• 190(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
How come there arent no radeon/ nvidia devices specially built for this 3d & other decoding using hardware? Except for an expensive shield, the pi3 smashes a lot of the players oit there. It baffles my mind. After I spent too much money on a android player that is buggy as hell! All these big i5/7 bending over do do some decoding while the pi3 laughs in their faces.
(2016-04-12, 19:57)Fredabc Wrote: How come there arent no radeon/ nvidia devices specially built for this 3d & other decoding using hardware? Except for an expensive shield, the pi3 smashes a lot of the players oit there. It baffles my mind. After I spent too much money on a android player that is buggy as hell! All these big i5/7 bending over do do some decoding while the pi3 laughs in their faces.

I guess it's because there is no real money in it for the manufacturers, and there is really no 'official' 3D content in MVC format available (a lot of manufacturers don't class home ripping as legitimate - as it isn't supported by the Blu-ray forum who licence the official players).

The Pi Foundation works a bit differently - I suspect they saw no reason not to implement 3D MVC as they had the ability to do it, and aren't going to be licensees of the Blu-ray forum any time soon?
(2016-04-12, 19:57)Fredabc Wrote: After I spent too much money on a android player that is buggy as hell!

off topic

Its not secret to anybody that the biggest % of users that frequents the Kodi forum don't purchase their content and piracy will not go away while Kodi is....Compatible and Running in every 25$ player out there.

How much is considered cheap to purchase a media Player ? 25$ ? 50$ ? 100$ ? 200$

Do you guys purchase your 3D blu-ray Disks.... because i don't see anyone doing critics about the blu-ray prices on the forum Rolleyes
A 3D bluray disk this days cost between 10$ to 30$ almost a price of a cheap "daily moaning" media player...

Why Kodi don't implement some type of specific Hardware certification/Keys with their sponsors to prevent that other hardware runs kodi ?
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

+1. I still have all my discs, some at home, most in storage... especially as re-rips are occasionally necessary.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-04-13, 00:20)couto27 Wrote:
(2016-04-12, 19:57)Fredabc Wrote: After I spent too much money on a android player that is buggy as hell!

off topic

Its not secret to anybody that the biggest % of users that frequents the Kodi forum don't purchase their content and piracy will not go away while Kodi is....Compatible and Running in every 25$ player out there.

How much is considered cheap to purchase a media Player ? 25$ ? 50$ ? 100$ ? 200$

Do you guys purchase your 3D blu-ray Disks.... because i don't see anyone doing critics about the blu-ray prices on the forum Rolleyes
A 3D bluray disk this days cost between 10$ to 30$ almost a price of a cheap "daily moaning" media player...
Yep - purchase my Blu-rays, DVDs and CDs, rip them to my unRAID server, and keep the discs (some on display, some in storage).

Watch a lot of TV - which is partially handled by TV Headend, partially by Windows Media Center. (Win 7 MC is a good soltion for those who aren't used to computers)

Quote:Why Kodi don't implement some type of specific Hardware certification/Keys with their sponsors to prevent that other hardware runs kodi ?

Because Kodi is Open Source.You can't stop people using Open Source software - you can just control some aspects of it. Similarly the word 'Kodi' is trademarked which allows the foundation some control over legal usage, but the cost of handling legal action is prohibitive I believe.
(2016-04-13, 00:20)couto27 Wrote:

off topic

Why Kodi don't implement some type of specific Hardware certification/Keys with their sponsors to prevent that other hardware runs kodi ?

When it comes to Bluray 3D and some of us in high Res Audio , you have to buy your Bluray Disc, if you want better sound and 3D MVC.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-13, 14:55)movie78 Wrote: When it comes to Bluray 3D and some of us in high Res Audio , you have to buy your Bluray Disc, if you better sound and 3D MVC.

The problem its the mentality of youngers generations that ignore completely copyright, one way or another people always get their 3D from the internet.

25$ hardware decoding dts-hd & trueHD & 3D + Kodi + iIlegal download....job done....

Issues in playback ? lets moan on Kodi forum about this crap hard-money-cheaper-than-3D-bluray hardware " they" will fix it... (at this point its difficult not to associate piracy with Kodi).
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

As this thread is about that full 3D and full HD audio experience, we're not the same user base as those who're after low-quality piracy crap. If you look at the many "fully loaded" type YouTube videos using Kodi, most don't even address local playback capabilities, rather all those banned add-ons. Using the cheap Android boxes as the means for that as you noted.
My HT
Most of the 3D user here came from DUNE;POPCORN HOUR; MeD8 etc era, so we do know a thing or 2 about a good media players.
This new user just discover Kodi and have no idea what Kodi is meant for all they know if watching free movies online,heck the even sell Kodi box at my local mall with a pirate addon.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Why would you stream any movie 3d or other wise from these addons. Poor picture quality and 2.0 stereo sound. No thank you.
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
(2016-04-13, 19:13)Mylo75 Wrote: Why would you stream any movie 3d or other wise from these addons. Poor picture quality and 2.0 stereo sound. No thank you.

Quite. Plus the fact it's theft. You wouldn't go into a store and steal a DVD or Bluray from a shelf - why is it OK to do it over the internet?
Kodi has misperceptions around it for this very reason. Just an example of an a/v expert no less I had to explain to in another forum.
My HT
Thumbs Up 
(2016-04-13, 20:37)hdmkv Wrote: Kodi has misperceptions around it for this very reason. Just an example of an a/v expert no less I had to explain to in another forum.

I dont think you can call its a misconception if such a large user base uses it for the illegal addons even if it offers more. From an A/V expert standpoint up until last year KODI was not an option for a lot of people bitstream needed very certain hardware to work. 3D/mvc in kodi is brand new less then year and still very hardware dependent. You are talking to people that have had hands on with other hardware that had these options 5 years ago. If you dont visit this forum everyday and read everything you would have no idea about 3d playback and even bitstream in some cases and what hardware works and does not work.

Part of it is the opensource allows it to run on anything giving people the impression that its unstable and buggy and the other is its just now catching up in terms of local playback. It would be nice if they had a cheap reliable dedicated hardware setup that was used as the base line with everything easy to setup and use out of the box to really showcase it off. The fragmentation of it is what gives it the bad rep and why most think its just used for low quality illegal streams.
3D MVC is not new in Kodi, as it has has been available natively on Raspberry Pi for a while. On Windows, yes, very new, but we already have a large selection of compatible Intel h/w. Re: Kodi for the A/V expert, not just since last year. Chromebox has been a serious option since 2014, and prior to it, there were several HTPC options w/HD audio.

Re: illegal add-ons or streaming, it isn't just Kodi. Plex has it, as do other media center apps. There are Android apps, and even iOS apps, that have nothing to do with Kodi that have it. So, it is a misconception, a frickin' massive one, that Kodi = pirated streaming. I'd be totally fine if Kodi got rid of video add-ons for good, similar to what MrMC has done to get Apple approval.
My HT
  • 190(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17