• 53(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-11-21, 00:38)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-11-20, 23:50)cobric Wrote: Thanks for quick response, unfortunately I should mention that I'm using Optical output, due to lack of 4k support of my 4 year old AV Denon Receiver (only HDMI 1.4b). So HDMI goes directly to TV (2.0 -> 2.0), and optical output to receiver but S/PDIF output setting in audio options has only RAW or PCM 2 channel to select not auto Sad
Is there some other setting so that AAC will work through optical output?
Thanks again
SPDIF is limited to stereo PCM. The only thing you can do is transcode AAC 5.1 to Dolby Digital 5.1.

Yes, after searching a little bit I see that "Surround audio across S/PDIF can only be achieved using AC3/DTS. Multichannel PCM is not possible over S/PDIF", also optical can't transfer TrueHD and DDP but for that Zidoo have force SD audio option which will transcode that audio tracks to DD which can be transferred via optical cable. Is it possible to do something similar for AAC to AC3 (format that can also be transferred through optical S/PDIF)? That way we can at least keep 5.1 surround.
It would be nice option because lots of us with older A/V receivers which doesn't support 4K over HDMI have problem with this, and unfortunately optical is only solution (thou inferior to HDMI in audio quality) other then buy new 4K capable A/V receiver (i also looked at HDMI switch but those work with lowest resolution of connected devices, so it'll still be limited to 1080p) Sad

Thank you for your help
(2016-11-23, 18:35)Skank Wrote: @mirror88

I know what im going to ask you id probably a far from your bed show but here it goes anyone.
I truly love zidoo, the only thing left for me is support for an addon, i know you are going to say ask the addon programmer but i think i should ask you too.

The program addon is called cinemavisin. It creates a truly cinemaexperience. I just love it.
However since zdmc uses an external player.. The addon doesnt work., it does when not using external player.
If you could lookinto this and test with a sequence for 2d and 3d , i ll praise you and your team into heaven lol

@mirror88?
Anyone Plex on one of these? I tend to run Kodi and Plex side by side. Can/does the wrapper also work with Plex to divert media to the native player (I'm guessing not)?
(2016-11-24, 12:40)laola Wrote: FW 1.2.27 is useless when you want to use a "standard" Kodi version (i.e. Kodi 17). The wrapper doesn't work anymore. And the live TV doesn't work without using a wrapper....

Really bad... :-(

I have the same problem here. The Superuser batch/script doesn't work anymore and I can't play any files with Kodi 17 and the external player. Any ideas how to solve this?
Root in 1.2.7 working
Delete from install root directory file superuser.apk, and run .bat file
(2016-11-24, 15:31)spawn_lmg Wrote: Root in 1.2.7 working

How do root this device try to in Kodi with the wrapper?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-11-24, 12:30)OlivierQC Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 05:08)hdmkv Wrote: @mirror88, from my testing so far, f/w 1.2.7 appears mostly good. One big issue is TrueHD and ATMOS. I'm getting major audio dropouts with both. DD+ is fine. And, all DTS formats are fine.

@hdmkv

did you check the CEC ?
I'm geting the same problems, do you think the cec will fix it?
@hdmv, do you still prefer this player to any other? Is there a better player out there in your opinion, given that none of the real bugs with this have been fixed with 1.27?
(2016-11-24, 15:31)spawn_lmg Wrote: Root in 1.2.7 working

Thanks - this made the trick. Now the Zidoo box is really perfoming very well - didn't notice any issue so far when I played some movies. Especially the HDR fix is working very well - no issues anymore - 3D is working as well as DTS-HD / Atmos. Pretty cool...

I should mentioned everything was tested with Kodi V17 and xbmcwrapper. So when the (standard) Kodi internal player would perform as the external player - this box would be a megaseller....
(2016-11-24, 17:00)DaMacFunkin Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 12:30)OlivierQC Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 05:08)hdmkv Wrote: @mirror88, from my testing so far, f/w 1.2.7 appears mostly good. One big issue is TrueHD and ATMOS. I'm getting major audio dropouts with both. DD+ is fine. And, all DTS formats are fine.

