• 38(current)
Release "iPlayer WWW" add-on
(2016-02-29, 18:19)PatrickJB Wrote: OK, tried that and strangely whatever rate I select they are all the same quality! Seems as if something has got stuck in my system. I'll play with it and get back to you if I get it to work, err or not! Oh and one thing I did notice it asks me at the bottom of the main page to "Sign out BBCiD" when I've never signed in, ever!

That is strange. Did you try turning off autoplay completely? You should get a list of streams for each channel with different bitrates in different colours.

Maybe try deleting your settings manually from userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.iplayerwww.

Just ignore the sign out button. I think it was put there to make it obvious you could sign out if you signed in. Adding buttons is tricky in Kodi.
(2016-02-29, 20:36)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 18:19)PatrickJB Wrote: OK, tried that and strangely whatever rate I select they are all the same quality! Seems as if something has got stuck in my system. I'll play with it and get back to you if I get it to work, err or not! Oh and one thing I did notice it asks me at the bottom of the main page to "Sign out BBCiD" when I've never signed in, ever!

That is strange. Did you try turning off autoplay completely? You should get a list of streams for each channel with different bitrates in different colours.

Maybe try deleting your settings manually from userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.iplayerwww.

Just ignore the sign out button. I think it was put there to make it obvious you could sign out if you signed in. Adding buttons is tricky in Kodi.

SORTED!!

OK guys, my fault, for some reason the internet access / bandwidth was really low! Not sure how that happened. Thanx for your patience but at least that's one thing to add to the trouble shooting guide!

And yes it's great in HD, I only watch the news and that's biased as we know but I'm one that's opted out of the license so it's the only way I get the BBC. Yes I'm not supposed to even watch it on the web but it's not my internet connection!! Wink

Thanx Prime, great addon, and sorry again!
Hi guys,

I have just installed the 2.1.0 from zip file and it works great, thanks!
Curiously, when looking at all available live streams (with disabled automatic settings), it only shows HLS streams from Akamai - is this intended?
Furthermore, with disabled automatic settings, the catch up streams don't come up as list of available streams at all - KODI directly switches
to the HD quality stream.

Just an observation.

Once again, fantastic work.

//m
(2016-03-01, 00:15)bluezone Wrote: Hi guys,

Curiously, when looking at all available live streams (with disabled automatic settings), it only shows HLS streams from Akamai - is this intended?
Furthermore, with disabled automatic settings, the catch up streams don't come up as list of available streams at all - KODI directly switches

Just an observation.

//m

I have only seen Akamai HLS streams so far from the new source too.

You should see a list of streams for catchup. I do. Try reseting your Settings with the Defaults button, something might be stuck.
Does anyone else get this behaviour?
All OK here. Only checked 'Death in Paradise' and have 11 stream options.
Not an even number because of one 2.4 Mbs stream.
Quick advance warning: HD Live TV streams will be back in 2.1.1 but the lower resolution streams probably will not play correctly until the next version. If you have low bandwidth and the Live TV streams won't play please consider backing up to 2.1.0.
(2016-03-01, 07:26)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 00:15)bluezone Wrote: Hi guys,

Just an observation.

//m

I have only seen Akamai HLS streams so far from the new source too.

You should see a list of streams for catchup. I do. Try reseting your Settings with the Defaults button, something might be stuck.
Does anyone else get this behaviour?
Restarted Kodi and all is working as expected. Can see selection of streams for both catch up and live.
Switching to automatic (fastest/any) correctly chooses the HD stream.

m
Can addon be made for http://www.bbc.com/nepali these video are not geo-restricted, and there are some other same format pages available for other ethnic groups like http://www.bbc.com/hindi , http://www.bbc.com/urdu etc.
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
(2016-02-28, 19:35)garynl Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 14:43)garynl Wrote:
(2016-02-27, 19:12)primaeval Wrote: @garynl and other expats: I've got international radio working but I need some non-UK beta testers. There is a new location setting in Radio that needs changing to International. Grab the zip from: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.video.iplayerwww
Beware: the quality is low for international users.

