• 48(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
Thank you Bob.
Your explanation is excellent I must say Wink
My next question is not related to this addon but to Skinning, please forgive me as i am really getting nerves and seek for assistance Smile

Issue: Using dynamic ($VAR/ListItem) in colordiffuse inside a container

Container:
itemlayout/focuslayout image control:
Code:
<texture border="40" colordiffuse="$VAR[ButtonColor]">buttons/ButtonE0.png</texture>
or
Code:
<texture border="40" colordiffuse="$INFO[ListItem.Property(color)]">buttons/ButtonE0.png</texture>
diffuse turn empty on every attempt..

content:
item:
Code:
<property name="color">$INFO[Skin.String(color340)]</property>

Thanks again.
@finalmakerr, You can't use window properties or skin strings inside a container...
Thank you for your reply Marcel.
Good to know it's not possible, so i may start thinking about alternative ways now..
I manage to get it working without using the diffuse but then there are not as many colors options.

btw I am using your ColorPicker module which is really good to have, great work!
(2015-10-01, 19:48)finalmakerr Wrote: Thank you for your reply Marcel.

Good to know it's not possible, so i may start thinking about alternative ways now..

I manage to get it working without using the diffuse but then there are not as many colors options.

btw I am using your ColorPicker module which is really good to have, great work!

From what I remember you can't use a colordiffuse but you can include the color pngs provided by the color picker.... Something like special://home/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/colors/$INFO[skin.string(your color)].png
(2015-10-01, 19:58)marcelveldt Wrote: From what I remember you can't use a colordiffuse but you can include the color pngs provided by the color picker.... Something like special://home/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/colors/$INFO[skin.string(your color)].png

Is it possible to have the colour swatches that are included with the skin be copied to addon folder also?
This would ensure a single path whilst still being able to include pre-generated swatches with the skin.

Also, is it possible to have a swatch generated when creating a custom colour in the dialog?

EDIT: Just realised that this is shortcuts thread. Will post in helper thread. Smile
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hey.
When I'm trying to assign a shortcuts to a menu, that contains a "search" action in it, it pops up the keyboard, the fastest way to see what i'm talking about, is to try
creating a new menu for youtube search, youll need to navigate to video addons-youtube-search-"new search", and then when clicking the "new search" - it pops up a keyboard, then you need to ignore it, and continue with building the item, its working eventually, but should fixed in my opinion. thanks!
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Is it possible to use globaloverride in a way that it's will skip/ignore the actual action of any user customized button? For example:
Code:
<override action="globaloverride" group="mainmenu">
        <condition>Window.IsVisible(CustomHomeCustomizer.xml)</condition>
        <action>RunScript(script.htpt.smartbuttons,,?mode=501)</action>
    </override>

Edit: Solved.. the overrides.xml was in the wrong form so it's suddenly didn't function at all..
(2015-10-02, 14:53)tomer953 Wrote: Hey.
When I'm trying to assign a shortcuts to a menu, that contains a "search" action in it, it pops up the keyboard, the fastest way to see what i'm talking about, is to try
creating a new menu for youtube search, youll need to navigate to video addons-youtube-search-"new search", and then when clicking the "new search" - it pops up a keyboard, then you need to ignore it, and continue with building the item, its working eventually, but should fixed in my opinion. thanks!

I'm not aware that there is anything that can be done about it, as the keyboard is being displayed by the add-on in question (Youtube, in this case) and not Skin Shortcuts. All this script does is request the plugin contents via the Json command "Files.GetDirectory". What the plugin returns, and anything its code displays whilst generating that, is up to the plugin.
(2015-10-02, 15:13)finalmakerr Wrote: Is it possible to use globaloverride in a way that it's will skip/ignore the actual action of any user customized button? For example:
Code:
<override action="globaloverride" group="mainmenu">
        <condition>Window.IsVisible(CustomHomeCustomizer.xml)</condition>
        <action>RunScript(script.htpt.smartbuttons,,?mode=501)</action>
    </override>

Edit: Solved.. the overrides.xml was in the wrong form so it's suddenly didn't function at all..

Those who know me well will tell you just how much I love seeing the incredibly inventive ways skinners come up with to work around limitations with both this script and with the skinning engine, as well as how much goodwill I have towards those who push the boundaries of what is possible. You're clearly pushing what has been done so far with managing menus, and I can't wait to see what you're cooking up. And, whilst from what you've said my feeling is you'll find it difficult to bend the Skin Shortcuts script to your will, once I have time for coding again I'll be very happy to make minor improvements to the script that might hopefully get you nearer to what you want to achieve. (Though I worry that what you want to do would require major changes!)

In regards to this particular issue, Skin Shortcuts own debugging - which can be enabled from its settings - will write to the debug log if the overrides file can't be loaded, and can be very helpful whilst debugging issues.
Thank you Bob.
You have done so much for us, please don't push yourself unless you really want to Smile
Believe me when I say I won't.

As I say, I'm always happy to make minor changes for those I have goodwill towards. For the record, for me to make major changes/improvements for those who haven't gained that goodwill from me requires - aside from me having the time - one of three things:-

1. It's a feature I'll use
  2. It's something that will dramatically improve the script
  3. It's an interesting idea - I can't resist these Wink

You're changes indirectly proposed so far definitely come under the 'have goodwill', and are bordering on the 'interesting idea' Wink
Thanks Bob.

Yesterday i added a move feature in my Skin!
I select the item to be moved then select the replacement button on real time which look exactly like the home screen.

I have another request which is the only one i care about atm.

Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=shortcuts&amp;group=mainmenu)</onclick>
What i want to do is using only the shortcuts type feature in order to set a skin string, that's all.
I believe it's quite easy to do and will increase the use of this addon by far as skinners will be able to start using it with no hassle!
@finalmaker You already can. Look at the "just select" method (pretty sure that's what it's called irc)
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Great! thank you jurialmunkey Wink
I plan to test it next week but reading the description txt file and having a doubt regarding the showNone option:

Having default buttons and using the None will remove the string then the action will be skin default (my chosen default) and not really None! So for common users can I simply change the None label to Default?

This addon is too good to be true!
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8