• 683(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2015-09-13, 17:25)lithiumdm Wrote:
(2015-09-13, 04:59)banananipple Wrote: Cannot get guidedata working properly for USTVNow despite enormous amounts of help from jctennis. Looks like you have to donate in order to access this feature

Works ok for me. Took me a while to get it to work, ended up using zap2xml.

I've done the exact same thing every different way possible. Generated an xmltv file, pointed PTVL to that file, all USTVNow channels are in this xmltv file but still it tells me no guidedata is available.

I've also tried it with webgrabplus, mc2xml and even creating my own but literally nothing works. Oh well, its not meant to work for me.
(2015-09-11, 22:32)lithiumdm Wrote:
(2015-09-11, 22:02)banananipple Wrote: Yeah so this definitely isn't as easy as you made it out to be. I've been at this all day and nothing has worked. Still no guide data and aside from PVR, the only options for XMLTV are ones that are "coming soon" that don't work. Am I supposed to move an XML file to the PTVL folder or USTVNow folder? Can you explain this a bit better?

Is there a simplified way of doing this? I'd really like to avoid reading a 682 page novel that is this thread just to maybe find an answer.

Did you set the XMLTV File Location under DVR in the Options?

Also this doesn't work.
Something got updated and now Pseudo TV Live I marked as incompatible. That's not good.
(2015-09-14, 06:57)jctennis Wrote: Something got updated and now Pseudo TV Live I marked as incompatible. That's not good.

Same here, says dependencies not met, any advice?
(2015-09-14, 07:12)gurdoman Wrote:
(2015-09-14, 06:57)jctennis Wrote: Something got updated and now Pseudo TV Live I marked as incompatible. That's not good.

Same here, says dependencies not met, any advice?

I made a backup of my addon_data/script.psuedotv.live folder and moved it to my desktop. Then I uninstalled PTVL and the export context. Then, I closed kodi and reinstalled both from Luna's repo and moved my settings back over.
Took me two days to realize nothing was broken.
It apparently updates channel 1. at startup, then adds and populates rest of the channels as background service.

Still something was broken after 0.6.7A update, but reinstall did the trick. Froze to channel update position. Left me to an impression that something was broken with channel updating as I could only see one channel. Didnt have the patience to wait ever the channels to start to fill. Smile

Works now.
Got the new Raspberry Pi 2 want to use PTVL which works better Openelec or OSMC ? or neither ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2015-09-17, 22:52)Rickt1962 Wrote: Got the new Raspberry Pi 2 want to use PTVL which works better Openelec or OSMC ? or neither ?
OPENelec runs faster but osmc allows for more options. It depends on your use case.
Is anyone having issues with XMLTV data pulled from MC2XML? I've found that ZAP2XML works excellently for XMLTV data, but MC2XML doesn't seem like it wants to play along with PTVL.
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
(2015-09-18, 07:37)ryanmcclure Wrote: Is anyone having issues with XMLTV data pulled from MC2XML? I've found that ZAP2XML works excellently for XMLTV data, but MC2XML doesn't seem like it wants to play along with PTVL.

I cant get ZAP2XML to work AT ALL and MC2XML gives me a 250mb xmltv file that PTVL take forever to parse, but it works. What site do you use with zap2xml? I cant get it to work. Running as admin doesnt help either. The little window pops up and instantly closes.
Can someone please help me, most of the times a channel plays hevc video Kodi freezes.

It only happens when you change to a channel playing an hevc video, if he channel is already loaded hevc video plays good.

Please help, it's really annoying to have Kodi freeze and shut itself down every time I change a channel and has a hevc video.
(2015-09-18, 08:11)RamboUnchained Wrote:
(2015-09-18, 07:37)ryanmcclure Wrote: Is anyone having issues with XMLTV data pulled from MC2XML? I've found that ZAP2XML works excellently for XMLTV data, but MC2XML doesn't seem like it wants to play along with PTVL.

I cant get ZAP2XML to work AT ALL and MC2XML gives me a 250mb xmltv file that PTVL take forever to parse, but it works. What site do you use with zap2xml? I cant get it to work. Running as admin doesnt help either. The little window pops up and instantly closes.

You have to go to Zap2it.com and open an account first. Then when you use zap2xml you have to use the following commands:
zap2xml.exe -u (user name) -p (password).
(2015-09-18, 12:47)ronvenema Wrote:
(2015-09-18, 08:11)RamboUnchained Wrote:

You have to go to Zap2it.com and open an account first. Then when you use zap2xml you have to use the following commands:
zap2xml.exe -u (user name) -p (password).

Got it working..I was using my username instead of my email address.
(2015-09-17, 22:55)jctennis Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 22:52)Rickt1962 Wrote: Got the new Raspberry Pi 2 want to use PTVL which works better Openelec or OSMC ? or neither ?
OPENelec runs faster but osmc allows for more options. It depends on your use case.

So you actually have PTVL running smoothly on Openelec ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes

I couldn't get MC2XML to work either, but ZAP2XML is working great for me too.
  • 683(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45