• 49(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Hi Scott,

I can't get the slides.xml files to work. I have quite a few slides packs that I acquired over the years and they all use different naming schemes. I had slides.xml's that fit each in their respective folders and they worked in cinema experience.

But cinema vision does not seem to accept anything I tried and treats all question and answer slides as individual slides.

For instance I have a pack with naming scheme CokeCount1a.jpg for questions and CokeCount1b.jpg as the answer. My xml has the following:

Code:
<slides>
    <slide>
        <question format="CokeCount([0-9]{1,3})a\.jpg" />
        <clue format="CokeCount([0-9]{1,3})c\.jpg" />
        <answer format="CokeCount([0-9]{1,3})b\.jpg" />
    </slide>
</slides>

What is a correct format for the xml?

Thanks
(2015-11-08, 00:08)wints Wrote: Hi I had the same problem but was using emby for kodi addon and needed to do a fresh re-scrape of my data base don't know if it's something similar for you

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it did not work for me. I will have a closer look to see what I am missing later.
Pro tip - I've found that video bumpers set to an arbitrary directory to play say a cartoon or short are a bit wonky. This isn't a problem (at least for people running Macs or Linux) - merely create a file alias and move the alias(es) into the CinemaVision video bumpers directory for short films.
Hello, does anybody have a source for cool countdown intros?
My main feature fails to play. I'm using "ace" skin modified to work with cinema vision instead of Cinema Exerperience. I click "info" then "cinema ex" (with the path to the Cinema Vision script).

http://pastebin.com/nf1XSfck

Audio trailers work fine as do previews. I did remove old parts of the log as it had login credentials that I didn't want on pastebin. What's posted should be sufficient.
(2015-11-09, 13:59)moravec Wrote: Hello, does anybody have a source for cool countdown intros?

Here's one link:

http://cinemavision.tv/files/file/194-fi...sfx-1080p/

There's a few more countdown ones here:

http://www.demo-world.eu/2d-demo-trailers-hd/
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2015-11-07, 08:33)minscof Wrote: Cinemavision is great. I use the advanced launcher with confluence skin. My sequence is very simple : one random audio bumper, one trailer , one countdown.

These 3 steps perform well, but then cinemavion fails to launch the movie

Here is the debug log http://xbmclogs.com/ptsowtne8. I use openelec V6 on a raspberry PI model B. I had the same problem with the previous version of openelec.

Thanks for your help.

Hey there! XBMCLogs doesn't seem to think your log exists. Can you post it up again for us?

(2015-11-07, 09:38)kemuri Wrote: OK, here's my experience. On my laptop - with the setup described by Scott - everything works fine. Both trailer and audio bumper intro plays as it has to. Now rPi model B 512: same setup, CV folder path on SD card = only trailer, no audio bumper intro. Tried to change CV content path to smb location = same. No intro, only trailer. I have the files copied to correct folders, as i mentioned with my laptop works great. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Edit: It works now normally after i did a reboot on my Pi. Dont know what the trouble was.

Weird, but I'm glad it's working now. Big Grin

(2015-11-07, 13:30)sl4ppy Wrote: I installed and did the initial setup of directories, etc, but get the following error when I try to launch. I have uninstalled and re-installed CinemaVision several times. :/

Code:
05:28:14 T:10932  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API): Rating Systems:
05:28:14 T:10932  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):   MPAA: [NR, G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17]
05:28:14 T:10932  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):   FSK: [18, 16, 12, 6, 0]
05:28:14 T:10932  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):   DEJUS: [18 Anos, 16 Anos, 14 Anos, 12 Anos, 10 Anos, Livre]
05:28:14 T:10932  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):   BBFC: [R18, 18, 15, 12, 12A, PG, U, Uc]
05:28:14 T:10932  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -]: FIRST RUN
05:28:14 T:10932   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'xml.etree.ElementTree.ParseError'>
                                            Error Contents: no element found: line 1, column 0
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\<snip>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\addon.py", line 18, in <module>
                                                player.begin()
                                              File "C:\Users\<snip>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\player.py", line 67, in begin
                                                e.start(seqPath)
                                              File "C:\Users\<snip>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\experience.py", line 886, in start
                                                return self._start(sequence_path)
                                              File "C:\Users\<snip>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\experience.py", line 896, in _start
                                                self.processor = cinemavision.sequenceprocessor.SequenceProcessor(sequence_path, content_path=cvutil.getContentPath())
                                              File "C:\Users\<snip>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequenceprocessor.py", line 1156, in __init__
                                                self.loadSequence(sequence_path)
                                              File "C:\Users\<snip>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequenceprocessor.py", line 1250, in loadSequence
                                                self.sequence = sequence.loadSequence(sequence_path)
                                              File "C:\Users\<snip>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequence.py", line 1047, in loadSequence
                                                return getItemsFromString(dstring)
                                              File "C:\Users\<snip>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequence.py", line 1039, in getItemsFromString
                                                return getItemsFromXMLString(dstring)
                                              File "C:\Users\<snip>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\lib\cinemavision\sequence.py", line 1019, in getItemsFromXMLString
                                                e = ET.fromstring(dstring)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1301, in XML
                                                return parser.close()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1654, in close
                                                self._raiseerror(v)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1506, in _raiseerror
                                                raise err
                                            ParseError: no element found: line 1, column 0
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

