• 14(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
Hi guys,

I have a custom CCM build. I really like the menu and settings fonts that it has, compared to the default fonts which are thicker, bolder, etc.

Can someone please let me know how or where on the guisettings.xml file I can find out what font/size is being used? When I open this file... it HUGE!
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2
(2015-09-12, 16:02)trogggy Wrote: Depending how similar it is you could try editing your guisettings.xml - use the search function in notepad++ to substitute xconfluence for CCM. Probably won't be perfect as the skins aren't identical, but it should (if it works) give you most of your setup.
Backing up guisettings.xml first would be a (very) good idea.

I currently have CCM Helix and have spent tons of hours customizing it. Now that OpenELEC 6 is officially out, I will probably be upgrading to Isengard and also switch to Xonfluence. That said, I would like to transfer my settings using above tip. I just want to be sure I do it correctly. Are these the proper steps?

1. Add Helly repo and install Xonfluence.
2. Switch skins to Xonfluence.
3. Make 1 copy of guisettings.xml file as backup only
4. Make 1 copy of guisettings.xml file that will be edited in notepad++
5. Open guisettings.xml file in notepad++ and substitute xconfluence for CCM.
6. Save changes
7. Put guisettings.xml back in /userdata
8. Reboot Kodi

OR SHOULD STEP #1 BE COPYING GUISETTINGS.XML, EVEN BEFORE INSTALLING XONFLUENCE?

Also, at what step do I remove CCM Helix from system?
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
Hello, I have been running the stock Confluence skin and have just switched to Xonfluence which I must admit is much better.
I cannot seem to find a way to display the 5 addon shortcuts on my homescreen for videos,programs etc that were on the original.
Can someone please give me an idiots guide ?
(2015-11-01, 19:33)pepepe Wrote: Could you change or tell me how to change the SYSTEM [info stats bar] to show the external IP address (VPN ip) instead of the Internal IP?
Sorry if this is a re-post as you may have missed the previous one..
Thanks for the latest update.

Hi,

I had a look at your question, but it is not easy to display an external IP address. For displaying your local IP address there is an infolabel in kodi and it can be requested quite easy from your os. The external Ip address is behind your router and your os doesn't have knowledge about it. If you want to show it, you need to do it via a website that returns the external IP address or maybe via your router. You need to make a script or addon for it. That is too much of an effort to do and maintain for this skin. I'm sorry about it.

Helly.
(2015-11-03, 14:47)Robotica Wrote: This skin is getting pretty awesome! Thanks for all your work. I'll just continue giving feedback and ofc I don't mind if you choose to not implement some of it.

My latest feedback:
<return>OSD</return> and <enter>OSD</enter> in keymap.xml are lost and replaced by <rotate>. This breaks pictureOSD. And
2 options I miss from CCM Helix: Media certification country, default focused menu item. And for those using Openelec, a conditionally Openelec setting would be great.

And now there is a new Confluence-clone called Zeitgeist; it's really fast (3.5 mb textures by default) and has a much better organised skin settings menu. I think a skin settings cleanup would really help this skin too; remove some unneeded settings and group them.

I also would like to suggest to look at e.g. Rapier shutdown menu. It's much more descriptive than current. A bug is that favorites dialog doesn't get a scrollbar.

Hi Robotica,

Thanks again for your remarks. I'll check your questions later on. About the keymap.xml, xonfluence copies 'Xonfluence.xml' to your keymaps folder. This file contains the correct settings for the PictureOSD. 'OSD' will not work because the picture osd is no regular OSD in kodi like VideoOSD or MusicOSD. I would remove settings to these keys in other keymaps files, as I don't know which one kodi will take if keys are set at different places.

If 'Xonfluence.xml' is not copied correctly to your keymaps folder, you can copy it yourself from skin.xonfluence/scripts to .kodi/userdata/keymaps.

