• 33(current)
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
(2016-10-07, 05:52)phil65 Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 16:14)Tarkus_ Wrote: Is there a way to get a thumbnail page view for local videos? If I set a folder as None, the only view option is WideList. If I set it to Movies, only the Shift view shows thumbnails, and that only shows a few at a time. Would love to be able to view my local videos with pages of thumbnails.

Will get better in next days, Wall and InfoWall will also work then.

Nice, thanks! Big Grin
Please undo the changes to Wall and InfoWall (or maybe allow both versions under different names?).
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10646
I loved Estuary from the start, but the recent change really ruined the skin for me.

Thanks for all the great work though! Smile
I think allow both options is the best solution. Name it Wall and Wall wide, and InfoWall and InfoWall Wide, for example.
(2016-10-09, 13:00)jd17 Wrote: Please undo the changes to Wall and InfoWall (or maybe allow both versions under different names?).
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10646
I loved Estuary from the start, but the recent change really ruined the skin for me.

Thanks for all the great work though! Smile

Couldn't agree more... Looks horrible.
Phil is looking at options right now, so stay tuned for changes/reverts. Please keep in mind, that the change was done for a reason / user requests.
Sure, but I don't see a reason not to offer both.
The original design (especially with the very nice slim bar right to the currently selected cover for rating, year and watched/unwatched) is utterly brilliant.
The change looks like there is a bug in the software. Sorry if that sounds harsh.
It will be a nice addition if there is a view type which will have genre and rating together.
Some view types have only show genre and one only rating . Is it possible to add both?
(2016-10-10, 14:20)jd17 Wrote: Sure, but I don't see a reason not to offer both.
The original design (especially with the very nice slim bar right to the currently selected cover for rating, year and watched/unwatched) is utterly brilliant.
The change looks like there is a bug in the software. Sorry if that sounds harsh.

Well the aim should be to detect, when we need the "bad" looking one and only use it in that cases.
That would of course be ideal, I agree. Smile
I just did not mean to cause any additional work and I thought offering both would be an easy/quick fix.
Four different people, the last one being me about one month ago, have asked to add the file path to the information screen, but all posts have been completely ignored. Is this some kind of forbidden topic or am I missing something? Huh
(2016-10-12, 18:05)nevernow Wrote: Four different people, the last one being me about one month ago, have asked to add the file path to the information screen, but all posts have been completely ignored. Is this some kind of forbidden topic or am I missing something? Huh

It has been added in last commit : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/8fa6...1315545bc9
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2016-10-12, 18:05)nevernow Wrote: Four different people, the last one being me about one month ago, have asked to add the file path to the information screen, but all posts have been completely ignored. Is this some kind of forbidden topic or am I missing something? Huh

You really need to be running nightlies to see the latest skin updates, and/or keep an eye on github for changes.

(2016-10-13, 00:14)Guilouz Wrote: It has been added in last commit : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/8fa6...1315545bc9

And very nicely done it is too (select the Refresh button to see the path).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-10-07, 05:52)phil65 Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 16:14)Tarkus_ Wrote: Is there a way to get a thumbnail page view for local videos? If I set a folder as None, the only view option is WideList. If I set it to Movies, only the Shift view shows thumbnails, and that only shows a few at a time. Would love to be able to view my local videos with pages of thumbnails.

Will get better in next days, Wall and InfoWall will also work then.

For local videos I hope there will be one of these views:

1. Fanart
I like a big thumbnail here. Local videos don't have descriptions, so maybe show some technical details there instead e.g. duration, resolution, video format...

2. List
Good, but video thumbnail is rather small

3. Media info
Something in between.
There's a remarkable lack of tags/genres anywhere except for the Info screen and other views (which lack the plot or other info). Can we get a scrolling tag/genre list above or below the plot if the tag is available?
Developer for Shoko and Nakamori. Long time user of Kodi, before it was even called Kodi. My XBOX died long ago, but Windows is still just as broken and necessary. I obviously watch anime, given my first comment. Video games, manga, music, you name it.
I've been using Kodi 17 beta 3 with Estuary skin and I mainly use the "Files" section to play movies. I noticed the view types is stuck to the option WideList and is grayed out. Using the confluence skin it was possible to change to different view types when using the Files mode. I usually had this set to a view so it showed thumbs of my movie folder.

Any plans to get these options in the Esuary skin?
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9