EDIT: I finally got it working. I had to create and save a new sequence with the sequence editor. The default one was invalid or something?

We're going to add some error logging to the next point release. When you see CinemaVision update to 1.0.2, can I get a full log from you with debug logging turned on in the CinemaVision add-on configuration? This is pretty helpful, but we want to be sure we have everything we could possibly need to fix the error.

(2015-11-08, 00:00)NewMedia Wrote: This is a great add on! I have not been able to touch my theater system and Kodi in a while (work) but good to see all these new developments happening. The custom modules are good and have been designed well. The skin I use has integrated CV so I have just set everything up and it works perfectly, except that the movie does not play after the sequence is finished, just returns back to the normal screen. I feel like I am missing the blatantly obvious here but not sure what exactly it is, but does anyone have an idea as to why it does not play automatically after the sequence is finished?

Hey, thanks! We're pretty proud of it. Big Grin Can I get a log from you with debug logging turned on in the CinemaVision add-on configuration? It may also help if you post up your sequence file so we can see what's up. I have a suspicion, but want to be sure before I send you on a wild goose chase.

(2015-11-08, 02:13)leejk Wrote: Hi, is there a setting in that skin to enable the pop up suppression? I still see the brief pop up in between loading movie trailers, and also the occasional culyrics pop up.

Thx

I'm not sure the pop-up suppression was added. That's relatively new. The instructions to do it are on the first page of this thread. You'll want to be sure to only suppress pop-ups while CinemaVision is active. I'll reach out to Marcos and see if it's in there, and lobby to add it if it's not. Wink

(2015-11-08, 03:25)dchabby Wrote: I may have missed something simple but I installed the addon and it worked fine in demo mode but once I added the content path in nothing works other than playing 2 trailers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you have updated content so that CinemaVision catalogs all of the content you have stored. There's an option in the CinemaVision add-on configuration, and you can set it to auto-update every time you launch the sequence editor as well. When we develop and release the CinemaVision Service Add-on, the plan is to have content auto-update without any user interaction if you want it to.

(2015-11-08, 04:54)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 17:53)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-11-05, 14:57)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Audio bumpers still not working for me : (

Literally everything else is! I have re-downloaded the audio files from your website, Scott. Log says "file unplayable" as per previous post. No idea why this is. When I manually select the file it plays flawlessly.

Can I talk you into posting a log after reproducing the issue with Audio Format Bumpers?

You can find my log here: http://www.xbmclogs.com/p5h4drjc5

I think it is some sort of caching problem. If you have a look at the log you will find this line:

Quote:ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 1, path [smb://NASDDB2A8/Multimedia/XBMC/Media/Cinema Vision/Audio Format Bumpers/DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS - SFX.m2ts]

Thing is, I don't even have this file in my setup anymore! I have downloaded the mp4 version of the same file off your website and replaced it in the DTS HD folder. But CV still assumes the old (corrupted) file needs to be played back. How do I get around this? Update Content Path in CV settings does not make a difference.

I had also tried to uninstall the add-on entirely. But to my surprise, when I downloaded the app again to set things up from scratch my old options were still there! I think I need to flush my cache somehow. I am on Openelec.

Make sure your SMB share has been added as a source in the Kodi File Manager, and not just as a video source. The instructions to do that are under the CONFIGURATION heading in this post. We've seen Kodi do some weird things when that's not done, including what you're seeing here.

