• 205(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2016-02-18, 22:21)BeGendy Wrote: /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client

How can I edit that file on RP2? can I use putty? I'm using openelec

cd ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client

I checked my RPi2 (slightly different path) and that looks like directory not a file, these are the files below....

__init__.py __init__.pyo login_client.py login_client.pyo youtube.py youtube.pyo
(2016-02-18, 22:12)parker.hugh Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 14:52)ntdrt Wrote: I just made quick fix based on random pooling of credentials. Not really a good solution but it will solve problem for now.

Source: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video.youtube
ZIP: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video...5.1.17.zip

Installation - install from zip or replace files directly in addons folder. Then just logout from youtube and log back. If there was still issue with quota/unknown kind then logout and login again. Every login a random credentials are chosen/propably new pool is chosen.
Thanks for making the 5.1.17 zip. I have followed your instructions by logout and login again but it didn't work for me. Tried twice but same result. Does anyone have any advice/tips on how I can get this to work. Thanks again for your help.

I did this on three machines and it worked first time on each one. After you installed 5.1.17, logged out and pressed login, did it generate 2 activation codes for youtube.com/activate ?
(2016-02-18, 22:41)blueribb Wrote: I did this on three machines and it worked first time on each one. After you installed 5.1.17, logged out and pressed login, did it generate 2 activation codes for youtube.com/activate ?

Yes, i was asked to generate 2 activation codes for youtube.com/activate
thank you it works! mine is slightly different, instead of

/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client

it at

/home/pi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client
Try deleting the $KODI/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube directory. that would keep all your settings in there so it would act like it had never ran before.

$KODI being where ever your kodi's profile directory is.

Jeff

(2016-02-18, 22:12)parker.hugh Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 14:52)ntdrt Wrote: I just made quick fix based on random pooling of credentials. Not really a good solution but it will solve problem for now.

Source: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video.youtube
ZIP: https://github.com/kolinger/plugin.video...5.1.17.zip

Installation - install from zip or replace files directly in addons folder. Then just logout from youtube and log back. If there was still issue with quota/unknown kind then logout and login again. Every login a random credentials are chosen/propably new pool is chosen.
Thanks for making the 5.1.17 zip. I have followed your instructions by logout and login again but it didn't work for me. Tried twice but same result. Does anyone have any advice/tips on how I can get this to work. Thanks again for your help.
(2016-02-18, 22:55)jdf76 Wrote: Try deleting the $KODI/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube directory. that would keep all your settings in there so it would act like it had never ran before.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for quick reply, I am testing this on OpenELEC on USB stick.

I found another folder with youtube name so deleted that also....

/media/hugh/Storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.youtube.dl
/media/hugh/Storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube

EDIT: I did the install from zip, navigate to 'plugin.video.youtube-5.1.17.zip' file and it installed ok

I then signed in but got same message again... Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown Kind"

Is there anything I have missed?
(2016-02-18, 23:26)parker.hugh Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 22:55)jdf76 Wrote: Try deleting the $KODI/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube directory. that would keep all your settings in there so it would act like it had never ran before.

Jeff

EDIT: I did the install from zip, navigate to 'plugin.video.youtube-5.1.17.zip' file and it installed ok

I then signed in but got same message again... Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown Kind"

make sure to make the changes below the right kodi version.

use the addons folder not the userdata
(2016-01-13, 01:57)activoice Wrote: Ok I think I got it working... someone else who has their's working should confirm that I've got this documented correctly...

Thanks. Works for me. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-02-18, 23:56)BeGendy Wrote: make sure to make the changes below the right kodi version.
Not sure what you mean ... below the right kodi version
(2016-02-18, 23:56)BeGendy Wrote: use the addons folder not the userdata

I removed both folders and did a fresh install, using Add-ons > install from zip file > plugin.video.youtube-5.1.17.zip

Is that the correct method? Thanks for your help on this, it's much appreciated.

Jeff

1) Log out
2) uninstall
3) delete folder
4) install
5) Do not start, go to Config Addon and click on Setup-Assistent, start Addon and do the Activation twice.

Everything will work fine if you do it this way.
(2016-02-19, 00:03)marriol123343 Wrote: 1) Log out
2) uninstall
3) delete folder
4) install
5) Do not start, go to Config Addon and click on Setup-Assistent, start Addon and do the Activation twice.

When I click on Add-ons > Enabled Add-ons > Video Add-ons > YouTube > context menu > Configure, I don't see Setup-Assistant anywhere, am I looking in right place>?
(2016-02-19, 00:10)parker.hugh Wrote: When I click on Add-ons > Enabled Add-ons > Video Add-ons > YouTube > context menu > Configure, I don't see Setup-Assistant anywhere, am I looking in right place>?

I think so, you have to go to the third category in Configure "advanced" and there is an option to run Setup-Assistant. Im running KODI on german language, sorry if you have other expressions, but setup assistant must be anyware and it is important for doing the new activation.
Greetings ladies and gentlepeoples! I'm new here and I've been using Kodi on my FireTV stick for almost a year without any issues until yesterday.

I've been all over the interwebz for a solution, but I haven't found one. The issue is with the youtube add-on. When I try to go to "subscriptions" I get "exceptions in ContentProvider Unknown kind"". This is rather frustrating. Any help is very much appreciated.
(2016-02-19, 00:57)Old Grey Beard Wrote: Greetings ladies and gentlepeoples! I'm new here and I've been using Kodi on my FireTV stick for almost a year without any issues until yesterday.

I've been all over the interwebz for a solution, but I haven't found one. The issue is with the youtube add-on. When I try to go to "subscriptions" I get "exceptions in ContentProvider Unknown kind"". This is rather frustrating. Any help is very much appreciated.

Read the last pages in this thread, you will find a solution ;-) (Load the fixed Version .17 and follow my steps)
(2016-02-19, 00:03)marriol123343 Wrote:

Jeff

1) Log out
2) uninstall
3) delete folder
4) install

4... do i need to install the youtube from the repository or this zip file?
  • 205(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20