I'll try it out this evening (after the cup final) or tomorrow and let you know if I find anything

Hi,
ran a quick test but things didn't work. I have attached link to the kodi log on pastebin
Running on Raspberry PI2 / Openelec 6.01 / Kodi 15.2 /iplayer www 2.0.2 downloaded from github this afternoon
Tried to listen to the following:

Listen Live/
Radio 1 - No error but no sound
Radio 1Xtra - error "One of more items faied to play..."
Radio 2 - No error but no sound
Radio 3 - error "One of more items faied to play..."
Radio 4 FM - No error but no sound
Radio 4 LW - error "One of more items failed to play..."

http://pastebin.com/WYGa3d5u

Really appreciate you looking at this.
Gary

Back at home and just noticed that while the live audio doesn't work, the podcasts do.
(2016-03-02, 01:30)garynl Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 19:35)garynl Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 14:43)garynl Wrote: I'll try it out this evening (after the cup final) or tomorrow and let you know if I find anything

Hi,
ran a quick test but things didn't work. I have attached link to the kodi log on pastebin
Running on Raspberry PI2 / Openelec 6.01 / Kodi 15.2 /iplayer www 2.0.2 downloaded from github this afternoon
Tried to listen to the following:

Listen Live/
Radio 1 - No error but no sound
Radio 1Xtra - error "One of more items faied to play..."
Radio 2 - No error but no sound
Radio 3 - error "One of more items faied to play..."
Radio 4 FM - No error but no sound
Radio 4 LW - error "One of more items failed to play..."

http://pastebin.com/WYGa3d5u

Really appreciate you looking at this.
Gary

Back at home and just noticed that while the live audio doesn't work, the podcasts do.

Did you try turning "Play stream automatically using these settings" off in Settings\Streams? You should get a list of International and UK streams for each Radio channel. Let me know if any work for you.
(2016-03-02, 00:18)ykhehra1 Wrote: Can addon be made for http://www.bbc.com/nepali these video are not geo-restricted, and there are some other same format pages available for other ethnic groups like http://www.bbc.com/hindi , http://www.bbc.com/urdu etc.

We just scrape the iplayer and radio sites from http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer and http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio
I think the ethnic group programs are from another part of the BBC. I'll add a request at Github but I don't know if we can add it.
I've split the license fee & iPlayer changes discussion off into its own thread here in off-topic so that we don't derail the discussion about the add-on here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
And back on-topic - I've just had a thought, having left my daughter watching a programme on my Pi using this very add-on. Would it be possible, and would you be willing and able to make a parallel cut-down version as a Childrens iPlayer?

I'm thinking of something basically exactly the same as the main add-on, but only using CBBC and CBeebies as TV channel sources (for both live and archive) and similar on the radio side (CBeebies Radio, if there is any way to access it to stream?).

I'd say it's something that could be popular for we Kodi using parents to safely keep our rugrats occupied without worrying about them straying into unsuitable stuff.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-03-02, 21:23)DarrenHill Wrote: And back on-topic - I've just had a thought, having left my daughter watching a programme on my Pi using this very add-on. Would it be possible, and would you be willing and able to make a parallel cut-down version as a Childrens iPlayer?

I'm thinking of something basically exactly the same as the main add-on, but only using CBBC and CBeebies as TV channel sources (for both live and archive) and similar on the radio side (CBeebies Radio, if there is any way to access it to stream?).

I'd say it's something that could be popular for we Kodi using parents to safely keep our rugrats occupied without worrying about them straying into unsuitable stuff.

Making something like this is easy. Maintaining it is the real hard work. I will not start another add-on. I am barely able to keep this going with the help of fellow contributors. So my humble suggestion to you would be this: Go find somebody willing to maintain this and I'll be happy to help with cutting out everything that is not CBBC or CBeebies initially.
(2016-03-02, 21:23)DarrenHill Wrote: And back on-topic - I've just had a thought, having left my daughter watching a programme on my Pi using this very add-on. Would it be possible, and would you be willing and able to make a parallel cut-down version as a Childrens iPlayer?

I've got it set up so the red button on the remote control opens the favourites menu. There are links to the CBeebies and CBBC channels and categories. They open up in Thumbnail view. To make it even easier you could install Super Favourites and have them open from an Addon button on the main screen. They would open up in Thumbnail view like a cutdown iplayerwww addon.

I think if you then disable the iplayerwww addon it won't show up in the menu but the links to the Cbeebies part will. They might get to the main menu by pressing the up ".." item but my kids don't want to see boring adult programs anyway.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"iPlayer WWW" add-on12