Helly.
(2015-11-06, 04:41)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2015-09-12, 16:02)trogggy Wrote: Depending how similar it is you could try editing your guisettings.xml - use the search function in notepad++ to substitute xconfluence for CCM. Probably won't be perfect as the skins aren't identical, but it should (if it works) give you most of your setup.
Backing up guisettings.xml first would be a (very) good idea.

I currently have CCM Helix and have spent tons of hours customizing it. Now that OpenELEC 6 is officially out, I will probably be upgrading to Isengard and also switch to Xonfluence. That said, I would like to transfer my settings using above tip. I just want to be sure I do it correctly. Are these the proper steps?

1. Add Helly repo and install Xonfluence.
2. Switch skins to Xonfluence.
3. Make 1 copy of guisettings.xml file as backup only
4. Make 1 copy of guisettings.xml file that will be edited in notepad++
5. Open guisettings.xml file in notepad++ and substitute xconfluence for CCM.
6. Save changes
7. Put guisettings.xml back in /userdata
8. Reboot Kodi

OR SHOULD STEP #1 BE COPYING GUISETTINGS.XML, EVEN BEFORE INSTALLING XONFLUENCE?

Also, at what step do I remove CCM Helix from system?

Hi Newbie,

Your description will probably work for the first version of xonfluence, but later versions have new settings that might give issues doing it this way.
I would suggest the following steps.
1) make a backup copy of your guisettings.xml file. Call it e.g. guisettings.original
2) make another copy that you can use as your working file. Call it e.g. guisettings.xonfluence
3) find all settings in the '<skinsettings>' section that start with the name 'skin.ccm.helix.' and copy them to a temporary file. Take care that the settings are placed at 2 parts of the file and that all settings are copied.
4) now replace 'skin.ccm.helix.' by 'skin.xonfluence.' in this temporary file.
5) copy all contents from the temporary file to the '<skinsettings>' section in guisettings.xonfluence and save this file.
6) close kodi (kodi should not be running for the next step).
7) copy guisettings.xonfluence to guisettings.xml
8) start kodi again (or reboot your system)
9) now xonfluence can be installed safely and all settings that were present in ccm.helix are now set accordingly in xonfluence
10) you may remove ccm.helix now.

I'm sorry it's rather complicated. Should get easier in Jarvis as every skin gets its own settings file from this version.

Helly.
(2015-11-06, 12:48)cslogg Wrote: Hello, I have been running the stock Confluence skin and have just switched to Xonfluence which I must admit is much better.
I cannot seem to find a way to display the 5 addon shortcuts on my homescreen for videos,programs etc that were on the original.

Hi,

Thanks for liking my skin.

I don't know exactly what you mean by your 5 addon shortcuts. Can your explain it in a little more detail or send me some screenshots. Then I may be able to help you.

Helly.
(2015-11-06, 13:41)Helly1206 Wrote: Hi Newbie,

Your description will probably work for the first version of xonfluence, but later versions have new settings that might give issues doing it this way.
1) make a backup copy of your guisettings.xml file. Call it e.g. guisettings.original
2) make another copy that you can use as your working file. Call it e.g. guisettings.xonfluence
3) find all settings in the '<skinsettings>' section that start with the name 'skin.ccm.helix.' and copy them to a temporary file. Take care that the settings are placed at 2 parts of the file and that all settings are copied.
5) copy all contents from the temporary file to the '<skinsettings>' section in guisettings.xonfluence and save this file.
9) now xonfluence can be installed safely and all settings that were present in ccm.helix are now set accordingly in xonfluence

I'm sorry it's rather complicated. Should get easier in Jarvis as every skin gets its own settings file from this version.

Helly.

Hi, your instructions are perfect and not difficult at all. Thank you!

I was able to follow all steps, except for the most important one - copying the modified guisettings.xml over to Kodi. Unfortunately, I'm having issues doing this, as I cannot shut down Kodi to perform this crucial step, because I am running OpenElec. Every time I try replacing the file, after reboot, the original xml is back.

