• 376(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2016-09-16, 20:31)Solo0815 Wrote: @mike:
In the Live-TV info code, there is
Code:
<texture border="40">dialogs/default/bg.png</texture>
with this animation
Code:
<animation effect="fade" reversible="false" end="85" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
which gives a nice semi-transparent BG. In many other XMLs there is only the "texture"-line from above without any "animation". This gives non-transparent windows. That is inconsistent. Is this a wanted behaviour?
If not, I suggest adding a include with this lines
Code:
<texture border="40">dialogs/default/bg.png</texture>
<animation effect="fade" reversible="false" end="85" time="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
and call it later with a include-tag. If wanted the "85" could be replaced with a Variable, where the user can choose the transparency of the dialogs.

The include has the advantage, that if you want to replace the animation, texture or the transparency, you only have to edit ONE include, instead of 6534 appearences Wink
Not going to add an include for 1 line unless I actually need to, that is what find & replace is for Wink

Two things... First is that the easiest way would be to delete all those colordiffuse and animation tags and have someone with some Photoshop skills change the textures to be 15% more transparent and the second is that you cannot use a variable that way... I already tried it long ago Nod
I want to move the information line of series and movies a little more to the right. They know which file you have to modify?
(2016-09-16, 20:38)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Not going to add an include for 1 line unless I actually need to, that is what find & replace is for Wink

Two things... First is that the easiest way would be to delete all those colordiffuse and animation tags and have someone with some Photoshop skills change the textures to be 15% more transparent and the second is that you cannot use a variable that way... I already tried it long ago Nod
What I meat is a Variable, where the User can define the transparency, like the slider in "Opacity-Settings" = negative transparency Wink
Variable does mean here, the value can change. KODI variables are something different than bash-programmine variables Cool

Am I right, that "colordiffuse" and "animation" have (almost) the same result: make images transparent (with xxFFFFFF)
Also there are a lot of different "colordiffuse"-values: e.g. none, E6FFFFFF, CCFFFFFF, B3FFFFFF for listpanel_back.png
I want them unified, maybe my obsession Wink

My understanding of programming is to have values set in one place (constants, includes, etc) and used them with "placeholders". So if you want to change a value, you have to do it only in one place without search/replace, like "SettingsFadeAnimation"

Who has enough PS-skills and wants to change transparency? I think changing colordiffuse is a lot easier
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen

Having a ton of fun messing with this mod. To me it's the perfect blend of skin/functionality for general use or for tinkering with. Easy to learn and once you get the basics, the modding possibilities are endless.
I have a Bug report:
If you have a timer in EPG-view (next), the text is moved to the left, but the image (the clock) is missing.

BTW: If anyone is interested: (Mike?)
I have modded this skin to use skinhelper to scrape Artwork for PVR-entries. Preview Images:
http://picsurge.com/Rvqw1g
The question marks in plot is a issue with my VDR setup and has nothing to do with this changes Wink
No official release yet because there are a few issues left.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
The same set up works correct in 17 krypton only shows up in jarvis

(2016-09-15, 23:13)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 21:48)Crunch69 Wrote: Mike
Yes it is Jarvis
Replaced the 1080i folder from gifthub and still the video info has a doubled over picture and doubled text. Note 1 pic looks like portrait and the second is landscape
I don't see how that is possible unless you did not restart after so it is likely that you either did something wrong or you are using a crappy add-on that is reporting the content as an episode and a movie at the same time Wink
Hi at all,

right now I used the Jarvis version on my system. But know Krypton becomes Beta 3 and I wnt to test
the new version of Kodi and the skin. I have my own addon wich scraped all TV-Shows from the German telecast and shows me new aired episodes of my DB TVShows... so far so good...
For Jarvis version it works perfect for me...

watch gallery

Now I checked the Krypton Version and it seems that WidgetInfo is gone...
is it right?
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2016-09-17, 10:16)Solo0815 Wrote: What I meat is a Variable, where the User can define the transparency, like the slider in "Opacity-Settings" = negative transparency Wink
Variable does mean here, the value can change. KODI variables are something different than bash-programmine variables Cool

Am I right, that "colordiffuse" and "animation" have (almost) the same result: make images transparent (with xxFFFFFF)
Also there are a lot of different "colordiffuse"-values: e.g. none, E6FFFFFF, CCFFFFFF, B3FFFFFF for listpanel_back.png
I want them unified, maybe my obsession Wink

My understanding of programming is to have values set in one place (constants, includes, etc) and used them with "placeholders". So if you want to change a value, you have to do it only in one place without search/replace, like "SettingsFadeAnimation"

Who has enough PS-skills and wants to change transparency? I think changing colordiffuse is a lot easier
Yes variables can be used to change things since it is just a list of conditional values where the first one to match the condition is used but they will not work in an attribute so you cannot use $VAR[Transparency] in place of the end="85" (at least that was the case when I tried it last) but you can do something like I did with the MyFlix Dimmer.

They are all different cause I am not sure yet which looks the best and would prefer to just have someone alter them the proper way instead of changing all instances of the image anyway Wink

It is easier to change the images cause then no additional processing of the image is needed. The fade animation is similar to color diffuse if you do not want to change the color but only the alpha. Colors are AARRGGBB so the first 2 handle the alpha which is transparency/opacity/whatever you wanna call it.

