• 79(current)
v21 fTV
Widgets with a background add it now grey looks shit.
(2015-06-19, 22:47)stueeey Wrote:
(2015-06-19, 22:22)Hitcher Wrote: Strange, can you post your script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml?

Also, are you using the latest (as in Git) version of the skin shortcuts script?

aha! fixed, thanks Hitcher! just downloaded BigNoids latest script.skinshortcuts and I can now select 'settings' from the shortcut menu.

I had presumed that fTV added the scripts required when installing? I've got auto updates enabled too, so I'm surprised it wasn't updated.

either way 'happy now' thanks for your assistance Hitcher and all the hours you have spent creating this great skin, love it... nothing else delivers content upfront like this skin does its great.

Should you be interested I've set up your skin with PleXBMC & 16 favourite widgets. I'm utilising Common>Movies & TV to show movie posters to various Plex sections, playlists & genres of mine. Works really great... realise this probably isn't how you envisaged it being used when you created it. Just thought it may interest you to see it being used differently.

Holy shit! Plexbmc integration? Do you mind sharing this?
(2015-06-20, 10:00)pettson3816 Wrote:
(2015-06-19, 22:47)stueeey Wrote:
(2015-06-19, 22:22)Hitcher Wrote: Strange, can you post your script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml?

Also, are you using the latest (as in Git) version of the skin shortcuts script?

aha! fixed, thanks Hitcher! just downloaded BigNoids latest script.skinshortcuts and I can now select 'settings' from the shortcut menu.

I had presumed that fTV added the scripts required when installing? I've got auto updates enabled too, so I'm surprised it wasn't updated.

either way 'happy now' thanks for your assistance Hitcher and all the hours you have spent creating this great skin, love it... nothing else delivers content upfront like this skin does its great.

Should you be interested I've set up your skin with PleXBMC & 16 favourite widgets. I'm utilising Common>Movies & TV to show movie posters to various Plex sections, playlists & genres of mine. Works really great... realise this probably isn't how you envisaged it being used when you created it. Just thought it may interest you to see it being used differently.

Holy shit! Plexbmc integration? Do you mind sharing this?

Just to be clear I have not 'integrated' PleXBMC... what I have done is used the tools (addon favourites and multiple widgets) that are available to me as standard with the fTV skin to implement an array of PleXBMC Widgets (up to 16 using Movies & TV) and 1 section to display my PleXBMC Playlists again via Videos favourites. As I understand it this is not 'PleXBMC integration' I've just been clever with how I use the favourites Hitcher has enabled for us.

It would be a great skin to have full PleXBMC integration enabled though!
stueeey, do you have the main menu entries working as shortcuts to PleXBMC sections. If so, how?

I mean, when you click 'Movies' it takes you to a PleXBMC movies section (and widgets still work too).
(2015-06-20, 10:18)Ayla Wrote: stueeey, do you have the main menu entries working as shortcuts to PleXBMC sections. If so, how?

I mean, when you click 'Movies' it takes you to a PleXBMC movies section (and widgets still work too).

I've never actually tried implementing PleXBMC sections to the fTV main menus, I remove the shortcuts here (so it says noop). I just move to the right from the main menus... with the array of widgets available to me I suppose I view the widgets as my main entry points to my PLEX world so I have no need to actually click on the main menu sections. (hope that makes sense).

FYI: I use the movies widget to access favourites saved as...
On Deck
Recently Added
Movies A-Z
3D
TV shows
My Watchlist
Top Rated

I then Hi-Jack the TV shows section (rename it Collections) and use the 8 widgets to display an array of my favourited Movie Genres.

realise it's not full PleXBMC integration, but it's doing a great job of getting my PLEX content easy to access. Only downside is that every widget I enter the title says 'PleXBMC' would be great if the title could be coded to display the name of the widget I have just entered.

+1 for full PleXBMC integration
Hi Ayla, how often do you update your version of this amazing skin, is it possible to just overwrite your files over the top of the latest version Hitcher has released.

I wasn't going to use the live tv feature but have changed my mind so just wondered.

Thanks.
Hi Hitcher,
would it be possible to add poster view on music videos?
(2015-06-20, 10:35)stueeey Wrote:
(2015-06-20, 10:18)Ayla Wrote: stueeey, do you have the main menu entries working as shortcuts to PleXBMC sections. If so, how?

I've never actually tried implementing PleXBMC sections to the fTV main menus, I remove the shortcuts here (so it says noop). I just move to the right from the main menus... with the array of widgets available to me I suppose I view the widgets as my main entry points to my PLEX world so I have no need to actually click on the main menu sections. (hope that makes sense).

FYI: I use the movies widget to access favourites saved as...
On Deck
Recently Added
Movies A-Z
3D
TV shows
My Watchlist
Top Rated

I then Hi-Jack the TV shows section (rename it Collections) and use the 8 widgets to display an array of my favourited Movie Genres.

realise it's not full PleXBMC integration, but it's doing a great job of getting my PLEX content easy to access. Only downside is that every widget I enter the title says 'PleXBMC' would be great if the title could be coded to display the name of the widget I have just entered.

+1 for full PleXBMC integration

To further extend your workaround, you could add the Plex section as a new section of the main menu, grab the code that it gives you and paste that into the shortcut for the movie or tv section you want to replace. That will force it to allow you click on the main section and move into Plex while still keeping the functionality of "hi-jacking" the Movies section.

Hope that makes sense.

Pretty much this.
I have one question. Does the "Switch User"/"Logoff User"/Restart/Shut down and so on work for you guys? It is not working for me, from other things it does...ànything I should check?
(2015-06-22, 11:41)Vlaves Wrote: I have one question. Does the "Switch User"/"Logoff User"/Restart/Shut down and so on work for you guys? It is not working for me, from other things it does...ànything I should check?

I can't be certain its related... but I had a similar issue where my settings menu by could not be accessed via shortcuts, it was resolved once I downloaded Bignoids latest skinshorts.script from GitHub
(2015-06-22, 11:53)stueeey Wrote:
(2015-06-22, 11:41)Vlaves Wrote: I have one question. Does the "Switch User"/"Logoff User"/Restart/Shut down and so on work for you guys? It is not working for me, from other things it does...ànything I should check?

I can't be certain its related... but I had a similar issue where my settings menu by could not be accessed via shortcuts, it was resolved once I downloaded Bignoids latest skinshorts.script from GitHub

Thank you, I will try that Smile
Great skin, thank you!

However I ran out of space on my FTV Stick pretty quickly... Is there anyway to delete all the fanart backgrounds and turn them off from downloading when scanning??
I have no desire for them and it would save a heck of a lot of storage space.
I cannot use an alternative storage location for Kodi as the FireTV Stick has no way of connecting usb storage.

I hope someone can help!

Thank you
Great skin!!!!!! One issue, the MPAA rating is only displayed for non R rated movies. Using version 1.0.4
(2015-06-23, 04:06)weeksm Wrote: Great skin!!!!!! One issue, the MPAA rating is only displayed for non R rated movies. Using version 1.0.4
Thanks, not sure how I missed that one.
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fTV42