Do you happen to know how I can go about doing this in Openelec 6 (Kodi 15.2)? Is this a new feature in Isengard? I used to be able to replace guisettings.xml file when I was in Openelec 5.0.8 ( Kodi 14.2)
Silly question -

Is there a way to add the repo directly to Kodi? Or would I have to download the zip externally and move it over to my device (Nvidia Shield)

Thank you
(2015-11-06, 21:50)strayD Wrote: Silly question -

Is there a way to add the repo directly to Kodi? Or would I have to download the zip externally and move it over to my device (Nvidia Shield)

Thank you

I don't know if there is a source that you can add. I had to manually download the repo.zip and transfer it over to my system. And even after installing the repo, I could not install the skin because whenever I would go to helly repo/skin/... this was empty. It wouldn't show me Xonfluence. (even after updating and restarting system)

So my only option to install the skin was to download the master.zip.
(2015-11-06, 22:01)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 21:50)strayD Wrote: Silly question -

Thank you

I don't know if there is a source that you can add. I had to manually download the repo.zip and transfer it over to my system. And even after installing the repo, I could not install the skin because whenever I would go to helly repo/skin/... this was empty. It wouldn't show me Xonfluence. (even after updating and restarting system)

Thanks for the reply, has anyone else had better luck than us?
(2015-11-06, 12:48)cslogg Wrote: Hello, I have been running the stock Confluence skin and have just switched to Xonfluence which I must admit is much better.

Go to skin settings - add-on shortcuts section and create your user friendly names for each section on your home page, such as pictures, videos, programs, etc. Then click on each number 1-7 for each section and add your favorite add-ons. Now, still in skin settings, go back to Home Menu and for each menu item click "Add-on set" and choose the corresponding add-on set you created earlier...pictures add-on set for pictures section and so on.
Hi Helly, i have created my own splash screen for Kodi, i duplicated the file and renamed it startup.jog and put it in background folder of skin, when I start kodi it shows my new splash then it shows a sealed version of it (my startup.jpg).

Is it possible to stop it scalling the image or turn the startup image off?? the original confluence skin showstopper splash then goes straight to menu.

I tried removing the startup image but it just gives me a black screen for about 10 seconds, i also tried removing the code from startup.xml but that didn't make a difference
(2015-11-06, 21:34)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 13:41)Helly1206 Wrote: Hi Newbie,

Helly.

Hi, your instructions are perfect and not difficult at all. Thank you!

I was able to follow all steps, except for the most important one - copying the modified guisettings.xml over to Kodi. Unfortunately, I'm having issues doing this, as I cannot shut down Kodi to perform this crucial step, because I am running OpenElec. Every time I try replacing the file, after reboot, the original xml is back.

Do you happen to know how I can go about doing this in Openelec 6 (Kodi 15.2)? Is this a new feature in Isengard? I used to be able to replace guisettings.xml file when I was in Openelec 5.0.8 ( Kodi 14.2)

I reached out in the OpenELEC forums and they showed me how to do this. I now have Xonfluence installed with all my configuration from CCM Helix transferred over! Thank you.
(2015-11-06, 22:01)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: I don't know if there is a source that you can add. I had to manually download the repo.zip and transfer it over to my system. And even after installing the repo, I could not install the skin because whenever I would go to helly repo/skin/... this was empty. It wouldn't show me Xonfluence. (even after updating and restarting system)

Helly,

Can you please confirm if Xonfluence is compatible with OpenELEC 6 (Kodi 15.2)? I was not able to install Xonfluence using the repo. The only way was using the manual master.zip. What makes me question the compatibility is that although the skin is working fine, when I go to system/settings/addons/install from repo/Hellyrepo/Skin/ Xonfluence shows as being "Incompatible" instead of "enabled"

error message "add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met. Please contact addon-on author."
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13