As for the file that doesn't exist, make sure you've updated your CinemaVision content so it removes files that don't exist anymore, and adds new files. You'll want to do this any time you add or remove content from the CinemaVision content directories. We have plans to make that automatic, but we're not there just yet. Personally, I'm not sure how OpenELEC works, but there is an option to reset the CinemaVision database in the CinemaVision add-on configuration. I don't think you need to go that far. I think a content update will fix the issue. Let me know how it goes.

(2015-11-08, 08:52)aptalca Wrote: Hi Scott,

I can't get the slides.xml files to work. I have quite a few slides packs that I acquired over the years and they all use different naming schemes. I had slides.xml's that fit each in their respective folders and they worked in cinema experience.

But cinema vision does not seem to accept anything I tried and treats all question and answer slides as individual slides.

For instance I have a pack with naming scheme CokeCount1a.jpg for questions and CokeCount1b.jpg as the answer. My xml has the following:

Code:
<slides>
    <slide>
        <question format="CokeCount([0-9]{1,3})a\.jpg" />
        <clue format="CokeCount([0-9]{1,3})c\.jpg" />
        <answer format="CokeCount([0-9]{1,3})b\.jpg" />
    </slide>
</slides>

What is a correct format for the xml?

Thanks

You'll find the default format for the XML file at the bottom of this post on the first page. From the look of your XML file, it might be easier for you to do a batch rename of the files. For example, replace c.jpg with _c.jpg. If you're running Windows, here's a nifty PowerShell script that I use to rename strings in file names that will help you automate the process:

Code:
Dir |
Rename-Item -NewName { $_.Name -replace "Replace This","With This" }

To use the above, create a text file and change the extension to PS1 instead of TXT. Copy the PowerShell script into the directory you want to process, change the variables to match what you want to replace, and then execute the script.

(2015-11-08, 13:08)NewMedia Wrote:
(2015-11-08, 00:08)wints Wrote: Hi I had the same problem but was using emby for kodi addon and needed to do a fresh re-scrape of my data base don't know if it's something similar for you

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it did not work for me. I will have a closer look to see what I am missing later.

Post up a log with debug logging enabled in the CinemaVision add-on configuration. The log should help us figure out what's going on.

(2015-11-08, 19:47)mysteron09 Wrote: Pro tip - I've found that video bumpers set to an arbitrary directory to play say a cartoon or short are a bit wonky. This isn't a problem (at least for people running Macs or Linux) - merely create a file alias and move the alias(es) into the CinemaVision video bumpers directory for short films.

Good tip! If you think it's a bug, enable debug logging and shoot us a log of you updating content with everything in the proper place. I'm curious what you're seeing.

(2015-11-09, 13:59)moravec Wrote: Hello, does anybody have a source for cool countdown intros?

You should go here!

(2015-11-09, 16:54)mstang1988 Wrote: My main feature fails to play. I'm using "ace" skin modified to work with cinema vision instead of Cinema Exerperience. I click "info" then "cinema ex" (with the path to the Cinema Vision script).

http://pastebin.com/nf1XSfck

Audio trailers work fine as do previews. I did remove old parts of the log as it had login credentials that I didn't want on pastebin. What's posted should be sufficient.

We're going to add some more logging into the next release. You're not the only person seeing this error, but why it's happening doesn't appear to make sense. When you see 1.0.2 download, send us a log file with debug logging enabled in the CinemaVision add-on settings so that we can review it.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Quote:Cinemavision is great. I use the advanced launcher with confluence skin. My sequence is very simple : one random audio bumper, one trailer , one countdown.

These 3 steps perform well, but then cinemavion fails to launch the movie

Here is the debug log http://xbmclogs.com/ptsowtne8. I use openelec V6 on a raspberry PI model B. I had the same problem with the previous version of openelec.

Thanks for your help.

Quote:Hey there! XBMCLogs doesn't seem to think your log exists. Can you post it up again for us?
Here is the debug log http://xbmclogs.com/phmzzzbps . I hope it will be ok this time.
(2015-11-08, 00:00)NewMedia Wrote: This is a great add on! I have not been able to touch my theater system and Kodi in a while (work) but good to see all these new developments happening. The custom modules are good and have been designed well. The skin I use has integrated CV so I have just set everything up and it works perfectly, except that the movie does not play after the sequence is finished, just returns back to the normal screen. I feel like I am missing the blatantly obvious here but not sure what exactly it is, but does anyone have an idea as to why it does not play automatically after the sequence is finished?

