• 19(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2016-03-11, 16:59)hdmkv Wrote: Correct as Koying has said AML can't output in full 3D, even though it can decode MVC fine. But, as upcoming WeTek (and possible other manufacturers) have the latest revision C hardware in S905, maybe AMLogic has fixed 3D for full output?

Well, iirc, there is provision for frame-packing in the AML kernel, so I guess it should be possible.
Whether they'll try hard / succeed is another story.
(2016-03-11, 17:01)hdmkv Wrote: So, as long as they comply w/GPL rules, they're free (as far as foundation is concerned) to rebrand Kodi to ZDMC, XBMC for Minix, etc.?

Sure, why not? It would be silly to restrict sponsors to do something any single person on earth can legally do Wink
Sponsorship of Kodi is "no strings attached", in both directions. They get no privileges and no specific restrictions.
Thanks, good to know.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-03-11, 17:06)Koying Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 17:01)hdmkv Wrote: So, as long as they comply w/GPL rules, they're free (as far as foundation is concerned) to rebrand Kodi to ZDMC, XBMC for Minix, etc.?

Sure, why not? It would be silly to restrict sponsors to do something any single person on earth can legally do Wink
Sponsorship of Kodi is "no strings attached", in both directions. They get no privileges and no specific restrictions.

Well Said!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Well I'm confused if all you need to do is say you are going to fork Kodi to some different name, but still use the Kodi Logo (see the CNX review) for your .apk still call the app itself Kodi (see review) with some RK code contained within ?

Shit I should start marketing my own device and say I will package a fork of Kodi called Xmp, but use the Kodi logo and name the App Kodi 15.3 when I distribute the device for sale.

Have CNX and myself got it all wrong, happy to be corrected ?

(2016-01-08, 22:58)wrxtasy Wrote: I will donate the Cost of the Tronsmart S95 to the Kodi foundation if hdmkv will run over it with a car and post detailed post crushing analysis photos along with some witty comments of course !

Sounds like a good Kodi fundraiser to me, maybe get a few more users on board with some pledges ! Wink

I have a friend with heavy equipment and it seems to me a bulldozer over a concrete driveway would do a proper job, should be able to pretty much turn it into powder. I'm going to see him today, maybe I should bring that AFTV thing I have before I waste any more time on it.
(2016-03-11, 17:27)wrxtasy Wrote: Well I'm confused if all you need to do is say you are going to fork Kodi to some different name, but still use the Kodi Logo (see the CNX review) for your .apk still call the app itself Kodi (see review) with some RK code contained within ?

Err... Not saying you can do anything.
As every other single person on earth, due to the Kodi trademark (not GPL), they have to properly rebrand to make their apk public.

So if the question is: did Zidoo do it right, the answer is no, according to your findings.
But that was not hdmkv's point, I think.
Not sure what my point was... w/this GPL & trademarks stuff, every time I think I get it... I don't... LOL.

What I was asking (going off what movie78 asked) is if Zidoo's ZDMC is a legit (in Kodi team's eyes) rebrand like XBMC for Minix and WeTek Media Player.
My HT
If WeTek can rebrand their Kodi to WeTek Media player, Can ZiDOO rebrand their Kodi to ZDMC?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-03-11, 18:56)movie78 Wrote: If WeTek can rebrand their Kodi to WeTek Media player, Can ZiDOO rebrand their Kodi to ZDMC?

As far as I understand, of course they can - however they should rebrand it properly - ie no references to Kodi, not calling it Kodi internally, not using the icon etc.. WeTek have done that properly, SPMC did that, MrMC did that Smile ZDMC - by the sounds of - only a half-hearted attempt that doesn't really comply with the principles..

I might be wrong, but that's my take on the situation..
You can now run Openelec off an SDCard on your miniMX devices without flashing over android, You can use win32diskimager to write the image to a sdcard, just insert and reboot

SDCard version OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm64-MiniMX-7.0 now available HERE (amlinuxmedia.com for info)

SPMC from Koying has also been updated to support 3D playback and HD audio on Amlogic devices.(mileage may vary with different devices)
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
another advance (if you can call it that)

You can now boot Odroid C2 Ubuntu on the MiniMX via SDCard without touching the stock OS and its probably the best use for the device to date.

link from the user who is working on this below with instructions.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...for-sdcard
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
There are new OpenElec builds updated quite frequently at the moment for the MIniMX at amlinux http://amlinuxmedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=13.0 and you have a choice of flashing to internal NAND (zapping Android - which is non-trivial to reflash) or from uSD card (first boot takes a long time - and you may have to go via a reboot from Recovery to get it to start booting from uSD).

Current builds support Dolby True HD bit streaming, and will switch between 50 and 24.000Hz, but blue-screen on my amp when playing 23.976p content when you have refresh rate changing enabled in Video Playback settings. (Same kernel issues others have had with 1000/1001 modes on the S905 I expect)

Live TV (1080/50i H264 and 576/50i MPEG2) seems to play OK at a quick check (haven't tried the H264 576/50i 16:9 stuff that causes problems on some other platforms)

Haven't tried UHD yet.

(Yep - I tumbled for a MiniMX as the price was good, and I wanted a boxed S905 player alongside my more DIY ODroid C2)

Not recommending the MiniMX - but having a play.
(2016-04-27, 01:51)noggin Wrote: There are new OpenElec builds updated quite frequently at the moment for the MIniMX at amlinux http://amlinuxmedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=13.0 and you have a choice of flashing to internal NAND (zapping Android - which is non-trivial to reflash) or from uSD card (first boot takes a long time - and you may have to go via a reboot from Recovery to get it to start booting from uSD).

Current builds support Dolby True HD bit streaming, and will switch between 50 and 24.000Hz, but blue-screen on my amp when playing 23.976p content when you have refresh rate changing enabled in Video Playback settings. (Same kernel issues others have had with 1000/1001 modes on the S905 I expect)

Live TV (1080/50i H264 and 576/50i MPEG2) seems to play OK at a quick check (haven't tried the H264 576/50i 16:9 stuff that causes problems on some other platforms)

Haven't tried UHD yet.

(Yep - I tumbled for a MiniMX as the price was good, and I wanted a boxed S905 player alongside my more DIY ODroid C2)

Not recommending the MiniMX - but having a play.

automatic updates are working from the latest OE build forward making staying up to date easy.
So, TrueHD is working... what about DTS-MA? I still have my MiniMX, so may give it a try. Can't get rid of it on eBay for even $25-30 shipped.
My HT
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6