• 34(current)
Animated Movie Posters
I thought I had read somewhere that PhotoShop was being used to create these and that the resolution can effect the processing time. Can we assume that the initial creation process isn't effected by resolution, only the actual rendering is?

It seems that there's a lot people that would prefer the higher res versions. Many probably don't care about the download size either. I'll be happy to volunteer my PC processing time to help in rendering. I'll also volunteer my bandwidth to upload.

Either way I'm very appreciative for all the time and effort everyone is putting forth to provide these as is to the community.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2016-03-31, 01:53)CaptainKen Wrote: I thought I had read somewhere that PhotoShop was being used to create these and that the resolution can effect the processing time. Can we assume that the initial creation process isn't effected by resolution, only the actual rendering is?

It seems that there's a lot people that would prefer the higher res versions. Many probably don't care about the download size either. I'll be happy to volunteer my PC processing time to help in rendering. I'll also volunteer my bandwidth to upload.

Either way I'm very appreciative for all the time and effort everyone is putting forth to provide these as is to the community.

I Agree higher resolution poster would be nicer
(2016-03-31, 01:53)CaptainKen Wrote: I thought I had read somewhere that PhotoShop was being used to create these and that the resolution can effect the processing time. Can we assume that the initial creation process isn't effected by resolution, only the actual rendering is?

I think hi-res versions will come in time. Now they are mostly used to be displayed in websites (one of the reasons why they have to be smaller) just as a demo. It's great to see them appearing in Kodi skins and apps. When more used, more will appearing, and in time, better versions.

Maybe koufos could make a hi-res version of a poster, just to test and play around with. But like he said earlier, he is first making his collection complete (and is willing to share them) :-)
More than 40 new one since my last update to the database.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
The thing is that it is very difficult and rare to find high resolution gifs images to work with or edit.Also when tryied before to upload to imgur a high res gif,it is uploaded as video loop,not as a gif.Propably there is a limitaion to frames in order to be uploaded as gif.
is there time limitation on posters in kodi for example that birdman poster is awesome but it only shows few secs not full length gif in kodi then it loops
(2016-03-31, 10:34)koufos Wrote: The thing is that it is very difficult and rare to find high resolution gifs images to work with or edit.Also when tryied before to upload to imgur a high res gif,it is uploaded as video loop,not as a gif.Propably there is a limitaion to frames in order to be uploaded as gif.

You could send me the file (using wetransfer or something else) and I can place it on my website and post the link here.
Lets assume that we can overpass the uploading issue.
The fact is that it is very rare to find large and even more unlikely high resolution gif images to work with and edit...
@Razieal, yes have, Kodi limit in 79 MB ram memory, which is equivalent to 10 full hd frames, in Kodi Jarvis, I don´t know if is better in Kodi Krypton.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2016-03-31, 11:56)koufos Wrote: Lets assume that we can overpass the uploading issue.
The fact is that it is very rare to find large and even more unlikely high resolution gif images to work with and edit...

I agree Sad

You could say that with all movies/series available in 1080p it should be a non-issue. But quite the opposite is the case. The posters are a different story. Enough hi-res available.

Just curious (and since I am not a graphic designer at all), you as a animated poster creater, what kind of material do you need to create a hi-res animated poster. Does the animation part needs to be a .mov, mp4?? Or something else? Does it needs to be atleast 10 seconds, or more? resolution?

Maybe the community could help provide it. Make another repository for that.
(2016-03-31, 13:05)rschiks Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 11:56)koufos Wrote: Lets assume that we can overpass the uploading issue.

I agree Sad

You could say that with all movies/series available in 1080p it should be a non-issue. But quite the opposite is the case. The posters are a different story. Enough hi-res available.

Just curious (and since I am not a graphic designer at all), you as a animated poster creater, what kind of material do you need to create a hi-res animated poster. Does the animation part needs to be a .mov, mp4?? Or something else? Does it needs to be atleast 10 seconds, or more? resolution?

Maybe the community could help provide it. Make another repository for that.

Till now,I use gif images I find on the web.The higher the resolution,the better.A couple of times I extracted frames from mp4,the rendering took forever,plus the resolution wasnt very satisfying despite the fact it was 1080p....
(2016-03-31, 14:47)koufos Wrote: Till now,I use gif images I find on the web.The higher the resolution,the better.A couple of times I extracted frames from mp4,the rendering took forever,plus the resolution wasnt very satisfying despite the fact it was 1080p....

So already high quality (rendered) frames would help a lot?

(I have found some youtube movies of how to create cinemagraph I will take a look at, just to understand the proces)
(2016-03-31, 13:00)Wanilton Wrote: @Razieal, yes have, Kodi limit in 79 MB ram memory, which is equivalent to 10 full hd frames, in Kodi Jarvis, I don´t know if is better in Kodi Krypton.

Correct, currently it's the same for Krypton. But Krypton brings apng support Wink (file extension apng)
(2016-03-31, 16:34)rschiks Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 14:47)koufos Wrote: Till now,I use gif images I find on the web.The higher the resolution,the better.A couple of times I extracted frames from mp4,the rendering took forever,plus the resolution wasnt very satisfying despite the fact it was 1080p....

So already high quality (rendered) frames would help a lot?

(I have found some youtube movies of how to create cinemagraph I will take a look at, just to understand the proces)

Yeah,they would certainly help!
waiting for next batchSmile

• 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated Movie Posters13