• 64(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2015-02-26, 19:50)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 19:38)LFCFAN Wrote: Mike,
The Arial font you have right now is fine for my needs(to show the Arabic character or writing for some of the addons that I use). To answer your question my native language is Harari and the national language I speak is Amharic. For you to add the former one is impossible and I won't burden you with that task. Besides you have a lot in your hand to deal with.Confused
Thanks for the offer though.

I didn't mean add the language that would take way too much time and would probably be wrong since I'd have to use google translate or something. I meant add the string to the language po file so when you select the font it will say Arial. You can see what I mean if you check my last commit to Git. Your system language selected under international is Amharic?

Okay, I see what you mean and I actually use English on my system and whenever available on the skins that I use, I just change the default font to Arial based.
(2015-02-26, 20:06)gotham_x Wrote: I see that there is a new update to download, what 'is the safest procedure to install the new update?

- Directly from the .zip file, then overwriting the old one
- Unzip the .zip file and install the folder that contains the updated skin after removing the skin from Addon

Thank You.

I recommend installing from zip from within the addon manager.
Thank you, very kind.
I am probably going to regret this Tongue but... I would like to ask for some volunteers in pointing out any issues the skin currently has. I am referring to any size, spacing, alignment, or anything not matching the rest of the skin like button labels or any other wording issues. If you happen to find any bugs please share that, they will always be fixed first. If you can provide screenshots that would be great, if not, as accurate a description as you can provide will also be helpful.

Thanks

Edit: Just to be clear, yes, I'd like you all to be nit picky. Every small or annoying detail you notice.
Hi Mike,

One thing that seems like it needs tweaking is the amount of space dedicated to the info area, where the plot text is displayed. It seems to me it could be wider... the padding between the title area of the RightListView and this text seems excessive.

rgds
(2015-02-26, 21:51)leejk Wrote: Hi Mike,

One thing that seems like it needs tweaking is the amount of space dedicated to the info area, where the plot text is displayed. It seems to me it could be wider... the padding between the title area of the RightListView and this text seems excessive.

rgds

The are a couple of reasons for the current spacing... I find that non-English titles of movies can sometimes be quite long so to accommodate that and also long English titles like the Chronicles of Narnia or lord of the rings so they'd have as much space as possible... that and in order for me to expand the plot I'd have to shorten the list which would show less items on screen, not sure if that is better or worse...

Since I'll probably never be done tweaking I will post a screenshot (no idea when) of the plot wider with less items and see what the opinion is.
In the case of extremely long movie titles, is it possible to have them scroll horizontally to the left automatically? That would allow the plot area to be widened more, and if there is a really long title that exceeds the allowed list width, it would still be readable. In my library tho it looks like the plot area could be widened about 15% without any interference with the movie titles... although I have only English titles. However, does widening the plot area cause the entire vertical list to get narrower, or just narrower at the bottom?

I was looking thru my Kodi log for problems with another addon and noticed this skin related item:

14:55:49 T:3808 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: MovieShowCase
14:55:49 T:3808 ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Skin.HasSetting(rightlistalternateseasons

rgds
(2015-02-26, 22:59)leejk Wrote: In the case of extremely long movie titles, is it possible to have them scroll horizontally to the left automatically? That would allow the plot area to be widened more, and if there is a really long title that exceeds the allowed list width, it would still be readable. In my library tho it looks like the plot area could be widened about 15% without any interference with the movie titles... although I have only English titles. However, does widening the plot area cause the entire vertical list to get narrower, or just narrower at the bottom?

I was looking thru my Kodi log for problems with another addon and noticed this skin related item:

14:55:49 T:3808 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: MovieShowCase
14:55:49 T:3808 ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Skin.HasSetting(rightlistalternateseasons

rgds

Those log messages are fixed on Git, Thanks.

The screenshot below should explain things a little better...

See the scrollbar and the length of the title below the orange highlighted one? If I widen it anymore I will need to shrink the list either vertically or horizontally.
@mikesilvo164:
Is there any possibility that you can include in the settings of RightView that in middle section "Directed by" and "text plot" is not shown and that "Genre" will be alligned to bottom in this case?

I know that a lot of people like the way it is done now, but I find the view too saturated.

I dont expect this to be taken serriously, just thinking out loud. Wink

Thanx again for you fine work again.

p.s. Still think that, when RightList is finalised, it would be nice to create also a LeftList. Smile
Maybe I could take a look into this for you, to take some work from your shoulders?
Trying your repo and direct zip links, getting incorrect structure errors for both

OE 14.2 beta
is it possible to add views to files view?
im using advanced launcher to start games, all the games have thumb, some have fanarts,
when im entering the games screen, i can only see list/3 panel/symbols (dont remember the exact name-im translating from hebrew).
i would love to see other views that i see in movies as well

thanks
(2015-02-27, 10:40)Crssi Wrote: @mikesilvo164:
Is there any possibility that you can include in the settings of RightView that in middle section "Directed by" and "text plot" is not shown and that "Genre" will be alligned to bottom in this case?

I know that a lot of people like the way it is done now, but I find the view too saturated.

I dont expect this to be taken serriously, just thinking out loud. Wink

Thanx again for you fine work again.

p.s. Still think that, when RightList is finalised, it would be nice to create also a LeftList. Smile
Maybe I could take a look into this for you, to take some work from your shoulders?

I will not offer any more options in rightlist view. You are welcome to make what you like and post it to git or in this thread for me to add it after reviewing it Smile

(2015-02-27, 14:06)Dark_Slayer Wrote: Trying your repo and direct zip links, getting incorrect structure errors for both

OE 14.2 beta

That is a new one... I have not had issues or complaints from anyone else.. please post a debug log and I will take a look.

(2015-02-27, 15:20)hasamba Wrote: is it possible to add views to files view?
im using advanced launcher to start games, all the games have thumb, some have fanarts,
when im entering the games screen, i can only see list/3 panel/symbols (dont remember the exact name-im translating from hebrew).
i would love to see other views that i see in movies as well

thanks

That has been asked before and the only way I know how to add support for advanced launcher is to create an item and focused layout for each view type while that is not hard per se testing all the other types of addons is time consuming so I will only add this if someone finds a way to add it for just advanced launcher or makes the layouts themselves.

FYI, I am dealing with some computer issues so my responses will be less frequent for the next day or two until I get it sorted.
Mike, The work that you continue to do with this skin is great! Are you still taking requests? I'll put this out there and I guess it may not be to everyone's taste and to me it sounds like a big change? So I appricate if this is something you don't want to do...

something I like about confluence is that the power and favourite menus are removed out of the main menu and sit on the floor of the screen. I was wondering if something similar could be achieved? Along with the settings option as well? This way the main menu is purely dedicated to "media options" and reduces the risk of my family members selecting the settings or power options (at the moment I have these hidden in sub menus). Personally I think the best pace for these would be next to the time/temputure/global search option...

Anyway as I say I've put it out there, not sure how difficult that would be to achieve or even how popular this would be, maybe not everyone has a 4 year old daughter who is insistant on "working/breaking the tele"!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work!
Thanks Ash.
Hi Mike... How can i add play trailer to the context menu... when using my liberty?
Thanks for adding right list. Now, if I only had big images in showcase, I'd be back to where I was (which was quite happy) with the older Aeon Nox...any chance that will happen? Or shift having the big image in the middle would be about the same thing.

Thanks again, this one sure seems a lot snappier than the older one...
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55