• 61(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
look at these i am confused !!!Huh
season 10 no logo but season 11 logo
(2015-02-23, 18:08)martinconroy Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 02:59)Warner306 Wrote: Aeon Nox 5 - Helix Compatible

Credit for this mod goes to mikesilvo164. The code used is taken directly from his skin mod, Nox 5 with Some Added Views (Helix). It also incorporates a handwritten CD-R created by manfeed from this thread.

Together, the result is the Artist Slideshow below:

Artist Slideshow with Disc Art:

Artist Slideshow with Handwritten CD-R:

The slideshow supports the use of artist logos, but I don’t have any logos to test.

You will need:
  • MusicVisualisation.xml
  • Font.xml
  • blank.png (fallback CD art)
  • fafers.ttf (required font file)
Installation Instructions:
  1. Add the modified MusicVisualisation.xml and font.xml to your addons/aeon.nox.5/1080i folder.
  2. The blank.png image should be placed in addons/aeon.nox.5/extras/cdart.
  3. Lastly, add the font fafers.ttf to addons/aeon.nox.5/fonts.
Play a track and press Tab to enter full-screen playback.

If using Artist Slideshow, fanart images can sometimes take a minute to load.

Download MusicVisualisation Mod:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing.

Support and questions regarding this upload should be forwarded to mikesilvo164 in this thread. See the post below for further information.

Hi,
Loving the improved music visualisation. Just wondering if it is easy/possible for me to tweak it to do a couple of things.
  1. Whilst the visualisation runs now when a song is played, it just by default shows the fanart. Is it possible to show the track info, spinning cd etc automatically?
  2. The "next tracks" list at the bottom starts with (1). Would it be possible to amend this to show the track number rather than sequential numbers from 1? Just seems more logical to me.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Martin

I put together this mod and added some of the included elements, so I'll try to help.

1. This has nothing to do with the design of the slideshow; this is a setting in Artist Slideshow or skin settings. I don't have the program open to check, but there has to be a setting that toggles this because I always see the slideshow pictured at all times unless the fanart is loading from the Internet. This might be a screensaver setting? The only options "coded-in" are accessed by displaying the controls (enter), and selecting them from the toolbar above. Check these settings first, then Artist Slideshow and then Skin Settings.

2. Yes, the track number could be added. I had it that way to begin with but had trouble determining which song was next unless I was playing a complete album in order from the same artist. Playing a playlist, for example, you have multiple artists and the track numbers correspond to the album track number not the track order in the playlist, so this serves no good at all. It is easier to identify the track order by denoting them chronologically, especially if the track list is scrolling from one end to the other and you can't see the beginning.

The current infolabel for the track order is denoted by:

[COLOR white] $INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).Artist,[B]Next:[/B] 1. , - ]$INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).Title,, ][/COLOR]

You could replace the numbers (like 1. in the example above) with:

[COLOR white] $INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).Artist,[B]Next:[/B] $INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).TrackNumber] , - ]$INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).Title,, ][/COLOR]

This would have to be repeated for numbers 1 through 5. If you do go forward, use something like Notepad++ and remember to preserve all of the spaces and commas currently in place or you will end up with a mess.
(2015-02-23, 23:16)mxlance Wrote: if you need any help with photoshop type work for the skin let me know.
changes to icons, cases or the like i an happy to help if needed.

Thanks, I may take you up on that Smile and in the wise words once spoken by another you may wish you never made that offer Tongue

(2015-02-23, 23:27)Mario S. Wrote: look at these i am confused !!!Huh
season 10 no logo but season 11 logo

That is weird and not sure how that is happening... Huh The same control is used to display the image for all sections. There should be nothing stopping it from appearing in one season but not another in the same TV show.

I can only suggest checking for more than one Nox SiLVO folder, trying to toggle the logo on/off, using the texture cache utility , running AD again, and as a last resort to delete your guisettings.xml and any of my skin folders and reinstall. That would mean resetting up all of Kodi though.
Ok thanks mike for your help !! Wink
I am using this skin and really liking the mods made to the original Aeon Nox.

I haven't gone through all 60+ pages of this thread so I apologize in advance if this has already been asked/answered before. Is there a way to enable IMDB Top 250 logo/ranking in other views besides "Logo" view? I usually use "Low List" or "Big Fan".
@mikesilvo164
as a wiser man than i once said "I wouldn't have offered if I wasn't prepared to help out a lot so do not worry about asking for help. I won't get annoyed or anything... maybe..." Smile
(2015-02-22, 05:22)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-02-22, 01:35)leejk Wrote: I've noticed a glitch when playing back music... not sure if this is a skin or kodi issue. While playing music, if you press the m key to bring up the menu, the menu flashes for a second before it appears. Anyone else see that?

I can not replicate this... Does it still happen after a restart? Have you altered anything in the skin (mod of some kind)?

I have not modded the skin or anything... still using Feb 10th version at the moment. The behavior happens after the song has been playing and the visualization starts playing. I think it has to do with the lyrics being on screen, because if I dismiss them the the menu opens normally. If the lyrics are on screen and I open the menu, the menu player controls toolbar opens at a smaller size, then disappears, then opens at a wider size, all within a second or so. Also if the menu is open and lyrics are off for the current song, when the next song starts the lyrics appear again as expected, but then the menu can't be closed, unless lyrics are dismissed first by using the backspace command.
Just installed the updated skin and loving the new view. Just one question tho: in Mike's screen mockups the movie title looks to be orange and the watched flag is blue in the alternate layout. On mine, they're both yellow. How to change that?
(2015-02-24, 04:01)leejk Wrote: Just installed the updated skin and loving the new view. Just one question tho: in Mike's screen mockups the movie title looks to be orange and the watched flag is blue in the alternate layout. On mine, they're both yellow. How to change that?

Change the theme in Appearance settings.
@mikesilvo164:
I know it might be too much, but...
About RightList reading text right oriented is hard to follow/read.
What about a view called LeftList that would be a "mirror" or the RightList?
(2015-02-23, 23:32)Warner306 Wrote: I put together this mod and added some of the included elements, so I'll try to help.

1. This has nothing to do with the design of the slideshow; this is a setting in Artist Slideshow or skin settings. I don't have the program open to check, but there has to be a setting that toggles this because I always see the slideshow pictured at all times unless the fanart is loading from the Internet. This might be a screensaver setting? The only options "coded-in" are accessed by displaying the controls (enter), and selecting them from the toolbar above. Check these settings first, then Artist Slideshow and then Skin Settings.

2. Yes, the track number could be added. I had it that way to begin with but had trouble determining which song was next unless I was playing a complete album in order from the same artist. Playing a playlist, for example, you have multiple artists and the track numbers correspond to the album track number not the track order in the playlist, so this serves no good at all. It is easier to identify the track order by denoting them chronologically, especially if the track list is scrolling from one end to the other and you can't see the beginning.

The current infolabel for the track order is denoted by:

[COLOR white] $INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).Artist,[B]Next:[/B] 1. , - ]$INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).Title,, ][/COLOR]

You could replace the numbers (like 1. in the example above) with:

[COLOR white] $INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).Artist,[B]Next:[/B] $INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).TrackNumber] , - ]$INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(1).Title,, ][/COLOR]

This would have to be repeated for numbers 1 through 5. If you do go forward, use something like Notepad++ and remember to preserve all of the spaces and commas currently in place or you will end up with a mess.

Thanks for this. Yes, you are right regarding (1). I was pointed to the fact that this is a toggle which is preserved between appearances of this screen so as long as I don't remove it. I was just having difficulties because I was using a remote to control an OpenElec MX2 box so the mapping wasn't clear. Fixed that now.

I see your thinking re (2). I tend to use albums so I can review this. I'm sure I can work something out. It may be best (assuming I can work it out) to remove numbers completely, but gradually reduce the opacity so the order is defined that way.

Much appreciated!
@mikeSiLVO widget fan art not displaying correct image on hover is now fixed. Thanks for your hard work.
@mikeSiLVO

i mad a pack of flags for you:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b7a7a9...o+Pack.zip

included are some new studio flags in colored and white and the files are corrected to meet the naming conventions in openelec.

i included also some mpaa flags like rated x and as some movies are rated like some TV-Shows i also included them, here are some examples:

(2015-02-24, 00:25)monisriz Wrote: I am using this skin and really liking the mods made to the original Aeon Nox.

I haven't gone through all 60+ pages of this thread so I apologize in advance if this has already been asked/answered before. Is there a way to enable IMDB Top 250 logo/ranking in other views besides "Logo" view? I usually use "Low List" or "Big Fan".

Not available as of now but I can add it... any suggestions as to where?

(2015-02-24, 01:24)mxlance Wrote: @mikesilvo164
as a wiser man than i once said "I wouldn't have offered if I wasn't prepared to help out a lot so do not worry about asking for help. I won't get annoyed or anything... maybe..." Smile

LaughWink

(2015-02-24, 03:00)leejk Wrote: I have not modded the skin or anything... still using Feb 10th version at the moment. The behavior happens after the song has been playing and the visualization starts playing. I think it has to do with the lyrics being on screen, because if I dismiss them the the menu opens normally. If the lyrics are on screen and I open the menu, the menu player controls toolbar opens at a smaller size, then disappears, then opens at a wider size, all within a second or so. Also if the menu is open and lyrics are off for the current song, when the next song starts the lyrics appear again as expected, but then the menu can't be closed, unless lyrics are dismissed first by using the backspace command.

With more info I can replicate it my current version and the Git version of Aeon Nox 5... and since I am not sure if it was a bug introduced in 14.1, 14.2, or a coding issue... I think mentioning it in BigNoids thread would be better since he is the creator of the skin and his expertise would be invaluable in tracking the cause and whether it is code or a Kodi bug.

(2015-02-24, 04:01)leejk Wrote: Just installed the updated skin and loving the new view. Just one question tho: in Mike's screen mockups the movie title looks to be orange and the watched flag is blue in the alternate layout. On mine, they're both yellow. How to change that?

If you see yellow then your display may be showing inaccurate colors. The only colors seen should be blue, red, or orange. If it is just a typo then changing theme to skin default and changing colors to orange will get you the results in my screenshots.

(2015-02-24, 09:49)Crssi Wrote: @mikesilvo164:
I know it might be too much, but...
About RightList reading text right oriented is hard to follow/read.
What about a view called LeftList that would be a "mirror" or the RightList?

I will think on this... so not sure but maybe.
(2015-02-24, 10:52)martinconroy Wrote: Thanks for this. Yes, you are right regarding (1). I was pointed to the fact that this is a toggle which is preserved between appearances of this screen so as long as I don't remove it. I was just having difficulties because I was using a remote to control an OpenElec MX2 box so the mapping wasn't clear. Fixed that now.

I see your thinking re (2). I tend to use albums so I can review this. I'm sure I can work something out. It may be best (assuming I can work it out) to remove numbers completely, but gradually reduce the opacity so the order is defined that way.

Much appreciated!

I don't think you can change the opacity of text. What you can do is use the [COLOR] tags and define a list of colors for each track. There are different shades of blue that can be used in Defaults.xml for this purpose.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55