@hdmkv

did you check the CEC ?
@hdmv, do you still prefer this player to any other? Is there a better player out there in your opinion, given that none of the real bugs with this have been fixed with 1.27?
I have CEC completely disabled. Still like X9S, but last f/w didn't have audio dropouts. 1.2.7 does w/TrueHD and ATMOS. Tried new HDMI cable, but didn't help. @mirror88, you can try any of the TrueHD and ATMOS samples in the a/v test files wiki here.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
First Impression with Zidoo X8...

So far i am not impress with the Zidoo X8(X9S) compare to the Himedia Q10 Pro, there are few things that needs to done with device before releasing and the end user doesn't have to do all the tweaking to get it to work as they want.

Pros:

1-The picture quality of the external media player (Zidoo Player) is much better than the Kodi media player.
2-The Menu System with external player works really well.
3-HDR playback works great (Stop/Start) bug is fix in update 1.2.7

Cons:

1-The default settings of the external player doesn't retain the old settings.
2-The 3D picture is better the Himedia Q10Pro but as good as Intel Hardware base MVC
3- Mutliple Addons and Skin issue
4-Android resolution settings doesn't seems to apply to Kodi(ZDMC) all the time.

These are just a few issue i notice on a quick initial testing, as media player (external player) it works great but fully integrated with kodi there are few issue that need to fix.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-11-24, 18:02)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 17:00)DaMacFunkin Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 12:30)OlivierQC Wrote: @hdmkv

did you check the CEC ?
I have CEC completely disabled. Still like X9S, but last f/w didn't have audio dropouts. 1.2.7 does w/TrueHD and ATMOS. Tried new HDMI cable, but didn't help. @mirror88, you can try any of the TrueHD and ATMOS samples in the a/v test files wiki here.
Thanks.will solve it soon
(2016-11-24, 18:43)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 18:02)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 17:00)DaMacFunkin Wrote: I'm geting the same problems, do you think the cec will fix it?

Thanks Mirror

it will be a small update available in the next days or with the FW 1.2.8 ?
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-11-24, 18:50)OlivierQC Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 18:43)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 18:02)hdmkv Wrote: I have CEC completely disabled. Still like X9S, but last f/w didn't have audio dropouts. 1.2.7 does w/TrueHD and ATMOS. Tried new HDMI cable, but didn't help. @mirror88, you can try any of the TrueHD and ATMOS samples in the a/v test files wiki here.

Thanks Mirror

it will be a small update available in the next days or with the FW 1.2.8 ?

Maybe a beta version:)

We have been tested for a long times about A/V on version v1.2.7,Because we've changed the audio part(for DTS-HD HRA sync issue).But who knows, there always be unexpected things happen
But don't worry, Because TrueHD/Atmos before it was no problem, we'll find the reason.
(2016-11-24, 18:42)movie78 Wrote: Cons:

1-The default settings of the external player doesn't retain the old settings.
2-The 3D picture is better the Himedia Q10Pro but as good as Intel Hardware base MVC
3- Mutliple Addons and Skin issue
4-Android resolution settings doesn't seems to apply to Kodi(ZDMC) all the time.

1. I'm not having this issue w/X9S. My settings hold.
2. Think Zidoo and Intel PQ are about equal, but it's subjective.
3. Agree, this box isn't really ideal for video add-ons. For skins, make sure you choose 'Default' for font instead of 'Arial'.
4. You could be right, but I use external player 90% of the time (as it's the real draw w/Zidoo anyway).

@mirror88, for now, what's the best/cleanest way to revert to 1.2.6? I use TrueHD/ATMOS a lot, so will wait for next f/w w/fix hopefully. Thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
@mirror88 Have you guys done any testing with Plex and does it allow TrueHD/Atmos?

I typically run both and looking for a box that can run Kodi, Netflix and Plex.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8