• 332(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2016-05-19, 00:50)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 00:43)BobCratchett Wrote: (Edit:- though your British friends are actually more likely to use the word 'bog' than 'loo' Wink)
You kids and your slang, I just can't keep up... Tongue

I struggle with the slang the kids use too, and am using 'bog' as the last slang I am sure of. For me, personally, it will always be a 'latrine' - and there's no slang involved in that Smile
(2016-05-18, 22:56)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Never once did I call you a troll. I asked if you were and gave my reasons as to why I asked such a "ridiculous" question in the first place. Not sure why that offended you so much considering I obviously used my time to look through your logs and mention what I saw. I do not feel like going through several back and forth posts like asking what version of script.skin.helper you have installed when a full proper log from startup will give me answers like that before I recommend enabling that scripts debug log (wiki). That is just one example of the many questions I need answers to when an issue is reported. As a developer I had hoped that would make some sense to you.

Just because you felt the need to point out who you are... I feel the need to mention that I don't use an android device and could still care less who the f you are. That being said I appreciate you giving back to that community cause if I did have an android device I would probably install it.

I can only assume you are crashing due to some possible memory leak or limit being reached after a long time has passed of indeterminate length. Again I am assuming a lot with no info given, I don't even know if you are using an android device to possibly connect to a Windows NAS of some sort. What do your Android development tools say is happening when Kodi crashes?

I'm sorry i think you misunderstood. I am a developer of custom roms for rooted devices not for kodi android. Your right about the whole log thing. in my thread for the s5 every day I had to ask for logs. just usually in android you only need a snippit which is why i did that first. anyways I'm running this on linux. Right now i'm using openelec as i was hoping it would solve the issue but i also get this issue on ubuntu 14.04 minimal. the NFS server is also a linux box. Its been running for years with xbmc (about 2013) with no issues so I don't think its that although i did update mysql and nfs-kernel-server last night just to be sure.

About the log, what do you want exactly? the latest one i posted is a copy and paste of the kodi_craslong_xxxxxxxxx.log printed automatically in home. would you like someting else? I enabled global debugging in system settings. do you want additional ones turned on?

also switching to the center widget for full screen vis where there is no cdard or album art the NFS errors about cdart.png are gone.

again, this is the output of: kodi_crashlog_20160518145702.log

http://pastebin.com/UnjCRUCz

EDIT: just crashed again. so i don't think it is the cdart.
ya know looking at this new log it almost looks like an audio sink issue....
(2016-05-19, 01:54)Hack_kid Wrote: About the log, what do you want exactly? the latest one i posted is a copy and paste of the kodi_craslong_xxxxxxxxx.log printed automatically in home. would you like someting else? I enabled global debugging in system settings. do you want additional ones turned on?

I'm really not sure how to take this. Either your involvement was absolutely nothing - whatsoever in any way at all - to do with tracking down issues, or you're pretending not to known what GDB is. Honestly, either you're not what you claim to be or you're incompetent. As such I have to wish you the best of luck with Kodi in the future, and add you to my ignore list.
(2016-05-19, 02:09)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 01:54)Hack_kid Wrote: About the log, what do you want exactly? the latest one i posted is a copy and paste of the kodi_craslong_xxxxxxxxx.log printed automatically in home. would you like someting else? I enabled global debugging in system settings. do you want additional ones turned on?

I'm really not sure how to take this. Either your involvement was absolutely nothing - whatsoever in any way at all - to do with tracking down issues, or you're pretending not to known what GDB is. Honestly, either you're not what you claim to be or you're incompetent. As such I have to wish you the best of luck with Kodi in the future, and add you to my ignore list.

Edit:- There will be those who think I'm being too harsh. The comment is based on the following in the last post:-

Code:
############### STACK TRACE #################
gdb not installed, can't get stack trace.
############# END STACK TRACE ###############

Anyone who is even a little bit familiar with debugging Android will know what GDB is, and why I now have no faith in Hack_kid's credentials - either he doesn't know what GDB is, or he didn't read his own log. For someone who supposedly contributes to cyanogenmod, that makes him incompetent in my book. (And, if anyone else wants to question that, please post publicly rather than PM'ing me)

Edit:- And I would genuinely like to know the statistics, which this individual apparently falls into, of people who contribute to Android forks but don't have GDB enabled!

ok whatever dude fuck off. I don't need to prove myself to you. All i worked on was crushing bugs. and bringup of new devices. anyone using an s5 is probably using some code from me... ffs.... where did you say ANYTHING about enabling gdb.

i'm gonna compile kodi 16.0 if that doesnt fix it i'll go back to my custom gotham build. i originally posted just asking if anyone else has had this problem and you turned it into a big thing. have fun with your skin

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_d...ts/cm-12.0
(2016-05-19, 02:24)BobCratchett Wrote:

Edit:- There will be those who think I'm being too harsh. The comment is based on the following in the last post:-

Code:

Anyone who is even a little bit familiar with debugging Android will know what GDB is, and why I now have no faith in Hack_kid's credentials - either he doesn't know what GDB is, or he didn't read his own log. For someone who supposedly contributes to cyanogenmod, that makes him incompetent in my book. (And, if anyone else wants to question that, please post publicly rather than PM'ing me)

Edit:- And I would genuinely like to know the statistics, which this individual apparently falls into, of people who contribute to Android forks but don't have GDB enabled!

jesus christ. I knew this old username would make people think i was an idiot. i'm not a child i'm 27 yrs old. do you guys deal with 40gb or source code for an entire linux operating system. I'm not an idiot. i'll figure this out. its probably the audio sink.

oh btw i'm employed for developing android operating systems and have got 1000s of dollars in donations. i knew when xbmc changed its name to kodi it was going down hill

every version is less and less stable

Code:

as i said i'm openelec right now and no one said to enable it. ii dont even think you can on openelec. i'll have to restore my ubuntu img

Code:

and adrnoid doesnt use gdb it has its own logging system called adb
i've built in os support for the htc sensation htc vivid s4 s5 s6 note 4 htc glacier nexus 6 htc m8 lg g4 (which i didnt even have in hand) nexus 6 and nexus 6p so stfu
i honestly dont know why i care about this gotham works fine.. i'm an audiophile though and want the best quality
Hack_kid please stop polluting the thread. I don't know what you're doing arguing if you have nothing to prove. I don't care about any of this. If you disagree with someone's posts then feel free to make your point but there is no need to continue after that.

Edit: I have no idea what I'm talking about but a quick Google search shows that ADB is emulator related while GDB is for debugging C/C++ on UNIX. There totally different.
(2016-05-19, 02:42)mikesilvo164 Wrote: I have no idea what I'm talking about but a quick Google search shows that ADB is emulator related while GDB is for debugging C/C++ on UNIX. There totally different.

For the record, GDB is a debugging suite that works on a variety of GNU systems, including Android. ADB is a bridge (indeed, I may be mis-remembering, but I believe that's what the 'B' stands for) to debugging tools - think GDB - on *nix systems.
(2016-05-19, 03:04)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 02:42)mikesilvo164 Wrote: I have no idea what I'm talking about but a quick Google search shows that ADB is emulator related while GDB is for debugging C/C++ on UNIX. There totally different.

For the record, GDB is a debugging suite that works on a variety of GNU systems, including Android. ADB is a bridge (indeed, I may be mis-remembering, but I believe that's what the 'B' stands for) to debugging tools - think GDB - on *nix systems.
That would be why I don't claim to know things that I do not. I find no shame in saying "I don't know" or in this particular use case "I have no idea what I'm talking about". If I thought I knew everything, how could I learn anything more. Wink.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and wisdom Sir Bob. I like learning something new every day.
By ADB you mean the tool which allows us to communicate with our phone by PC ?

@Mikesilvo164
Transiflex accept my demand. So i have sent an updated string file. Next time i will translate directly. Good choice about transiflex. Seems to be a good thing Smile

Thanks Mike.
Zotac CI320 Nano : (4Go, SSD 64Go, W7_64)
Zotac CI323 Nano : (4Go, SSD 120Go, W10)

Acer Aspire 5740G (Intel I3 330M, 4Go, WD 500Go, W7_64)
Desktop (Intel Q6600@3Ghz, 6Go, Seagate 500Go & Seagate 320 Go W7_64)

NAS Synology DS213+ : 2*3To WD Red (SHR)
NAS Synology DS215J : 2*4To WD Red (SHR)

All under KODI Jarvis 16, Aeon Nox Silvo Mod & Mr.V Widget Mod.

• 332(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55