I have no reason to use an include for transparency cause I am not planning on changing that often (or like ever) so like I said... Find & Replace works just fine Nod

I don't have an opacity slider...??
(2016-09-18, 12:46)Solo0815 Wrote: I have a Bug report:
If you have a timer in EPG-view (next), the text is moved to the left, but the image (the clock) is missing.

I have modded this skin to use skinhelper to scrape Artwork for PVR-entries. Preview Images:
The question marks in plot is a issue with my VDR setup and has nothing to do with this changes Wink
I already told you my reasons for not adding it to the skin and literally hours after I posted said reasons you had an issue with the Start Trek movie so Wink

If you are gonna record something and keep it then why not just add it to the library if you want all the nice metadata... Personally, I just don't get it.

EPG next view bug is fixed because they have been removed from the skin Smile
(2016-09-19, 20:02)Crunch69 Wrote: The same set up works correct in 17 krypton only shows up in jarvis
The same code is used for both Jarvis and Krypton...
(2016-09-20, 10:36)sveni_lee Wrote: Hi at all,

right now I used the Jarvis version on my system. But know Krypton becomes Beta 3 and I wnt to test
the new version of Kodi and the skin. I have my own addon wich scraped all TV-Shows from the German telecast and shows me new aired episodes of my DB TVShows... so far so good...
For Jarvis version it works perfect for me...

Now I checked the Krypton Version and it seems that WidgetInfo is gone...
is it right?
Yes, it was removed. Oninfo no longer functions on the home screen, you can use DialogVideoInfo now which is a lot better IMHO. No idea what you need to do to trigger the window opening but extended info widgets do it so you can try to check it's code for inspiration.
Been using the Krpton with Aeon Nox Silvo. For some reason I cannot get the widget for Specto or Genesis progress to work. It shows up but when I try to click on a show in most cases it doesn't respond and occasionally it will come up with a error that it can not find source ( I believe it said ). It works fine for SALTS however. Also all the other widgets I have set up with various addons seem to work as well. Would it be a trakt, addon, Krypton or the Aeon Nox Silvo. Tried it several times but not making a difference. Any ideas ? By the way I have tried most of the skins and find Aeon Nox Silvo to be the best to work with. So I applaud all your work.
(2016-09-21, 03:44)twillicks Wrote: Been using the Krpton with Aeon Nox Silvo. For some reason I cannot get the widget for Specto or Genesis progress to work. It shows up but when I try to click on a show in most cases it doesn't respond and occasionally it will come up with a error that it can not find source ( I believe it said ). It works fine for SALTS however. Also all the other widgets I have set up with various addons seem to work as well. Would it be a trakt, addon, Krypton or the Aeon Nox Silvo. Tried it several times but not making a difference. Any ideas ? By the way I have tried most of the skins and find Aeon Nox Silvo to be the best to work with. So I applaud all your work.
forum rules (wiki) banned add-ons (wiki)
Hi Mike i want to youse gif pictures for genre fanart please can you tell me which file and line i must change to show the images , for now only jpg works!! Huh
The file and line for GenreIcon (variables.xml) i have found but not for GenreFanart !!!
This skin is amazing. Literally everything I could want from a skin. I do have one, possibly noob, question. When using right list view, is there a way to brighten the fan art in the background?

Sent from my SM-N920P
(2016-09-20, 21:45)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I don't have an opacity slider...??
There could be one Wink
(2016-09-20, 21:45)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I already told you my reasons for not adding it to the skin and literally hours after I posted said reasons you had an issue with the Start Trek movie so Wink
The issue is, that the (old) Star Trek Film from 1979 has the same name as the new one from 2009 "Star Trek". So the issue can also happen if you scrape this film into the library without the year (and a 3rd Party Media manager). It has nothing to do with the PVR skin-helper thing itslef. In skin-helper there is a PVR-thumbs option "manual search", but this doesn't get all the images. That was my question.
(2016-09-20, 21:45)mikeSiLVO Wrote: If you are gonna record something and keep it then why not just add it to the library if you want all the nice metadata... Personally, I just don't get it.
There is no way to add a recording to the library. Maybe there is a (additional) addon for this, haven't searched. Skinhelper is already installed and PV-thumbs are working ootB.
(2016-09-20, 21:45)mikeSiLVO Wrote: EPG next view bug is fixed because they have been removed from the skin Smile
I saw it half a day after posting this Bug report. Bug fixed! Wink
(2016-09-18, 12:46)Solo0815 Wrote: I have a Bug report:

Hi solo0815!

I really like your mod to use skinhelper to scrape Artwork for PVR.

Can you pls tell me what files to mod or upload your modded files?

It's the only thing is miss in this skin...

Thanks!
(2016-09-05, 01:14)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2016-07-09, 19:19)irn|bru Wrote: Hi Mike. Just bugging you again and wondering if you've looked at or thought about this yet? I understand that it'd be nice to have the info on all artwork types but as a last resort, having it only show on Landscape wouldn't be too much of a downside. Anyway, the work is always appreciated.
Finally found some time to work on the Widgets and, even though it took forever, I added it on Git for Krypton only. Cool

Sorry, mike... just seen this post now. I updated to 17 beta 2 (on the laptop for testing) and it looks great! Thank you as always, much appreciated!
  • 376(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55