Hey, thanks! We're pretty proud of it. Big Grin Can I get a log from you with debug logging turned on in the CinemaVision add-on configuration? It may also help if you post up your sequence file so we can see what's up. I have a suspicion, but want to be sure before I send you on a wild goose chase.

I have posted the log > http://pastebin.com/6UfSBqJQ
(2015-11-09, 20:29)minscof Wrote: Here is the debug log http://xbmclogs.com/phmzzzbps . I hope it will be ok this time.

That worked, thanks! So it doesn't look like CinemaVision sees the feature you're trying to play. Is this for a movie scraped locally into your Kodi library, or something from a streaming source? Here's what I see in the log:

Code:
FEATURE [ 'Feature Stub' ]:
   Path: u'/storage/.kodi/addons/script.cinemavision/resources/videos/script.cinemavision.feature_stub.mp4'
   Rating: (MPAA:PG-13)
   Genres:
   3D: No
   Audio: Dolby Digital

CinemaVision will only play the Feature Stub when there is no feature passed into the add-on. We currently don't have a way to support streaming content, because we rely too heavily on the information from the Kodi database to put together the sequence. If this is for a movie that's scraped locally into your Kodi database, try playing it normally via Kodi, then try playing it with CinemaVision then posting a debug log. I'd be curious what's failing here, because the add-on seems to be functioning normally.

(2015-11-09, 22:02)NewMedia Wrote: I have posted the log > http://pastebin.com/6UfSBqJQ

Thanks for that! Was the feature you were trying to watch American Sniper? In looking through your sequence, I don't see a Feature module. Do you have one in your sequence? If not, add that and you should be good. If so - that's not supposed to happen. Huh

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2015-11-09, 22:53)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-11-09, 20:29)minscof Wrote: Here is the debug log http://xbmclogs.com/phmzzzbps . I hope it will be ok this time.

That worked, thanks! So it doesn't look like CinemaVision sees the feature you're trying to play. Is this for a movie scraped locally into your Kodi library, or something from a streaming source? Here's what I see in the log:

Code:
   Path: u'/storage/.kodi/addons/script.cinemavision/resources/videos/script.cinemavision.feature_stub.mp4'
   Genres:

CinemaVision will only play the Feature Stub when there is no feature passed into the add-on. We currently don't have a way to support streaming content, because we rely too heavily on the information from the Kodi database to put together the sequence. If this is for a movie that's scraped locally into your Kodi database, try playing it normally via Kodi, then try playing it with CinemaVision then posting a debug log. I'd be curious what's failing here, because the add-on seems to be functioning normally.

(2015-11-09, 22:02)NewMedia Wrote: I have posted the log > http://pastebin.com/6UfSBqJQ

Thanks for that! Was the feature you were trying to watch American Sniper? In looking through your sequence, I don't see a Feature module. Do you have one in your sequence? If not, add that and you should be good. If so - that's not supposed to happen. Huh

Yes, it worked! I knew it was something obvious (clearly not to me). I misunderstood the purpose of the feature module.Thanks for your help!
(2015-11-09, 23:49)NewMedia Wrote: Yes, it worked! I knew it was something obvious (clearly not to me). I misunderstood the purpose of the feature module.Thanks for your help!

Great to hear! We'll put some thought into what we can do to make that less confusing. Smile

(2015-11-09, 22:53)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:

Code:
   Genres:

Ok , it was a local movie not a streaming content, but I forgot to add a feature in my sequence. I believed, it was not necessary if you want to play the movie at the end of the sequence.

I added a feature and now everything is ok.
Thank you for your help, and for your very good addon.
Quick Question. With Aeon mq6 released they "support" cinema vision in the skin. Although when you click the movie and choose cinema vision, the output of cinema vision says there is no features to play. So do i need to modify the skin or plugin to get this to work.
(2015-11-10, 00:27)minscof Wrote: Ok , it was a local movie not a streaming content, but I forgot to add a feature in my sequence. I believed, it was not necessary if you want to play the movie at the end of the sequence.

I added a feature and now everything is ok.
Thank you for your help, and for your very good addon.

Ah! I'll try to make that more clear.

(2015-11-10, 08:09)thekow Wrote: Quick Question. With Aeon mq6 released they "support" cinema vision in the skin. Although when you click the movie and choose cinema vision, the output of cinema vision says there is no features to play. So do i need to modify the skin or plugin to get this to work.

I'm not sure what could be happening without a log, but you shouldn't have to modify anything at all.

• 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5