things improve without it.

Here's the log: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=65...file%2clog
Trying to delete last post but can't find it
(2015-02-23, 02:46)wyild1 Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 02:22)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-02-23, 02:14)wyild1 Wrote: Sorry for the confusion. i am talking about Kodi screensaver and Power saving features to shutdown the system when idle.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ojmIn...sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ojmIn...sp=sharing

I dont even run PTVL in the log above, i just start Kodi and left it idle. Once i uninstalled PTVL, then the Kodi screensaver would start when i leave the system idle. I believe PTVL is stopping the Kodi screensaver from starting because its not letting the system go into an idle state.

Cheers!
And you have no other kodi plugins installed?

What makes you believe its PTVL thats at fault?

I ask because, my kodi screensaver works as it should. I don't have code that effects kodi's idle timer.

If you can find a direct relationship between your problem and PTVL I would be happy to fix it.

I believe that its PTVL because it is the only plugin i uninstalled and the screensaver started working again.

I will work on doing a fresh install and only install PTVL and see if that will point to the issue

Luna

OK Here is what I have tested here:

1: Deleted the .kodi directory from my user home directory (/home/xbmc/.kodi)
2: Started Kodi and let it update the addons that come with Kodi
3: Enabled Debug and reboot
4: Let the system idle after i rebooted and watched the screensaver start

Code:
17:51:23 T:140070523598784   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScreensaverActivated from xbmc
17:51:23 T:140070523598784   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 4, from xbmc, message OnScreensaverActivated
17:51:23 T:140070523598784   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 12900
17:51:23 T:140070523598784   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Home.xml) ------
17:51:23 T:140070523598784   DEBUG: ------ Window Init () ------
17:51:23 T:140070523598784   DEBUG: ADDON: Dll Initializing - Euphoria
17:51:23 T:140070523598784   DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(/usr/lib/kodi/addons/screensaver.rsxs.euphoria/Euphoria.xbs)

5: Installed your repo and then installed PTVL and its dependencies (and wow lots of dependencies Smile )
6: let system idle and the screensaver started
7: Setup some PTVL config (no channels, just options enabled) and tried to start it but was told system reboot, so rebooted
8: Let system idle on reboot and the screensaver didnt start
9: Waited 10 min and the screensaver still didnt start.
10: I removed PTVL and didnt reboot. The screensaver started on time 3 minutes later

Log for steps 4-7 - http://xbmclogs.com/ps6mlh48i
log for steps 8-10 - http://xbmclogs.com/p5bn3qzda

Please let me know if there is anything else you need from me

Cheers!
I LOVE THIS ADDON!!!! Luna, if I were a girl or even a gay man, I would totally make out with you! PTVL rocks!
(2015-02-24, 03:35)tommymsw Wrote: I LOVE THIS ADDON!!!! Luna, if I were a girl or even a gay man, I would totally make out with you! PTVL rocks!
Prude
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Quick question.

What is the expected behavior if you have a channel configured as a smart playlist, and change the playlist.xsp file while the channel is running with PTLV background updating enabled? Is the playlist cached in PTVL at boot and you would have to reboot PTVL for the updated playlist to show or would the epg list suddenly change when the background updating occurs and re reads the smart playlist file??
I've tried a few times, but given that the shortest background refresh interval is 4 Hours, messing with this may take a while.

tldr. Does background updating re read the smart playlist file for changes? or just re-populate the channel with shows from the original playlist file?
  • 582(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45