• 95(current)
v21 fTV
(2015-07-26, 23:47)anonomys209 Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 11:12)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 10:14)anonomys209 Wrote: I would like to set up a Games section widgets for Steam games, N64 games, PS2 games, etc… I have each section already created with advanced launcher, and each section added as a favorite, now can I go about setting up my Games section how I'd like it with the latest version? Thanks.
Add 'Games' to the main list then customise it's submenu. For each section add from the Favourites entry.

The widget section is greyed out… am I doing something wrong? I'm still only able to set custom widgets for the default sections.

Check which version you're using, are you sure it's the latest from GitHub?
(2015-07-26, 23:48)hsus Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 23:47)anonomys209 Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 11:12)Hitcher Wrote: Add 'Games' to the main list then customise it's submenu. For each section add from the Favourites entry.

The widget section is greyed out… am I doing something wrong? I'm still only able to set custom widgets for the default sections.

Check which version you're using, are you sure it's the latest from GitHub?

Just downloaded it like two days ago from GitHub. I will try a complete reinstall here in a few minutes. I'm sure it's user error lol
Maybe related, but the Next Up plugin won't work for me either. And it works on my FTV, but not on my PC. Weird.
(2015-07-26, 23:13)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 22:26)buiweezy127 Wrote: has anyone used the search (global search) yet? I tried to search for lion king but nothing came up.

Do you have Lion King in your library?

not in the library but under a movie addon. so it has to be under library?
(2015-07-27, 01:14)buiweezy127 Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 22:26)buiweezy127 Wrote: has anyone used the search (global search) yet? I tried to search for lion king but nothing came up.

Yes
So I backed up my kodi from my fire stick with the latest fire skin from github. then i restore the same backup file to my PC and it keeps saying cant rebuild or build the menu.

Error message

Skin Shortcuts
-unable to build menu. install kodi log uploader add-on to easily provide a debug log.

the log was uploaded to http://xbmclogs.com/pputsx1l7
(2015-07-26, 20:15)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 19:04)elmerohueso Wrote: The Widget selection for the Programs section only has a spot for one widget: either Your Add-Ons or Your Android Apps. I'd like to display both in the same section. The Video Add-Ons seem to only be an available widget in the Videos section. I'd like to, instead, add it to both the Movies and TV sections. And Music Add-Ons does not appear to be an available widget in the Music section.

Am I missing another way to do this?
Sounds like you're using an older build - check GitHub.

Yup, sorry. I had grabbed version 1.0.0 from the main download link. I grabbed the 1.2.4 version from Github as well as the newest Toolbox and Skinshortcuts. Now I can add the Addons as widgets, but they don't actually show up in the menu. If the Addons widget is the only widget in a section, pressing RIGHT will open the addons list. Otherwise, though, there's no way to get to the addons.

(2015-07-27, 01:14)buiweezy127 Wrote:

Yes. Global Search can only search your libraries (it's "Global" in the sense that it searches all libraries and all fields). It does not search content found in addons.
Hi Hitcher!

I started playing with this skin today, trying to find something new to hook into my PlexBMC setup, and this is awesome!

But, I've kinda got a thing for blue, so I thought I'd see if I still had enough chops to add color support.

Apparently, I do! So, I forked your git, added my changes, submitted a pull request if you're interested. I'm not sure the colors are 100% identical to the original, but it looks very very close.

Hope it helps! Big Grin

https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv/pull/1
(2015-07-27, 04:10)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 20:15)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 19:04)elmerohueso Wrote: The Widget selection for the Programs section only has a spot for one widget: either Your Add-Ons or Your Android Apps. I'd like to display both in the same section. The Video Add-Ons seem to only be an available widget in the Videos section. I'd like to, instead, add it to both the Movies and TV sections. And Music Add-Ons does not appear to be an available widget in the Music section.

Am I missing another way to do this?
Sounds like you're using an older build - check GitHub.

Yup, sorry. I had grabbed version 1.0.0 from the main download link. I grabbed the 1.2.4 version from Github as well as the newest Toolbox and Skinshortcuts. Now I can add the Addons as widgets, but they don't actually show up in the menu. If the Addons widget is the only widget in a section, pressing RIGHT will open the addons list. Otherwise, though, there's no way to get to the addons.
If something doesn't show up correctly on the home screen try adding to your favourites first and then add that favourite when setting up the home screen.
(2015-07-27, 04:39)digitalhigh Wrote: Hi Hitcher!

I started playing with this skin today, trying to find something new to hook into my PlexBMC setup, and this is awesome!

But, I've kinda got a thing for blue, so I thought I'd see if I still had enough chops to add color support.

Apparently, I do! So, I forked your git, added my changes, submitted a pull request if you're interested. I'm not sure the colors are 100% identical to the original, but it looks very very close.

Hope it helps! Big Grin

https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv/pull/1
Nice, I'll check it out.
Okay I got custom widgets working by deleting and reinstalling everything. My only question now is can we set different view types for each widget item? i.e. Square for PSX games, wide for N64, portrait for PC…
(2015-07-27, 00:16)ADHDMedia Wrote: Maybe related, but the Next Up plugin won't work for me either. And it works on my FTV, but not on my PC. Weird.

Can you post a log file of nextup working and not working on the nextup notification thread please and i'll have a look
(2015-07-27, 10:44)ADHDMedia Wrote: Okay I got custom widgets working by deleting and reinstalling everything. My only question now is can we set different view types for each widget item? i.e. Square for PSX games, wide for N64, portrait for PC…

You can only use 1 viewtype per set of widgets.
(2015-07-27, 18:10)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 10:44)ADHDMedia Wrote: Okay I got custom widgets working by deleting and reinstalling everything. My only question now is can we set different view types for each widget item? i.e. Square for PSX games, wide for N64, portrait for PC…

You can only use 1 viewtype per set of widgets.

Damn. Is this something that can be worked in on a future update? The actual FireTV GUI obviously does this, so it would be a good option to have for this skin I would think.
Not possible under the current way the home screen is coded unfortunately.
(2015-07-27, 20:01)Hitcher Wrote: Not possible under the current way the home screen is coded unfortunately.

Bummer. Oh well, keep it in mind for me [THUMBS UP SIGN]?[THUMBS UP SIGN]?[THUMBS UP SIGN]?

Best skin I've ever used bro, keep up the great work.
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fTV42