• 102(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
(2016-11-24, 15:55)Hazzastalavista Wrote: I don't know if anyone can help me with this. I'm using the xonfluence skin on winows version of Kodi 16.1. Took ages to create backgrounds, submenues and shortcuts, but now I have finished I'm very happy with it. I wanted to install this on my android box also running Kodi 16.1. Have deleted textures13.db and backed up kodi, have every box ticked. Problem I'm having is when I restore onto the android box or onto the wifes pc, the shortcut thumbnails don't appear. The shortcuts are there but the thumbs are not.

I'm not an expert or anything like that, just a novice who tries.

Hoping this is a simple common issue and not me being a complete twat that ballsed it up.

Thanks in advance!
Most likely the thumbnails references are pointing to a local windows address that just doesn't exist when you move to another machine. The way I get around that is by editing the settings.xml file in userdata/addon_data/skin.xonfluence to use special addresses (which use relative paths inside the kodi folder so work anywhere). I think it's either that (which can be a bit daunting if you're not in the habit of editing .xml's) or re-make the menus (just the problem bits) on each new machine.

If you want to have a go then I'm happy to get you started - you'll need to get hold of your settings.xml file and ideally post it to a paste site, same as you would a log.
(2016-11-24, 16:03)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 15:55)Hazzastalavista Wrote: I don't know if anyone can help me with this. I'm using the xonfluence skin on winows version of Kodi 16.1. Took ages to create backgrounds, submenues and shortcuts, but now I have finished I'm very happy with it. I wanted to install this on my android box also running Kodi 16.1. Have deleted textures13.db and backed up kodi, have every box ticked. Problem I'm having is when I restore onto the android box or onto the wifes pc, the shortcut thumbnails don't appear. The shortcuts are there but the thumbs are not.

Hoping this is a simple common issue and not me being a complete twat that ballsed it up.

Thanks in advance!
Most likely the thumbnails references are pointing to a local windows address that just doesn't exist when you move to another machine. The way I get around that is by editing the settings.xml file in userdata/addon_data/skin.xonfluence to use special addresses (which use relative paths inside the kodi folder so work anywhere). I think it's either that (which can be a bit daunting if you're not in the habit of editing .xml's) or re-make the menus (just the problem bits) on each new machine.

If you want to have a go then I'm happy to get you started - you'll need to get hold of your settings.xml file and ideally post it to a paste site, same as you would a log.

Thank you trogggy. I'll do each shortcut that isn't working properly again. Editing .xml's look daunting. Just opened it up and it looks long with all the true/false blah blah blahs. I did notice though further down with alot of the addons the following.....

<setting id="AddonSetTwo.3.Icon" type="string">C:\Users\Geso\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.itv\icon.png</setting>

Its like that on most things so I'm assuming thats where its all gone wrong?
(2016-11-24, 17:10)Hazzastalavista Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 16:03)trogggy Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Thank you trogggy. I'll do each shortcut that isn't working properly again. Editing .xml's look daunting. Just opened it up and it looks long with all the true/false blah blah blahs. I did notice though further down with alot of the addons the following.....

<setting id="AddonSetTwo.3.Icon" type="string">C:\Users\Geso\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.itv\icon.png</setting>

That's the type of thing yep.
eg that one would become something like
special://home/addons/plugin.video.itv/icon.png

If it's a one-off it's probably easier to do it through the gui, but at least you know what's happened.
No twattery involved. Wink
@Hazzastalavista. If your windows install is C:/ then just use notepad++. Use the find and replace with.
Type the find as C:/users/blah/appdata/roaming/kodi and replace with special://home.
Click the replace all. Job done. 2mins Max.
Then save.
@Helly1206

This issue about the shortcuts pointing to a local link instead of a kodi special link has been discussed quite often.

Is this something that you can fix in the skin itself? It would really help us users with multiple boxes.

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Big Grin 
(2016-11-24, 17:20)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 17:10)Hazzastalavista Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 16:03)trogggy Wrote: Most likely the thumbnails references are pointing to a local windows address that just doesn't exist when you move to another machine. The way I get around that is by editing the settings.xml file in userdata/addon_data/skin.xonfluence to use special addresses (which use relative paths inside the kodi folder so work anywhere). I think it's either that (which can be a bit daunting if you're not in the habit of editing .xml's) or re-make the menus (just the problem bits) on each new machine.

That's the type of thing yep.
eg that one would become something like
special://home/addons/plugin.video.itv/icon.png

If it's a one-off it's probably easier to do it through the gui, but at least you know what's happened.
No twattery involved. Wink

Thanks you, good to hear that I'm not a full time twat (though some would argue with that)

(2016-11-24, 17:26)ed_davidson Wrote: @Hazzastalavista. If your windows install is C:/ then just use notepad++. Use the find and replace with.
Type the find as C:/users/blah/appdata/roaming/kodi and replace with special://home.
Click the replace all. Job done. 2mins Max.
Then save.

Thank you. WIll give that a go. Installed notepad++ so will see if I can do it without messing up too muchWink
If you run into problems just post it to pastebin and link here. And (if not too late!) make sure you save a copy before you start.
(2016-11-24, 18:25)trogggy Wrote: If you run into problems just post it to pastebin and link here. And (if not too late!) make sure you save a copy before you start.

Well that worked well.....NOT. Done find and replace and now my local shortcuts didn't work. I made a backup copy of my original settings.xml luckily.

http://pastebin.com/WqvbptGY is my settings.xml any help will be appreciated Smile

Thank you for all your help. You're worth your weight in gold!!!!
LOL. Trogggy will help you out. I'm at work right now. [emoji1]
Here is the pic of more progress made in Xonfluence OSD Mod , but for the life of me I cant figure out where/how to change the channel name to white from the current yellowish color. any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Notepad++... Such an amazing tool isn't it. I've been using QuickEdit in Android... Have any of you come across one that is more similar?

Sent from my P01MA
Xoncofluence is freezing on exit and the Windows taskkill.exe command does not works but does work great in the default Confluence skin when inserted in the DiagMenuButton.xml.for QUIT. I would have included the DiagMenuButton.xml file from Xonconfulence if it will would help but don't how you would that done.

Please see my Kodi log file https://paste.ubuntu.com/23527392/

Thank you for your help to figure this out.SmileTongue
(2016-11-23, 06:53)illiac4 Wrote: When on full screen and you press skip/forward button, there is no visual confirmation on top right screen corner like on original confluence skin. Is this by design or is it bug? I am on latest Krypton.

That probably has to do with your settings.

Go to skin settings --> General --> global skin options and set 'Enable original confluence popup seekbar'.

That should do.

Helly.
(2016-11-24, 02:17)exfbstudent74 Wrote: Helly,

I am having issues installing the xonfluence skin onto kodi 17 Beta 3. Any suggestions?

No, I don't know what your issues are.

I would suggest to update to the latest build first. If the issues are not solved by then, please tell me what's exactly going on.

Success,
Helly.
(2016-11-24, 18:00)jmh2002 Wrote: @Helly1206

This issue about the shortcuts pointing to a local link instead of a kodi special link has been discussed quite often.

Is this something that you can fix in the skin itself? It would really help us users with multiple boxes.

THANKS Smile

Hi jmh,

I'm sorry but this is not something I can fix. This skin (and lots of other skins) is using script.favourites to select addons. This script generates hard coded paths for icons etc. and not special:// paths. This is not a problem as long as you don't copy settings from one system to another.

I cannot fix this, but you can ask the maker of script.favourites if he will use kodi paths instead of fixed paths is a new version of his script.

Helly.
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13