• 14(current)
Feature Requests
(2016-03-04, 21:07)mjbxx Wrote: Can Estuary have a Low List view option added? Kind of like how the Amber skin handles a Low List view. I'm a fan of fanart and like seeing as much of it as possible while scrolling through the UI. Either way It is going to be nice to see the new and vastly improved default Kodi skin with the Krypton release. Great work!

I second this. Makes fan art or video in background more prominent. Amber skin is a good example IMHO.
(2016-03-12, 10:14)gshodg Wrote: Suggested improvement - remove the hyphen between the text description and the temperature. For a further improvement, why not also include the "Feels Like" temperature on that overview screen also - it looks like it can accommodate one more line of text OK?

Page where the HYPHEN should be removed

Agreed - this really confused me a first. I though my weather wasn't working properly.

~Raze
Please reconsider the colours for the up and down arrows for a spin-control in the settings dialog - at present, the selected item is coloured with the themes highlight colour, but the unselected is coloured white - this combination is not clear at to which item is actually selected. As in the screenshot below, looking at it I don't believe the majority would understand that the up arrow is actually selected, not the down arrow Smile (and this genuinely caused me more confusion that I care to admit to whilst creating the settings.xml for a new screensaver - I honestly thought I'd got the order wrong for a labelenum setting before I finally twigged that what I thought was selected actually wasn't!)

Yup you´re correct, since the radiobutton texture change it doesnt look consistent anymore. Will get changed, thx.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2016-04-24, 02:36)phil65 Wrote: Yup you´re correct, since the radiobutton texture change it doesnt look consistent anymore. Will get changed, thx.

Thank you Smile
(2016-04-23, 23:32)BobCratchett Wrote: As in the screenshot below, looking at it I don't believe the majority would understand that the up arrow is actually selected, not the down arrow Smile

I don't like these up and down arrows in the settings. I wish that there was normal context menu.
Feature Request
Fanart view: thumbnails generation for any videos:

- local video files
- YouTube plugin
- Reddit plugin
- HD-Trailers.net plugin

Right now list view is useless because of very small thumbnails and useless poster on the left.

(Reddit plugin):

Reddit plugin - Fanart view is not working

YouTube plugin - Fanart view is ok but I wish that there were only thumbnails from video

---------------------------------------------------------------

And here is Media info view in the Confluence skin, very similar to the Fanart view in the Estuary skin.
Perfect!

I've been using this new skin since it was included in the RPi nightlies, and there's a couple of things that remain cumbersome:
  • Subtitle used indication. I always need subtitles, and in 75% of the cases there's either no subtitle automatically selected or a wrong one used. The result is that I always need to navigate to the subtitle menu. First to see if a subtitle is even selected, and second to either select or download one. It would really make things a lot more efficient if you can see if/which subtitle is used in the main OSD view instead of having to navigate all the way to the menu first.
  • Subtitle selection. The toggle to select a subtitle is a usability nightmare at the moment. Often a movie contains multiple subtitles of the same language with similar or the same names but you have no visual clue of this with the current solution. Pressing the button and it switching to a same language leaves you with the feeling things might have gone wrong, resulting in you pressing again and again. You have no clue whether you reached the end of the list and tried them all or if you have to keep trying, even with the one subtitle present. Please present the user with a list of present subtitles if multiple are present to select from.
  • Audio track selection. The same issues as "Subtitle selection" above.

I really hope you'll reconsider the current behaviour.
(2016-04-23, 23:26)Raze Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 10:14)gshodg Wrote: Suggested improvement - remove the hyphen between the text description and the temperature. For a further improvement, why not also include the "Feels Like" temperature on that overview screen also - it looks like it can accommodate one more line of text OK?

Page where the HYPHEN should be removed

Agreed - this really confused me a first. I though my weather wasn't working properly.

My biggest complaint about Estuary at it's current state is: I have no way to have watched movies not show in "recently added". If that is not to be changed, please allow removing "recently added" or allow to change order of the movies sections.

I see no benefit in displaying recently added watched movies at such a prominent location (top first row in movies). If I have watched all those movies, this is really annoying to see whenever I navigate to movies. I have no interest in watching those movies a second time. Or at least no higher interest than watched any of my other movies a second time. Logic for this design decision is beyond me.

~Raze

+1 please change this, removing the "-" should be sufficient to prevent this looking like weather is completely broken (:
Filter searching (left menu). Smile
(2016-04-25, 12:49)Forage Wrote:
  • Subtitle used indication. I always need subtitles, and in 75% of the cases there's either no subtitle automatically selected or a wrong one used. The result is that I always need to navigate to the subtitle menu.

I have the same problem.
Option "always show subtitles" - Must-have feature.

(2016-04-25, 12:49)Forage Wrote: Subtitle selection. The toggle to select a subtitle is a usability nightmare at the moment. Often a movie contains multiple subtitles of the same language with similar or the same names but you have no visual clue of this with the current solution. Pressing the button and it switching to a same language leaves you with the feeling things might have gone wrong, resulting in you pressing again and again. You have no clue whether you reached the end of the list and tried them all or if you have to keep trying, even with the one subtitle present. Please present the user with a list of present subtitles if multiple are present to select from.
Audio track selection. The same issues as "Subtitle selection" above.

Are you talking about this toggle subtitles menu (toggle language menu)?

Yes! It is super annoying! That is why I never use it. Audio and subtitle settings is only option for me right now, but it is also very annoying without hotkeys.

I made Feature Request: Hotkeys for Audio and Subtitle Lists here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=223457
Posted this already in the Estuary mod thread but I figured this might be the better place for my request.

Would it be possible to implement something like scrolling through channel epg in live tv by pressing left or right at the infobar?

Like this

Two requests:

Show number of episodes rather than year for TV shows in Fanart and List views

When I press I during playback for Info, display the runtime by default. I realise this might be better as an option, as I appreciate that people may expect the Info button to show Info. Also I realise I can press Enter to get a similar display, but that has other limitations (arrow keys change function; I can't enter a time to skip to directly without first exiting; to exit that menu requires a different key).

Thanks!
(2016-05-04, 19:47)hjbotha Wrote: Show number of episodes rather than year for TV shows in Fanart and List views

+1000

There is one view in Confluence that has this, and I really like it. I'll end up having to mod the skin to add this if it isn't included.
I know that using a mouse isn't the best way to control Kodi but... could you fix the hide delay of the subtitle download button on the video OSD?

The submenu, where the download button resides, hides after the subtitles button looses focus making it pretty dificult to hit when using a mouse.

TIA

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests3