• 12(current)
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
(2016-03-06, 21:15)Ed76 Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 19:13)phil65 Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 15:51)ilovethakush Wrote: But first thing first, and I have to be honest. The info screen during video playback is awful.

I agree, it's not up-to-par with the rest and will get reworked. OSD parts in general didnt get as much love yet as the rest did.

pity! the plot is exactly what i expect when i press the info key (for movies and pvr). i liked it very much, also that you can read the text very good. much better than confluence. maybe you can leave a option for easy access the plot.

Totally agree!
I didnt say that I will remove something, just that I will probably rework the look&feel of that dialog. Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2016-03-06, 21:31)Gregoire Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 21:15)Ed76 Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 19:13)phil65 Wrote: I agree, it's not up-to-par with the rest and will get reworked. OSD parts in general didnt get as much love yet as the rest did.

pity! the plot is exactly what i expect when i press the info key (for movies and pvr). i liked it very much, also that you can read the text very good. much better than confluence. maybe you can leave a option for easy access the plot.

Totally agree!

Info provides information. I don't see the problem with it. It could do with a little bit of a redesign, but the functions are what should be displayed there.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2016-03-06, 21:58)Piers Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 21:31)Gregoire Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 21:15)Ed76 Wrote: pity! the plot is exactly what i expect when i press the info key (for movies and pvr). i liked it very much, also that you can read the text very good. much better than confluence. maybe you can leave a option for easy access the plot.

Totally agree!

Info provides information. I don't see the problem with it. It could do with a little bit of a redesign, but the functions are what should be displayed there.

Okay. I actually meant something different although at first it sounds similar. When I select a movie, I can read the plot by selecting and clicking "read more..". This pops up in nice big letters which I like a lot. I've been searching for a way to access it directly (map a remote control key) but it proves a bit of a challenge for me. That's all.
(2016-03-06, 23:32)Gregoire Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 21:58)Piers Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 21:31)Gregoire Wrote: Totally agree!

Okay. I actually meant something different although at first it sounds similar. When I select a movie, I can read the plot by selecting and clicking "read more..". This pops up in nice big letters which I like a lot. I've been searching for a way to access it directly (map a remote control key) but it proves a bit of a challenge for me. That's all.

Why can't you just use DPAD to access it?

It's highly likely that I'll remove that part as it's not needed, moveinformation displays all the info and the plot is on the right. Having an additional button is clutter.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I'm guessing you're not going to add a horizontal menu, though would it be possible to use Confluence with Krypton?
(2016-03-07, 02:54)nooryani84 Wrote: I'm guessing you're not going to add a horizontal menu, though would it be possible to use Confluence with Krypton?
Confluence should be available on the official repository.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Cool. I quickly tried the new skin and it looks very nice! I would've liked to see the settings in a vertical list similar to Conflunence, or at least be given the option.
This looks great! Thanks to the devs for all the work on it.

I've encountered one glitch. In the TV / Recordings screens, there is the option to sort by date. However, "Descending" seems to be the only sort order available. It will not let me switch to "Ascending".

When viewing a list of episodes, I prefer to have them sorted by date, ascending. I assume that (like me) most users will watch the oldest episode first, and so would want that episode at the top of the list, with the newest at the bottom.

Can this option be added?
is anyone else having the problem, when playing something in tv shows/movies (library) folder if you stop the video playing the directory resets to the beginning then you need to scroll all the way down again to find what you are upto to play the next file? using latest nightly.
(2016-03-07, 05:55)richardk Wrote: This looks great! Thanks to the devs for all the work on it.

I've encountered one glitch. In the TV / Recordings screens, there is the option to sort by date. However, "Descending" seems to be the only sort order available. It will not let me switch to "Ascending".

When viewing a list of episodes, I prefer to have them sorted by date, ascending. I assume that (like me) most users will watch the oldest episode first, and so would want that episode at the top of the list, with the newest at the bottom.

Can this option be added?

Will be fixed for next skin sync, thx.
(2016-03-07, 02:54)nooryani84 Wrote: I'm guessing you're not going to add a horizontal menu, though would it be possible to use Confluence with Krypton?

The new skin is nice, but I would also appreciate a 'horizontal' option.
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
(2016-03-07, 06:09)mazey Wrote: is anyone else having the problem, when playing something in tv shows/movies (library) folder if you stop the video playing the directory resets to the beginning then you need to scroll all the way down again to find what you are upto to play the next file? using latest nightly.

anyone? seems it does it on confluence aswell, might be a nightly problem, anyone else experiencing this at all?
Addons were much more important on the settings page then skin settings Sad took me almost 10mins to figure out how to get to the addons install from zip etc section. everyone knows where skin settings are already.

i also liked the SD/HD flag next to file names which is gone now, they dont even show with the extra media info stuff available. Sad

first aired looks ugly ontop of the plot (seems squashed now and a space between them makes 2 spaces less available for plot), its available in episode info if people wanted to see it.

thanks so much for fixing the search box though Smile
Just to defend/clarify what I said.

If I'm watching a video. Tv show in this instance. When I press the info button, the things I definitely expect to see are 1. What I'm watching (tv show and episode title - thumb or poster for design) 2. How long it is and where I am in the video. A plot and all other info is nice too, but it just doesn't feel right that the 1st thing you see is the plot and nothing else. I mean there is a seekbar but it doesn't have any corresponding numbers. And I'm aware the length and stuff is in the metadata tab. But I just don't feel like there should be any tabs at all with OSD info. It should just be the minimum. All that stuff is abailable to browse in the gui already. I'm not against having the plot there outright or anything like that. But minimum is best, that's my opinion.

Maybe make it no tabs and add a plot and actors button?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9